Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Ok everyone that has followed me so far, I spoke with W today. First time since Sunday. I went by the OM house where she is staying(he wasn't there) to pick up a puppy that I gave to a coworker. We talked briefly and asked her to do me a favor and fill out the Needs Questionaire, I told her she didn't have to if she didn't want to but I'd appreciate it if she could. She said she would! I also asked her what she wanted me to do about the divorce, if she wanted me to go ahead or if she wanted me to wait. She very softly asked if I would wait and I told that was mt preference as well. I informed that I had not given up on her. She had such a sad look on her face that all I could say to her was "Don't ever feel like you have no place to go, you can always come home, I'll sleep in the den and you can have the bad, but you have a place to go." She started crying and said thank you. I went back to work feeling good and bad at the same time (I'm still having a very hard time without her, she was my life, my breath) Later that evening my Daughter's mother dropped her by the house(ex-girlfriend). I told her we had to talk. I told her that it was not good that we were such good friends and that I'm glad we're not enemies but that it would be better if we made other arrangments to exchange our daughter (that sounds awful) anyway the reason behind this was that she was my OW two years ago and I felt seperation was best. I wanted this for my wife and for myself. She did not seemed bothered but told me that my wife had been with more men than I knew about. This has somewhat put a damper on my feelings of hope. I look forward to any advice.

Y
Y
It really sounds like you have your focus where it is supposed to be. Don't let the things other people say get in the way of that. Think of what you said to W and her reaction to it. Even if your W has been with more men than you know about (sorry), you decided to move forward at some point. How much of the old stuff are we going to let get in our way? It can make us start over sometimes. You're doing great and it seems to me that you are making progress in the forward direction even though it might seem slow. Definitely don't let another angry person start you in the wrong direction. You seem to be so strong and focused. I hope my husband gets there.

P
OP Offline
P
Lynn: Read my other posts...I am living in a minute by minute mode, I'm looking forward to going to hour by hour, eventually day by day. The people here have got me to where I'm at. If you're curious then go here <P>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/007869.html<P>I don't know if that link will work but you can try. But thanks for help [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 272 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation