Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1891471 06/13/07 01:08 AM
V
OP Offline
V
Hmm…What next?
The story so far…had to take some clients out last week Wednesday, it was nice and it was the first time that these clients has been taken out by the engineering department usually by the PR department.
Well on the way to a club something caught my eye…tall and her [censored] is not wider than her shoulders. I started to talk to her on the spot…same small talk and I left to join the group. In the club there was a swarm of males trying to get her interested, it was funny how they would follow her. The group noticed that there is some interest from her in my direction but I said wait….all good things come to those who wait. So later I said to her lets go outside she said she wanted to get a drink…. hint to see if I would try to buy her love…I did not. Loads of other guys did try. Out side we had a short chat again….I did not want to show too much interest by standing there too long. Back inside she played little hard to get but always in my eyesight.
I decided to leave for home…saw her outside but there was a very annoying drunk guy that could barely stand on his feet but he wanted to talk to her, we did laugh at this idiot. I asked her for her number….did not give it easy but when she did give it she phoned her number and put my name in her phone…she said when you phone and I do not answer I might be at work but I will call back. I then said good bye…..she said but hey phone me….I said yes I will.

So I wanted to text or phone the next day but apparently it is not a good idea. I text her the Saturday afternoon the following:
I thought I will give all the other desperate guys time to call you 9 times a day to show how desperate they are before I start to call you 9 times a day. I thought you were an interesting person. What made you happy and what made you sad today?

She answered me Monday evening:
Hei I thought I will wait a few days and you will think I am not going to answer? (actually my phone was not working) hehe . I have tried to cut the number of desperate guys in my surroundings to a minimum, hope it will make my life easier. Happy. I spend the whole day with a good friend. Sad a friend called me and said he was at his grandfathers funeral and was very down.
and she ended the text with her name.

I answered after a few hours:
Hmm.. funny I thought you did not have any friends that is why you had to beg some people to go out with you the evening we met. Waiting a few days….hehe good one. but on a more serious note …sorry about your friend, it is always more difficult for the ones that stay behind. But it is way passed your bed time….g´nite.

I thought she would have responded to me text about the friends, So what do I do next, text her more call her or try to set up a date…I don’t know that much about her but would like to. I was surprised that she text me in the first place. So please be my MOJO coach and see where this could go or just leave it be?

Van.

vanasvegen #1891472 06/13/07 10:59 AM
C
C

Why don't you just call her and ask her out already?

My advise is to be more direct. Call her and tell her you would like to meet for coffee or dinner and get to know each other. That way, once you get to know her more, you can decide if you really want to pursue her.

Just go for it. Move forward.

ChrisBlues #1891473 06/13/07 01:14 PM
R
RMW Offline
R
I agree with Chris. And be honest. Women get tired real quick of men that try to play "games" with them. If a man starts that with me, I dump him real quick. I don't need somebody that can't be honest with me about what they want.

RMW

RMW #1891474 06/13/07 09:10 PM
A
A
Call her on the phone (not text), tell her you want to see her, and go see her. Don't tell her that what attracted you to her was that her [censored] was not wider than her shoulders, I'd aim a bit higher.

AGG

AGoodGuy #1891475 06/14/07 05:39 PM
N
N
Tee,hee AGG, I wondered if I was the only one to feel the [censored] and hip shoulder comment was a bit...low.

Dito on the game playing. The back and forth the two of you have been doing has a coyness to it that would put me off. Be bold and call her and ask her out on a date.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
nams #1891476 06/14/07 06:25 PM
M
M
yup, you are adults here, why the text messaging anyway? and if you had said to me, even in jest, that you would give all the desperate losers a chance at me first with thier best shots... well.... i'd feel like you were saying the only guys chasing me were LOSERS! HELLO!and desperate ones at that.

i'm surprised she texted you at all after those comments. i'd be like "excuse me?"

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

mlhbisme #1891477 06/18/07 05:52 PM
V
OP Offline
V
Good day to all,
Firstly let me apologize for the [censored] and shoulder comment I understand it was uncalled for. I did try to use that statement as funny, a work friend’s girlfriend made that comment after being in Latvia about the women there and for me it was funny on that day. I most certainly did not try to offend anyone.
For the looser statement it was again funny (or meant to be) some of my female friends tell me in what way guys try too interest them and well it is desperate. They say that some guys would phone at least 9 times a day so again they would call them losers or just too easy.
As I understand Nice means boring, what is wanted is confident and funny? I am sure you all have met someone that interested you…so you think about them call the next day, and the next day and so on and then you get the too much too soon. Hmm now that I think of that I met someone that called me all the time, showed up at my work the next week..that was too much for me, but what I have read and heard is that you should not push too much too soon…women like a bit of a challenge?
I have heard that YOU are so nice guy but speech too many times. Why am I too nice…because I call when I say will, 100% predictable show up on time for a get together. Text :hey have a great day! On the first meeting I would give a small note when we leave saying Nice to have seen you again. When new hair style I leave a note somewhere Your hair looks great! I open doors, pull out chairs and say thank you. How are you feeling…what made you happy and what made you sad? But there are 100s of other guys doing the same so what would make women prefer me over others? So what do women remember after meeting men…the nice or the different in a nice way man?
In summery:
I have not tried to offend anybody, I was trying to put some fun on this board because this board is very quiet and I was hoping for some fun(MOJO) in a nice way, I was hoping for suggestions on which I would act and report back.
I don’t like to play games, I am not intelligent enough so how do I find that one, it feels to me that the dating has changed a lot since I was young?
There is a chance that I might be working in South Africa for a few months so I don’t think any new interest would like that.

Van

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 95 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation