Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1865128 04/25/07 10:55 AM
H
OP Offline
H
I have found out today after further exposure that my WW has moved from an EA to a PA. I will tell the children tomorrow when she goes out and I'm off to Plan B.

I have told her to sort out the finances as she never deals with anything until its too late.

Where do I go from here. She says she loves OP and nothing seems wrong so she will continue damaging me in the process. I asked her to read Surviving an Affair but she won't bother not now I've exposed her further.

I have to say Plan A stinks!

Together 10 Years
Married 14 Febuary 04
DD 6 March 2007
DS8 & DS9
BS 38(me)
WS 39
H
H
Hey Chris-yes Plan B does stink-I am going thru that right now-How long have you been in Plan A? If you want to salvage any love you have for her, I would go to Plan B like you are talking about. It is so hard and it hurts so much-But I am living proof that the pain does subside. I was where you are about 3 months ago and I am smiling and laughing again eventhough I know that my M is over-I wish you peace and comfort b/c this is a terrible time...but it does pass.

"If you want a good wife, then you have to be a good husband." BS-38 (me) WH-34 0 kids Together 3 1/2 years Married almost one year before DDay WH EA 9/06 DDay 11/06 Plan A 1/07 WH asked for LSA 2/07 Plan B 03/07 LSA effective 3/07 H moved out 3/07
M
M
How long you been in Plan A? Did you expose? What have you done.

If you dont do Plan A right, Plan B will fail!

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...
4 kids (19(B), 17(G), 14(B), 4(B))
Blessed by God more than I deserve
"If Jesus is your co-pilot...you need to change seats!"

Link: The Roles of Husbands and Wives
M
M
Does she live with you?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
F
I'm so sorry to hear this Chris..

H
H
What's going on with the children?

H
OP Offline
H
I have been in Plan A for about a month but I've been aware of her affair for about 2 months and its probably been going on 4 months. Stupidly I let her deal with things in the beginning but she just kept on seeing him. I just wish I had come across this site earlier

I have exposed her to family, friends, her work, his work and his parents.

She won't let me meet any of her emotions needs. She leaves the room when I come in. If I touch her she pushes me away, she no longer puts kisses on her text messages. I told her I read his text messages and they are filthy and I knew he wanted to move in to my house.

She won't leave as he has nowhere for them to live as he lives with his parents. She keeps saying that she loves him and no matter what I do she will do everything she can to be with him.

I spoke to my solicitor (UK law) and have been told that she will get the house as she has the children as she provides the main child care.

It now seems pointless following Plan A and I can't kick her out as that will damage the children, so I've decided to move out and follow Plan B slightly different from the plan they expect you to follow. Dr. Harley says that Plan A doesn't work in most cases and with her affair having so much emotional attachment since they believe they are soul mates I think I should just move out and try and get on with my life, but I'll keep the door slightly open in case I can return

If you read Surviving an affair, Jon has to do exactly that in the end.
I have made arrangements to move to a 1 bedroom house so she will see the damage it causes on the children when I leave. I have prepared letters for both my boys and her and she is aware that once I move I don't want to see or speak to her.

I have told her to sort out the finances and when she see she is left with nothing she will have to suffer.

Together 10 Years
Married 14 Febuary 04
DD 6 March 2007
DS8 & DS9
BS 38(me)
WS 39
C
C
Hi Chris,

Sorry you are going through this. I have gone through much the same but have not entered plan B and have no plans to move out or make anything easy for the OM. If the OM is such a good catch, he will make it easy them to be together. If not, he is making it easy for me when I don't leave and he does nothing to help the A along.

Plan A to work effectively requires you doing only things that are seen as positive and loving towards the WS. She will see both positive and negative sides to the OM over time and what he lacks for emotional needs fulfillment will start to eat away at her.

It is very tempting to talk about the A during plan A, argue about it, or get angry over it. Talking about the A will not be seen in a positive light by the WS. She will not want to be in the same room with you because it means talking about the A and not getting the positive loving feelings that she can get from the OM (that also isn't stressing her over the A). This is the reason plan A is hard. You'll know if you've been successful in plan A if the WS starts to act more like a W and doesn't mind talking more or being around you. She will allow more ENs to be met as time progresses.

You might still have time to save your M. Take your time to plan and think things through, figure out what she wants most for her emotional needs to be met and work on those. The OM might not want to meet all her ENs. He might not want all the baggage she's carrying. Anyway, plan and re-plan. Take your time, believe me, it's worth doing that if you still love your W and think there is even the slightest hope left to get her back.

God bless,
CS

O
O
Even if she 'was the primary care giver' for the children, can you let them know she is now not safe for the children t/b around? Let them know she has been abusive to you and being with 'strange boy who lives with his parents'.

That you worry for the safety of your children and as a result need to stay and setup care for them. That she needs to leave and you need to stay for the children.

Your solicitors can't be that old that they never heard of a WSW (waywardspousewife), eh?

L.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation