Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Papaof3 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
This is a crazy idea, but what the heck.

DC United made the playoffs. I enjoy watching soccer and don't know if anyone else on MB ejoys it too. I think it would be cool to meet somewhere and go to the game.

Anyone interested? MM?

Part of this whole divorce recovery process is making new friends. It would be great to meet some of you from around here and go watch Freddy Adu and DC try to win another cup.

It's just a thought. The game is Sunday in case anyone might be interested.

BS-34
EXWW-27
DD-4
DS-Twin boys, 2
D-Day-28 Feb 06
Divorced-24 March 06 (no contest D)
Separated from Air Force - 30 Apr 06
J
J

Professional soccer? I know nothing about it! I wish I could go, but I've got a small child's birthday party that day, and have to get HoFS to the airport in the evening. I hope you find folks to go with you, though -- the idea is fabulous!

Sunny Day, Sweeping The Clouds Away...

Just J --
P
Papaof3 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Yep. Pro soccer.

DC gripes about having a crappy football team, but it doesn't. It has the best "football" soccer team in America and one of the most promising players we have ever produced in America.

Freddy Adu is only 16 years old yet he's one of the most sought after players in the world. Watch him now before he leaves for Europe.

I'd love to do this if anyone is up for it.

BS-34
EXWW-27
DD-4
DS-Twin boys, 2
D-Day-28 Feb 06
S
S
Hmmm, soccer. I dunno, not really my 'thing'. If you come across concert tickets or the golden ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, count me IN!!! mmmmm, chocolate...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
P
Papaof3 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
It's the 29th at RFK. It would be great to meet some people there if they were interested.

Soccer is a blast. The atmosphere is fantastic. That's the thing. Soccer games are as much about atmosphere as they are about the game. People bang drums, sing songs, jump up and down and yell for their team.

I've seen that atmosphere on TV for DC United. One time, an injured player showed up with the fans in the stands, beating drums and yelling with the fans. It's a really unique environment and DC United is one of the best teams in the nation. Silent, MM, Just J, what do you say?

BS-34
EXWW-27
DD-4
DS-Twin boys, 2
D-Day-28 Feb 06

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation