Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
My W and I will be attending a Navy/Airforce sponsered marriage retreat the second week of Sept.

This was something I researched a few months ago, but didn't expect to be available locally. To my surprise received an "all hands" email this week.

I believe this is something that is gaining popularity. If not for the fact I receive the "all hands" emails would have never heard about.

I immediately emailed the Chaplain to ask if retired are welcome. The response was obviously a yes.

I not think they would have turned anyone away that has/had any affiliation with the Military/Government.

It also looks like they might be taking material from the MB concept (See 2 day schedule below).

I would recommend if you have an interest in attending one of these FREE retreats, you contact you Chaplain or base chapel and ask the question. If they have nothing scheduled, it might be enough of a nudge to get something going.

I will report back upon completion.

2 Day Schedule:
Forgiveness & Commitment
Personality Differences
5 Love Languages
Love Busters
Love Builders
Keeping Fun, Friendship and Sensuality Alive
How to Listen to Your Spouse

T
T
Sounds WONDERFUL. The only thing our chapels have offered is a Love Languages retreat, for PWOC members who have deployed spouses.

Have FUN! And yes, most definitely, report back upon completion! Hey, and while you're there, ask how widely this retreat is being offered. Worldwide? The military needs, needs, NEEDS to be more active in providing marriage-building resources to its members.

Thanks for the heads up!

FBS(me)33, DH 35 Married since 9/89 4 kids (two teens, two toddlers) plus one on the way Recovering together since D-day 4/14/05
D
D
I haven't done the Marriage Retreat, but the individual CREDO retreat really helped me get my head back together a long time ago. If the marriage retreat is half as helpful it'll be a great use of time.

Me - BS DDay 1 (Multiple affairs while overseas) - Feb 2003 DDay 2 (AdultFriendFinder Profile) - April 2007 Seeing a counselor. I think we have him stumped.
E
E
Dobie,

Sounds great. Have you heard of the Army offering anything like this? I'm retired AF living in an Army town.

Thank you!

"Never argue with idiots or WSs, They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
C
OP Offline
C
Eagle,

I'd call the base, and ask them specifically. If they do not have an answer for you, put them on the spot as to why, and find out who to contact.

I will have more info within the month on the program, who facilitates it, etc. to pass along.

D
D
I was Army, but stationed in a Navy area at the time. Apparently the Army program is called BSRF (Building Strong and Ready Families).

http://134.11.73.3/DMI/BSRF/Default.HTM

It's run through the chaplaincy, so that's who I'd contact.

Me - BS DDay 1 (Multiple affairs while overseas) - Feb 2003 DDay 2 (AdultFriendFinder Profile) - April 2007 Seeing a counselor. I think we have him stumped.
E
E
Thank you, I'll check it out.

"Never argue with idiots or WSs, They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 766 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation