Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hi All,
I am new here. I am struggling with a decision... legal seperation or divorce. My husband took off, without any warning, while I was at work(my very first day). He left Sept.19 2005. I did not know where he was or why he left for two months. This is the third time that he has left me and our two children. He, in no way helps me finacially. I need to buy a house,but can not due to his finacial instability and irresponcibilty. He moved to Arizona. He tells us that he is saving money to move back. At the same time,he also tells us about all the neat new stuff he is buying,i.e. big screen tv,computer stuff, ect... He tells me that he still believes that God has plans for us and don't divorce at this time. I don't know what to think at this point. A friend at church advised me to get a legal seperation so that I can be financially seperated from him but still married. Well I need some feed back to this asap. I have an appointment to see an attorney tomorrow morning. Thanks for any and all replies.

G
G
I know exactly what to think. But, I could be wrong.

You need to talk to a lawyer asap. Your so-called husband is leaving his family high and dry. He needs to start sending child support immediately. You also need to make sure you won’t be responsible for any debt he racks up.

Why do you want to stay married to this man? Do YOU think God has plans for the two of you?

After many years of an unhappy marriage, I realized that God wasn’t going to solve the problem for me. I came to recognize the situation as one of God’s “growth opportunities” that he gives us mortals from time to time. I developed skills and insights I didn’t have before. I’m so much better off now than I was seven years ago. An older, wiser, stronger, happier woman.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
I
I
Well said GG! Those are the words of a sadder but wiser and stronger person.

IIWII (formerly 2sad4words)

J
J
"He tells me that he still believes that God has plans for us and don't divorce at this time."

My exH stalled our divorce for 2 years. I eventually realized that he never intended to work on the marriage. He just wanted to put off having to settle up financially (he owed me money for my half of the equity in our home).

Greengables is right about the need for child support that you are rightly entitled to, and the need to separate yourself financially from him so you don't become responsible for any debt he is racking up.

Good for you for seeing a lawyer to examine your options.

Jen

*33yr old FWS *exH is 34, no kids; in April 2005, he finally confessed that he too is a FWS. *We were married for 8 yrs, together for 12+ *D-day May 30, 2002; separated June 1, 2002 *I filed for Dv in Feb, 2004 (tired of waiting for him to choose me over OW) *Dv was final April 19th, 2004
M
OP Offline
M
Ok guys I did it!!!! After talking to my lawyer I filed for an evergency divorce. I can do this on financial grounds and I do not need an "order" from my doctor. He still has to sign and return the papers though. So please pray that this will go smoothly. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for your replies, I really needed to hear this from others that have been in my shoes.

G
G
Way to take charge of your life!

Tell us what happens, okay?

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
H
H
I can't believe the man is "using" God in this...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation