Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1723495 08/03/06 01:26 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone-

Karona you asked for an update and rather than hijack your thread I thought I would start my own. So here is my update, where do I begin?

First of all, I didn't make the trip. I got either a horrible case of the flu or food poisoning and rather than sunning myself with friends in Mexico I was puking my guts out in WI! I was greatly disappointed, but thankful I had travel insurance!

I have spent the majority of the summer trying to escape the jaws of my verbally abusive bf as he was killing my spirit. I still do not have it under control, but am seeing a counselor who is making things much clearer. I don't know what it is about him, but I have never exhibited such a lack of backbone when it comes to handling someone. I am so easily sucked back in by his charm only to be beaten down again. I don't know how many times I have to be struck down before I will truly get it, however, I am making small strides. I am taking things one day at a time and praying they will get better.

Summer has been flying by. We have been blessed with a lot of wonderful weather so the kids and I have been enjoying a lot of beach and outdoor time. My youngest DD turned five last week. To think that she was a newborn when I first started posting here. Where does the time go? The kids are all doing very well and we live admist a tornado of constant activity.

That is pretty much me in a nutshell. I am so happy to have a home computer again, although I will admit that getting on it isn't easy with the four kids. I can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!

Take care and God bless!
K

still reeling #1723496 08/03/06 03:41 PM
K
K
Hey Still,

I will get back with you, but wanted you to know I've read up on you.

It's so good to have you back. I've missed you a lot!

K!

Divorced 12/17/2003 Formerly KEB1205 Reg 9/02
Karona #1723497 08/03/06 04:00 PM
N
N
Welcome back. There's a lesson you are supposed to learn from BF, so if you didn't learn it before, you will now.
And from it, your life will become more than you imagine.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
still reeling #1723498 08/04/06 08:50 AM
K
K
I'm back~~

I hate it that you missed your trip. I thought of you a few times wondering how that all went and how much fun you must have had. Darn!

I'm sorry to hear about your xbf. I hate it that he has been doing that to you. I'm happy to hear you're getting help.
I don't know Still, I think it's like an addiction of sorts.
We know the good in them and the not so good, but the good is so good that we go back for another chance.
I hope you will continue to get stronger where he is concerned. You deserve much more than to be verbally abused.

Wow, your youngest is 5! Hard to believe. Time does go quickly. Hey, and don't forget you've grown in that time too.
Be strong Still, I will keep you in my thoughts.

K!

Divorced 12/17/2003 Formerly KEB1205 Reg 9/02
still reeling #1723499 08/04/06 04:23 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi ladies-

You two always make me feel better! I have missed you so much. I don't know why I keep going back and what I need to learn so much as to have my self esteem totally shattered. The counseling is helping though. It is nice to talk to a totally unbiased professional who calls it like it is. I am feeling stronger with every visit.

On the other hand I am contemplating changing phone numbers, well at least my cell as the guy is driving me nuts with calls and texts. The range from sweet, to angry, to threatening to find someone better, etc. It goes on and on even when I don't respond. Not a fun time!

Hope you all are doing well! I have SOOOOOOOOOOOO missed you!

Take care and God bless!

K

PS - As to the whole online thing. You may remember me talking about a friend who had fallen for someone we felt was a total con artist, I mean straight out of a Lifetime movie. Well, we were right, he was involved with multiple women and had conned her out of $20,000 by the time she caught on. Worst case scenario, yes, but be careful out there!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation