Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1713537 07/21/06 10:01 AM
A
ashymom Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My husband has always struggled in his spiritual walk. He was raised at church but doesn't have a relationship with God. Because of this I have recently learned that 3 yrs ago he found comfort with another woman who was suffering the same struggles. She was convicted by the spirit, ended the relationship and sought help in her spiritual journey and in her own marriage. Now because he is so unhappy in our marriage and does not have any connection with God, he says he has no feelings for me, he doesn't care what happens to us, does not have a desire to work at our marriage, wants to move out and completely shut me out of his life. He says that he doesn't love me anymore, yet I can see in things that he says or does every once in awhile that he does still care. I honestly believe, as well as the pastor that he's been meeting with, that if he can develop a deep personal relationship with God there might be hope for our marriage. I ask that anyone out there that reads this will pray for my husband to open his heart to God. I know a big reason that he does not open up is because of his fear of being hurt and vulnerability to be hurt. Therefore, it's just easier to shut everyone out and hurt them in the process. My faith and personal relationship with God is very strong and has become stronger in this "storm". I have told my husband that I love him. I have implemented Plan A, but it is one sided and I don't see/know if it is working. I feel that even if he is letting God in that he puts on an act that he still does not care because he doesn't want to feel any guilt or remorse for the adultery. He doesn't want to feel hurt in the fact that he hurt me. Please pray for his heart & soul and that God will move in an amazing way for him. Thank you.

P
P
As you are implimenting Plan A

read Dr James Dobson's book

Love Must Be Tough

it's out of print so unavailable at most book stores, but you can get it online

it's a Christian approach ... keep the book out of your husband's hands for now ....

Prayerfully Pep

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 272 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation