Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1761252 10/24/06 05:34 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone-

I know it has been a while. I lurk here from time to time, but haven't had a lot to say. When I was last here I was still in the midst of leaving and emotionally abusive relationship. Still am, letting it go has been one of the biggest struggles of my life, but I have been able to establish no contact (FINALLY)! He still calls and texts from time to time, but I no longer respond.

In my new found free time I have been taking some time for me, something I had forgotten how to do. I try to keep busy so I don't focus on the issues my nutty relationship has brought me. I luckily have a great group of friends who keep me busy. Of course there are also my four beautiful children. Life here is clipping along to say the least!

Anyhow, I just wanted to check in and say that I miss you guys and hope you are all doing well.

Take care and God bless!

K

K
K
I'm glad you updated us K!

I think of you often and wonder how you're doing.
It's amazing how these relationships, that are not good for us, are the hard ones to break.

I hope your friends continue to keep you busy.
Enjoy those kids! and the new free time you are experiencing.

Come back again, I miss ya!

K~

Divorced 12/17/2003 Formerly KEB1205 Reg 9/02
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Karona. You are so right, the screwed up relationships are much harder to break free from. I find myself thinking of you a lot. I have had a couple of dating opportunities and I just can't go for it. I keep finding reasons that they aren't my type. I don't want to be alone, but I feel myself setting unrealistic expectations. HELP!

How are you? The girls? I think of you often.

I am back. I promise to not stay away this time.

Take care and God bless!

K

K
K
I'm glad you are back! You always have sound advice for me, and everyone else. I still wish we lived closer. Imagine the fun we could have?!

Yes, it's true. These relationships are so hard to free ourselves from. Believe me, I know. Remember mine?
I still carry something for him. Even though his mistakes have been so in my face. His latest trick is telling new people that he had to break up with me because I was pushing for marriage. So very much not true.
He was at a party this past weekend that a friend of mine was also at. Apparently he had some nasty girl with him who was very drunk. Honestly Still, it bothers me. That was not the guy I knew. Or, maybe, it was the part of him that I couldn't put my finger on at the time that was wrong. I sure don't know. I still carry feelings for him and wish things could have been different, but, it didn't work for a reason. I'm waiting to find that part out. It must be going to be GOOD!

As far as your dating opportunities.......
if you're like me....you're probably comparing. I did that for so long and most likely still do. How do we break the habit? My best suggestion would be, when you feel ready, test the waters. But try not to let yourself get too close too soon. I think time alone will be beneifical for you. It has been for me.

Thanks for asking about my girls. My oldest has had to start a new medication. It's been hard on her and myself standing by. It's a daily injection. I wish I could take her place. I would do it without hesitation. My youngest started middle school this year. She claims she hates it, but, she sure is smiling everyday when I pick her up.
I'm so proud of both of them. They make me know that I've done two things right in my life.

So glad you're back!

K!

Divorced 12/17/2003 Formerly KEB1205 Reg 9/02
Karona #1761256 10/27/06 10:05 AM
N
N
Glad to see you here SR.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 667 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation