Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
75% of second marriages ... etc.

I've been looking for these and related statistics for a while now, and trying to nail down the sources for these numbers. The more I look the more doubts there are.

Even the statistics of "50% of marriages end in divorce" is of questionable accuracy, and it's been quoted for years and years. From what I see, nobody actually has firm numbers, in large part because local or national governments do not collect sufficient data.

Don't count on it.

Just count your oreos instead. Much more useful as an activity, isn't it. Can you send me a few of those?

time to change the crazy one-sided no-fault divorce laws - ideas/opinions welcome
L
L
Ok. I think I jumped too fast. I am still grieving my marriage even though I feel nothing but anger for my STBXH. My STBXH left March 13th. I started dating June 9th. I really thought that I would date a few men casually and then buy a puppy. Instead, I met someone that I have started to fall in love with. We started saying "I love you" 2 weeks ago. It's been great but just this weekend, I started getting weird feelings with him. Like he is distancing himself from me.

I'm trying not to freak out but I am so confused and I don't like this feeling at all. If this relationship hits the skids, I am not dating for awhile. My heart has had enough drama.

Loni

BW (me)46, XH 46, OW 42 (former friend)
DS26, DD23, DS21, SS17, SS27
EA since 2/04? PA?
He filed for divorce 3/8/06.
OW divorce final 3/10/06.
He left 3/13/06, "to think"
Gave me letter from lawyer on 3/17/06.
Divorce final 9/1/2006.
Happily remarried to new H 6/7/08
C
C
Loni, you can't have healed enough to be a very good relationship partner - if the statistics are right.

I don't think this is a good precedent to set for your children - dating while legally married.

I think your attorney would agree. You are married or you're not.

A
A
The real question is how many people remarry and stay remarried for a long time? I know to many people who have rebound marriages and suddenly end up being divorced twice in only a few years.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation