Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1829288 02/23/07 10:08 AM
I
ITHURTS Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Briefly - WH and I still live in the same house. Though, that's it..nothing else...still own our business and both work there.

The other day I was thinking about spring cleaning that is just around the corner. I have a hard time throwing things away. So in many drawers, closets etc. there are memories, reminders of "what was" the times we were a couple. The photo's of us were put away long ago, after he broke all the frames. But, cards, papers from vacations, souveniours, etc. are still in drawers, etc.

Even today, while going thru some old papers at work, I found the D-day card he gave me. Which still brought tears to my eyes. And that was right after I opened the mail and found tickets he ordered for himself and his new GF to a sporting event.

Did you box all this stuff up and stash it somewhere, or did you trash it all????

I have 14 years of "stuff" I don't know what to do with, but I hate finding it amoungst other things in the house, and at work. yet, I dont' know if I'm ready to have a bonfire.....

What did you do???

HUGS

ITHURTS #1829289 02/23/07 11:20 AM
F
F
I currently have stuff stashed where I don't see it every day, but plan on taking time this summer to condense it to a small box that I can put away.

I wouldn't take him back but I don't regret the good years just because he ended it badly.

ITHURTS #1829290 02/23/07 11:21 AM
S
S
I was in-house separated from my ex for 3 years. Then 3 years now separated from him physically. Six years after I closed off my heart to him, I still had cards he had given me from our courtship. I don't know why - except I would re-read them occasionally to remind myself of how sweet it all seemed and how carefully I should now guard my heart.

Just this past weekend I threw them out. I didn't need them anymore because it wasn't important.

I'm sure that eventually you will get to that place in your life.

V.

W
W
I kept things from my ex boxed up for about five years. I would have got rid of them sooner, but they were out of the way until I sold the house that we had lived in. Instead of tossing them away, I delivered the boxes to him so he could go through them and keep whatever he wanted. Yah, it was a bit of an agressive move, but who knows... maybe he wanted a shoe box full of love letters.

Mrs. W8ing

Burned-out W, 41, ENFJ married to INTJ. Blender family of 7 years w/3 teens. H has been injured/ill and in college for 6 years. Co-parenting for 11 years w/XWH who married A #4 of 5.
S
S
Well I don't whether you girls like this or not but I still have my ex's cards and stuff... I don't want to throw them out and at the same time I don't want to see them...so fixed them in a place... Where I hardly visit to in a year...like a couple of times to find something, even when I see that box ...I simply push it aside and get what other stuff I wanted.... Well may be I am just trying to tell my self I really loved her...who knows I don't know...

Savion.
Self Help Zone

savion #1829293 03/19/07 08:31 AM
N
N
Question for everyone. If you have kids, would you be more likely to keep the cards/letters to show your children later that you did love each other - once?
And what did you do with the large wedding photo/portrait?

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
newly #1829294 03/19/07 10:17 AM
T
T
And what did you do with the large wedding photo/portrait?

I struggled with what to do with mine for a long, long time after my divorce. I took it off the wall, and moved it from room to room, not knowing what to do with it. I just couldn't find it in me to trash it. Well, it ended up in my crawl space, and when I went in there to dig out my XMas decorations one year, it fell and the glass crashed into a zillion pieces. I took that as a sign that it was time to get rid of it - and out it went........I will admit that it was a very sad thing to do....

Older But Definately Happier and Wiser
L
L
I got rid of all momentos from all previous BF's when I started dating L.
Those things just didn't mean as much to me, and I didn't want him to come across them and wonder why I had them.

I have one album of wedding pictures that I will split between my kids one day.

Otherwise -- all gone.

Lexxxy #1829296 03/19/07 11:03 AM
I
I
Newly,

I burnt all the love letters I received from XWH. I saved all the wedding pictures and all the pictures up to our separations for my children. Any pictures of XWH that he posed alone or his pictures before our wedding, I gave back to him.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation