Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1779379 12/07/06 03:00 PM
D
OP Offline
D
My wife called yesterday and we were talking about her counselor visit. She said she did not like some counselors because they are negative. I said what do you mean? She said the counselor told her what her idea of a friendship is and what mine is is probably going to be different and it would not work. I told her that might be the case depending on what choices are made moving forward. I then asked her if she was still speaking to the OM and she said yes via text messages and phone but she was not physically seeing him anymore. It went down hill from there. I told her that was wrong and not acceptable. I never lost my temper during the conversation but was very even keel. She said some very hurtful things to me at that time. Like "you told me the other night that you wanted to work on the marriage and it made my skin crawl". So the end of the conversation was I would come home and get my stuff and leave and have NC with her for a while and work on the kids and having the kids 3 days 1 wek and 4 days another week. I told her I do still love her which I do but she said to stop saying that as it is a lie. What should I do???!!!!
What is interesting is I went and bought all of Dr. Harleys books and Dobsons "Love Must Be Tough Book" and was excited to read them but not sure now. Should I still read them?

S
S
Yes - read Survivng An Affair first. It will help you to understand why she is the way she is.

It will not take away the pain, but it will open your eyes and you will have the comfort of knowing that she is acting in a way that is a known pattern. Just like a disease can be recognised, this A (affair_ behaviour can be recognised and expected. You are one of many betrayed spouses (BS's) who have suffered and seen the same things.

Keep posting to us, it will help.

Silver P

Me BSx2 63

1st M 13yrs WS Multiple As.

DD45 DD43 DS41 first marriage.

Him WS 56 P/A. PA + Multiple EAs from day one.

Current M. 26years

D Days 10/02, 11/02, 01/03, right up to 03/06

NC since 03/2006

Me Stage IV Breast Cancer since 36months,

Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us (Hebrews 12:1).Titus wife, Linda
H
H
duro M,

First step is to read SAA. I would then read His Needs Her Needs.

HL

Hardlesson BS: Me (41) FWW: XW (40) Children: Three daughers (2, 10, 13) DDay: 6/3/2006 M: 19 years Divorced: 10/4/2006 Out of the valley of dispair and working my way back up the mountain.
P
P
duro_madera,

Hang in there...you're in the right venue to air your frustrations and grief. Your WW is having difficulty letting go of the OM. If the A is to stop, she would have to cut him off completely, and I think she knows it...but is not ready to, for whatever reason.

While you may not agree with this, it's the reality of your situation.

You've got some great tools within your reach now (Dr. Harley's book and this site and the people like you who post on it regularly!)...use them to your advantage.

Lots of luck to you and rebuilding your M.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation