Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1887978 06/05/07 12:18 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi all,

I'm new here to my surprise I believe my DH of 2.5 years is having an affair. Here are the details. We met 5 years ago and had a whirl win romance and moved in together after 3 months and then married after 2 years. We were the best couple. We had some much fun together and so many shared interests it was the happiest time of my life. After our honeymoon I took on a new hobby in bodybuilding. I trained daily for hours and at first he trained with me until a year ago I switched to a private studio while he remained at our local gym. We both work a lot too and my job forces me to travel a lot. In the month of April I returned from a series of business trips and realized we weren't spending much time together. I started noticing he wouldn't come home after work he always had an excuse for going to friends houses because he was stressed from work. Easter weekend roled around and I sat him down and asked him what was bothering him and why he was mistreating me and never spending anytime at home. He told me the house was a mess and he hated being there. I didn't believe him it wasn't a mess. I dropped it and he left for work. I went by his work that day to drop off a tea to him and the plant was closed the whole weekend it was at that point I realized he had been lying all along. I approached him about it and he said he was at another plant and got very defensive. Again I dropped it. Later that week I was away for a trip when a friend told me about a women my DH would go to the gym with and that they were together everyday. When I questioned him he threatened me not to ruin his friendship or else... I even called the OW and she denied being anything other than friends. Finally the last week of April my DH took a weeks vacation. He was nowhere to be found and would not answer his cell phone. Friday April 27 (our 5 year anniversary) I went to the OW house and he was there I waited and they walked out together got in his truck and drove to a restaurant. I decided to calmly approach them. She stormed off and I walked up next to him. I asked what was going on he said he was having lunch with a friend and why couldn't I accept their friendship. I told him I wanted a divorce and I left. He said he would come home later that we needed to talk. That night he told me that his feelings for me had changed and that he had felt that way for over a year. He said he wanted to separate for awhile to figure out his feelings. I was devastated and eventually agreed to separate. We continued to live together in the same house. While he occupied the basement I was upstairs. When we are together it is like nothing ever happened. We even continued to have sex daily. He would continue to go to the gym with her everyday and I even caught him sleeping there a couple of times. After a month I couldn't take the pain of knowing when he was there so I moved out. Now we talk everyday mostly through text messages. We were fighting everyday until I stumbled upon the Plan A/B approach. I am trying plan A but the problem is I allow him to come to my place and sleep over and continue to be intimate with him. I'm sure I'm making a mistake in allowing this behaviour but I can't help but see my husband in him and it is so hard to hold back my feelings. He is still seeing his friend though I don't know how often anymore. Does anyone have any advise for me to save my marriage?

S
S
I am so sorry, I don't have any advice for you but I can offer a (((hug))).

Me - 37 WH - 39 together 8 years - married 2 years 4 kids - 3 mine, 1 his DD17 DS12 YDS10 SD11 I would rather go down in flames trying than to walk away always wondering if I tried hard enough.
P
P
First off, am really sorry you had to find out the way you did.

Major move for your H would be to agree to no contact (NC) with the OW. And I do mean completely severing all ties with her. Unless he agrees to it, it will be difficult for you both to rebuild your M.

Lots of luck to you.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation