Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shiela Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello I am looking for a Marriage Counsellor who is experienced in dealing with the whole gamut of infidelity.

That would be unbiased & open to helping both parties understand each other's perspectives, teach empathy, respect & all the basic tools listed on this web site I guess - whatever it takes to heal a rift.

If you know any good ones.

__________________________________ Starting a New Way of Life July 06
P
P
would you like to say where you are located?

S
Shiela Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The South.

Basically the country is that small I think we would travel to speak with a good one, that will cover all areas in a pro marriage way, behavioural & emotional, we are in our 40's so old enough to handle the responsiblity of our current stuff, just need positive direction & possibly a 'mediator' of sorts that would help us 'hear' each other.

Many thanks.

S
Shiela Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am looking for a recommendation please.

S
Shiela Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I do acknowledge not all marriages can be saved & some simply should not.

It may sound selfish, I want to be sure I/we have tried everything we can to make our marriage work well before we allow ourselves consider it unworkable.

T
T
You can try phone counseling with Steve Harley or Jennifer Harley Chalmers of Marriage Builders to start. You may be able to find an inexpensive long distance service. We have those available in the U.S. where it only costs .0220 cents a minute. I would also recommend purchasing MB study course and work through it together.

Last edited by Trix; 07/30/06 03:08 PM.

Married 1976
Me:BS
Him:FWS
MB Weekend March 2003
2 S's: '77 & '80, 1 D: '82
B
B
Have you tried the MB plan? The starting point is Plan A. For your marriage to thrive, the other person needs to be out of the picture.

B
B
Definitely recommend the MB Audio home study course

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
S
Shiela Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello, sorry for taking so long to respond, trying to get some semblence of normality into our family life.

Bigkahuna did you actually do the home study course?

I read all about, & I definitely would like to do it.

I have a very reluctant husband, who although he agrees we are messed up, is not willing to find the time or use his credit card to do this.

Husband has seen me read here, & has expressed annoyance that this site is not good for us & would like me to quit using it.

I would like him to consider even convince him investing 195 is very worthwhile.

I did buy him self esteem cd's, he listened to them once, said they were good, but boring & did not really apply the ideas.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank You

S
Shiela Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Believer,

I think that there is no current third party involved in our marriage.

S
S
Sheila,

We have quite a few members from the UK....hopefully they'll weigh in if they have some suggestions. I did phone counseling with the Harley's while I lived in Venezuela....and the long distance thing was not too bad....I researched and got a low cost service just for that. I wish I had some other suggestions....sorry. Good Luck.

B
B
Sheila,

Yes we brought the course and are doing it. It really is worth it. Our marriage is 100x better now. We have a ways to go of course but that was the best money I've spent to try and opercome this nightmare.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 230 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation