Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Dear all my last hope,

When I thought it’s already the end, I luckily found this place. Also, I think this might be my last hope before I terminate my marriage. I’m a traditional guy from Asia and she
is a Asian girl who borned and raised in France. We met through a party and we started to have dates and fell in love with each other. I proposed her to marry me after almost a year
dating and we lived together for a while. However, we got marry without telling her parents because her mom is very controlling and she wants to wait until she is graduated from school; therefore, we told my parents and friends without telling any of her relatives and parents. I had to go back to Asia after half of year, because of my mother was sick. I went back there to start my own business in order to make more money for my family and take care of my mother at the same time. After 2 years later, I finally established a company with stable income and prepared to achieve my dream’’ Have a happy family with her.’’ I made mistakes that when we had arguments, I yelled at her by the date she visited me. Also, she complained about how I’ve been controlling about her life and I didn’t have much time to talk to her. Even how hard we fight, but we still finally compromised. Until last December, when we were in Paris, I sensed something different. The way she acted and talked was unusual. I still trust her because I think she knows what she is doing. However, once I went back to Asia, things were very different. She didn’t pick up the phone sometimes and she sometimes not home late at night. Each time when I talked to her, she said I was controlling. One day, I finally couldn’t tolerate it and I told her let’s get divorced. After couple days later, I regretted and came back to U.S. to apologize to her. However, she told me it’s over and we are done. I still took her to school and took care of her. One day, I was in her school and waited to pick her up. She lied to me the class wasn’t finished yet but I accidentally saw her talked to another guy. When she saw me, I could tell he was nervous and I felt something was not right. After I went back to Asia, I still couldn’t really find her. All of sudden, she told me that she is pregnant and she wanted to come to Asia to get abort it. Also, she wanted to visit Asia with her friends and she and her friend didn’t have enough money; therefore, I paid for everything for both of them, but I told her I can’t help her to have abortion because he or she is my baby. The reason is that all I have been waiting and working so hard is for this moment. By the day she came to Asia, I found out that she is cheating on me with the guy I met in the school. I tried to communicate with her but she didn’t want to listen. Also, I told her parents and relatives for helps. (Without the part that she is cheating because I don’t want to make her parents sad) and I flew back to U.S. with her and told her I’m prepared for this moment and I’ll take care of her and the baby. All I ask is come back home and I’ll wipe out what happened. I even called the guy and left a message for please not to do it anymore because it will not only destroy my family but also bring big impact of both side of parents. He didn’t call back but called my wife. Two days later, a girl told me that she is the guy’s girlfriend and she wanted to meet me. As a result, we met and we found out the guy is not only cheating on his girlfriend but also fool around with my wife. His girlfriend asked me if I wanted to talk to the guy’s mom because they know each other very well. I told his mom the whole situation and his mom decided to tell him to talk to me. However, the not only brought couple gangsters with him but also my wife. He threatened me and told me that it’s not his fault. And my wife lied to everyone that we were over last year. She broke my heart that night and changed the lock of the place where we live and took all of money from the bank. Ever since that day, she doesn’t pick up the phone and we haven’t talked since the beginning of April. She told me not to bother her because she said it’s all my faults. Also, she lied to her parents and relatives for I am a gangster and being controlling for her life. . I now stay in random places and have not much money left in here. I also don’t know how to open my mouth to tell my parents especially my mom has serious heart problem and my parents treat her as real daughter. June 6th is our third year anniversary; I’m thinking to make final decision. All of you in this place would be my last hope because I still want her to come back home and keep this marriage. Thanks for your helps and I will be really appreciating it from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely,

Justin Liu

M
M
Justin, why do you want to remain M'd to that woman?

Live in truth. Expose to her parents - stop protecting her from the consequences of her actions. Tell your parents about the situation. And, IMO, I think it's best to divorce her and move on - from the contents of your post, it sounds like your W is obviously not M-material, and there's someone out there for you that is.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
B
B
But, if you want to save your marriage, read about Plan A, which is showing her what a GREAT husband you can be, and also EXPOSING her adultery to her parents. That often will break up the affair and give your marriage a chance.

I'm with MIM though. You sound like good husband material. You deserve someone who will be good wife material.

Tell her parents that you desire to save your marriage and would appreciate anything they can do to help. You also need to tell your parents.

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks for your advices, I still love her in the way that she might realize someday or somehow. I recently had my cousin to talked to her on her campus in U.C.I., but she firmly wanted to divorce by the reason that I told her parents we are married. She even told my cousin that she doesn't know how to reach me. my cousin was laughing and told me that everyone knows how to reach you but your wife...;therefore, I'm still suffering from this and I recently go to see psycologist for curing myself. However, she posted a picture that she and another guy hungging on the internet.I'm still hang on and trying to rescue this marriage even I've been hurting again and again.

J
OP Offline
J
I do want to tell her parents that she is cheating but her parents just knew about this on April(because she has been hidden our marriage and said that her mom is very controlling). Also, I guess she laid to her mom that I am controlling, gangster, not treating her nice...etc.As a result, it might turned out to be two results:1.Her mom stand on her side and we will end up divorce. 2. They don't care and will let her to make decision. I really don't know how to do, and I keep on having nightmares for 3 months now because of her. I don't really think that she thinks she made mistakes and she doesn't really care. That's why she is dating another guy again.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation