Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1847532 03/21/07 01:53 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Post deleted by autumnmu

P
P
Welcome. I'm sorry your marriage seems to be starting out on the wrong foot. I'm going to warn you ahead of time. You probably are not going to like what I have to say.

I think I am doing everything "by the book," but it's not working. I am starting to see fault in him, even though I love him. The magic is dying.

And what book would this be?

Have you ever heard that old song--there's a line "We belong to a mutual, admiration society, my baby and me'? Well you say he is critical of you but this sounds like mutual criticism society to me. You find fault with him too. In fact you have psychoanalyzed his problem: "He's trapped in his own skin." Why would you think it is okay to say something like this? Are you a trained psychologist? This is very disrespectful.

Why did you buy a bed without including him in the decision? Why are you planning meals without asking him what he wants to eat?

Have you read up on any of the MB concepts yet?

Have you ever been married before?

Me: 56
H: 61
DD: 13 and hormonal
DS: 20

Oldest son died 1994 @ age 8

Happily married 30+ years
pieta #1847534 03/22/07 12:49 PM
A
OP Offline
A
He is very angry and when i try to talk to him about how he feels he tells me he is not a woman and does not need to talk about his feelings. He says he is pissed at work and everyone he works with. I cooked dinner without asking him what he wanted because he usually says "I don't care," when I DO ask and he had been working (manual labor) all day. I wanted to take the load off his shoulders and have a meal ready when he came home.

I DID ask him about the bed before I bought it and he said it was "cool." I just wanted some acknowledgment for putting it together when I am six months pregnant and would have really liked for him to at least offer to help me. But, I didn't ASK him to, so I am at fault there.

I feel like I psychoanalyze him because he is so closed off and thinks feelings are stupid.

It's not that I did not like what you had to say, it is that your answer was very biased. You immediately took his side.

Yes, I have His Needs, Her Needs for Parents, the LoveBusters Workbook and we have done the LoveBusters Inventories and the His Needs, Her Needs Questionnaires together.

Thanks

Last edited by autumnmu; 03/22/07 02:40 PM.
A
A
One thing I did with my husband was to make a little Meal Calendar for each week. I would fill in what I planned to make for his meals, then give him a chance to have a look at it before I posted it on the fridge. If there was anything he thought he wasn't really in the mood for, we'd switch it with something else. We used this meal plan to help us not overspend on groceries, too. And it helped us to plan to use up leftovers in a timely manner - also money-saving.

Hubby liked it because then he could just look on the fridge and see what he was getting to eat each day - note that he had already approved these meals. Sometimes he would phone me from work and ask what we were having, then see if it was too late to switch a day with another one, if he was just not in the mood for today's meal. He also seemed to enjoy the anticipation - "Mmm! Tonight we get spanikopita!"

Maybe this would work for you?

A
OP Offline
A
thanks, but i still think that would be too predictable for my husband...i know, i know, it's hard to communicate exactly what i'm dealign with in type. things have been a lot better lately. i just gave him some space.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation