Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16508 10/01/99 05:38 PM
N
OP Offline
N
My H of 24 yrs has just moved out to live with the OW. It has been a 3-yr on and off again affair. He says he can't try to put our marriage back together anymore. I still love him and want him back. Should I stick with Plan A or now that he's out should I move to Plan B? We have 2 teenage boys.

#16509 10/01/99 06:19 PM
P
P
Have you been doing Plan A for the three years? That would be hard. It sounds as if Plan B is in order to me.

#16510 10/01/99 06:43 PM
S
SDS Offline
S
Have you really been doing plan A? If not why not start with plan A. My H has moved out but I'm still going to try plan A. I'm not in contact with him, but I started sending him notes along with his mail. I don't know if it will do any good but what have I or you got to lose? You have two teenagers so there must be some contact through them. If they are in sports and school functions what ever let him know about them. But the best thing is to do what you are comfortable with. You know if you want to saty in contact or if you are ready to tell him that you are stopping all contact until he ends the affair.<P>------------------<BR>di<BR>

#16511 10/01/99 09:04 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Dear Paul Moyers & SDS< Thanks for your replies. I've been working on Plan A for about 6 months. We've both been working on things on and off for the past three years. He just can't let go of her. He'll tell her it's over, she'll call 6 months later and off he goes to visit her. She then leaves after a couple months and he doesn't hear from her for another 4-6 months. In the meantime he resents our lives here, too much stress, doesn't like his job, doesn't like the fast pace, and he says it's all my fault because I asked him to move back to the states. He really can't let go of the anger he has towards me, and having her available isn't helping. He says he doesn't want a divorce but I wonder...he says he needs to "fix" things. I asked what needed fixing and he wouldn't answer. He says he feels closer to me now that she is here. He says so many things I don't know whether I'm fooling myself and should just let go, or try Plan B or stick with Plan A. Except for some terrible things I said in the past two weeks (about the OW, to H), I've been pretty good with following Plan A.

#16512 10/02/99 11:16 AM
S
SDS Offline
S
Iorana, I know what you mean about saying terrible things about the OW to H it just make them want them even more. I remeber my daughter doing that when she was dating if I put the guy down she was more determined to date him. I stopped doing that when I realized he was acting like a teenager. BUt I blew it when he moved out. Are you seeing a counselor? If you aren't you need to to help you deal with this. I would be wondering about what he means that he feels closer to you with her here. He wants his cake and eat it too? Do see a counselor if nothing else they help you to start thinking straight and then it is a little easier to decide what you want to do. Like I said I'm going to try plan A for a little while, nothing more then notes saying I love him and care about him. I' m not going to say anything about him coming back or leaving her. Just making some deposit in the love bank and pulling a few guilt strings by enclosing pictures of the grandchildren nothing else, for a while. Keep me posted. <P>------------------<BR>di<BR>

#16513 10/02/99 03:41 PM
N
OP Offline
N
SDS, Thanks for your ideas on Plan A, especially sending him pictures of the kids and notes. I think I'll try that for a while. Keeping him close to the kids is really at the top of my list,too. Good luck to you too.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 610 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation