Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1673345 06/02/06 07:48 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Hi everyone. I hope you all are doing well and staying the course.

Some developments in my life, some revealing and some just plain sad.

A few weeks ago, at a school function at which both my hubby and myself were present, a "friend" of mine told me that she had known hubby was cheating on me, for YEARS. She went on the tell me when, who and how. I felt as though I had been kicked in the stomach. It was a double blow, finding out hubby is a serial cheater and has been for years and realizing I was the proverbial last one to know. Even my so called friends knew and didn't tell me. Needless to say, I am heading to divorce court. I've had enough.

Now the karma comes into play. My daughter, now 23, who has supported her father throughout this entire affair, had her world blow up because of this mess. She was planning a fall wedding and I was so worried about her thoughts going into it. She felt her father was justified in having an affair and leaving since he said he wasn't happy. She was his biggest supporter, until now. Last week her fiancee called off the wedding. He admitted to cheating with his former girlfriend and told my daughter that he "just wasn't happy any more". My child is devastated and I'm silently feeling that this was all caused by her attitude towards her fathers affair.

Hubby now sees what cheating can do in a different light, as it's happening to his daughter. I just feel helpless and overwhelmed by it all.

As for me, I'm tougher than I ever thought and my life, alone, is coming together, except for the mess with my daughter. I have no words of comfort to say to her. I just hug her and tell her that I love her and that I'm here for her always.

Such messes created by such stupid people who never have any remorse. I wonder what my cheating hubby thinks about what he's done, now that this has hit the fan.

W
W
Well, well, well.

First, as for your daughter, good she found out now. Please help her chalk it up to experience and move on. She's young and this setback can pay positive dividends for a LONG time. Use yourself as an example - but you already know this.

You sound stronger and confident. Take this attitude into the divorce setting and put yourself first.

WAT

S
S
It's a shame that things had to play out that way. I really feel for you and your daughter! I, too, would like to know what H is thinking about this whole mess! I wish you and your daughter the best of luck! Seems to me she's got a great role-model to make it through. Best wishes to the both of you! keep in touch!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
S
S
I know it may be a strange idea, but maybe, in the near future, it is a good time to introduce your daughter to MB principles/ or similar types of ideas, so that she can enter her next relationship with opened eyes to what marriage really is, not what it should be, and how to care for herself and have diligence in maintaining a healthy, open lifestyle. Also, there are many websites that deal with getting over a broken heart. It's a horrible lot to deal with at one time, and I send GOOD Karma your way. Take care

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
I agree with Temp. It may be strange but I think it's a good idea! I think she will be well prepared if she learns what MB has to offer!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
I
OP Offline
I
Hi WAT. Thanks again for being so supportive. I'm helping my daughter get through this and biting my tongue about her being supportive about her dad's cheating ways.

Needing comfort and tempinsanity, thanks too, I'm going to give my daughter another week to come to grips with all of this and then recommend this site to her. I believe it can and will help her deal.

I can't help but blame my hubby for so thoroughly messing up both of my kids worlds and mine too. All of my friends are trying to fix me up with guys but geez and hello I'm still married. I just don't understand how people rationalize that.

W
W
Take your time regarding re-entering the relationship world. DUH!! You're obviously smart enough to know this.

I'll bet that your daughter comes to recognize the similarity of her sitch to yours. She's smart enough, too, huh? A convenient mother/daughter growth opportunity?

WAT

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation