Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 48 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 47 48
S
OP Offline
S
Yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of my miscarriage. This day never goes unnoticed for me. Every year, I silently remember the little girl I held in my hand, wrapped in a washcloth, rocked as I sat on the bathroom floor, then buried in my back yard.

With all my emotions being open and raw, the loss felt stronger this year than it has in a long time.

Perhaps the fact the H and my recovery began the beginning of November will bring a new brightness to November for me in the years to come.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

B
B
Our purposes here is pretty limited to:

1) To get advice
2) To gain knowledge
3) To give advice

Could you please do #3 by helping this woman who's just not strong enough to do what you did:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/sho...ID=#Post3335021

S
OP Offline
S
Last night was our first session with Jennifer at MBers. It went really well. I feel great about working with her. And H says he'd pay $1000 for a session and refinance our home if it's what I want. (This from a man who has very little debt). In fact, he is the one that was really pushing counseling with MBers. He set the appointment up on his own.

Jennifer was very encouraging. She felt that H and I had already done a TON of work. It was good to have her affirm that. One thing she wants us to do is make a list of all that we have done over the last two weeks to protect our marriage. I will post that list when I get it done. It might be good for someone one day who wonders what kind of ACTIONS a couple can take.

We will meet with her again this coming weekend.

M
M
focus on your recovery right now SMB. Nothing else. Focus on your recovery. The time will come when your giving advice is warranted. Right now is not that time.

I am sorry for your pain regarding the loss of your child. Know that you are a child of God and that HE loves you. His plan for your life is just now unfolding...one day you will be with your child in the Lords Kingdom.

For now, focus on recovery and avoid being baited by bum advisor.

S
OP Offline
S
For now, focus on recovery and avoid being baited by bum advisor.

Eye, Eye, Captain! (Salute)

I don't have the energy right now to invest in reading through someone else's thread right now and formulating a post. I'm still in survival mode. I have to stay focused on the recovery and healing of my marriage right now. God may call me to do more another time (I am sure He will).

Perhaps she'll gain insight from reading my thread. I am sure she'll get the same great advice I've gotten from all the veterans here. What she does with it, well, that's up to her.

B
B
Ba, Thank you for your support.

I am sad to see that you will not share your story here. I cannot send you my email, as that is worth gold right now, considering what my H and I are facing.

If you know my story, you will look at me very differently (in a possitive way) and after reading my story, you would probably want to re-read some of my posts.

Please don't post your email here. I am not eager to share my story.

W
W
Beautiful Mama Bear,
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! I haven't posted to you in awhile, because I could see that you were getting great advice here. But I have enjoyed your updates, and you are in my prayers. We serve an awesome God!!

this weekend, a song came on the radio that made me think of you. It is an older song - maybe 5 years old. I do not remember the artist, but the chorus goes something like this:
"So hold me Jesus
cuz I'm shaking like a leaf.
You have been King of my Glory
Would you be my Prince of Peace"

It made me think of your WH, and what he is going through right now. You said that at times he has the shakes.When I heard this song, I had the strong impression that you and your H should start praying for Jesus to be your Prince of Peace.
Just a thought

Keep up the good work.

Married 18 years
D Day June 25, 2003
Divorced December 17, 2003

Newly married to a wonderful man!
S
S
Still praying for you SMB!

WOF5, great song! It's by the late Rich Mullins and is called "Hold Me Jesus".

S
OP Offline
S
Beautiful Mama Bear,
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! I haven't posted to you in awhile, because I could see that you were getting great advice here. But I have enjoyed your updates, and you are in my prayers. We serve an awesome God!!

this weekend, a song came on the radio that made me think of you. It is an older song - maybe 5 years old. I do not remember the artist, but the chorus goes something like this:
"So hold me Jesus
cuz I'm shaking like a leaf.
You have been King of my Glory
Would you be my Prince of Peace"

It made me think of your WH, and what he is going through right now. You said that at times he has the shakes.When I heard this song, I had the strong impression that you and your H should start praying for Jesus to be your Prince of Peace.
Just a thought

Keep up the good work.

WOF5,

It is good to hear from you again. I have missed you on my thread.

Thank you for continuing to follow my story and for praying for my family.

I am familiar with the song and it is beautiful. Thanks for reminding me of it. I haven't heard it in a long time.

Yes, Prince of Peace would be an appropriate prayer right now.

S
OP Offline
S
Still praying for you SMB!

WOF5, great song! It's by the late Rich Mullins and is called "Hold Me Jesus".

Thank you for your prayers.

M
M
Just a quick thought SMB...

as bad as your WH was...and he ranks right up there with the worst WH's I have seen on this site...
he seems to be embracing recovery with more vigor than he did his waywardness.
You just might wind up with a pretty good man on your hands.
How are you doing with your withdrawal and NC with the OM?

I am assuming that all of the NC letters to be sent have been sent and that your pastor has been notified of the "events." If not...there's no time like now to get that over with so that all you have to focus on is tomorrow!

B
B
sexymamabear, how nice of you to help out mishes and totally ignored sinkin and my specific request of you to give her few advices.

B
B
BA, it doesn't help your cause to bully and cajole hurting posters on these boards, particularly as you don't have a great track record of answering questions posed to YOU.

MB Alumni
S
OP Offline
S
...he seems to be embracing recovery with more vigor than he did his waywardness.
You just might wind up with a pretty good man on your hands.

I am assuming that all of the NC letters to be sent have been sent and that your pastor has been notified of the "events." If not...there's no time like now to get that over with so that all you have to focus on is tomorrow!

I agree. He has embraced recovery with a passion.

All NC letters have been delivered and NC has been maintained on both sides.

Pastor has not been notified yet. I don't know how it will benefit other than to expose on my end. Our church is huge and OM was new. Pastor didn't know OM and wouldn't recognize him if he returned. But if H needs to have pastor in the loop, I agreed to it.

Time seems to be flying by. We meet with the lawyer tomorrow for post-nup and the letter to OW that you (MEDC)recommended. Then Thursday we have a counseling session with our family counselor. Just H and I will be at this first session.

H told me last night that God broke his heart so he could give it back to me and that God broke his will so he would give it back to God.

H has been coming home for lunch everyday. He brought flowers today. I LOVE flowers. He used to bring them to me several times a month for years. It's good to have flowers in my home again.

S
OP Offline
S
sexymamabear, how nice of you to help out mishes and totally ignored sinkin and my specific request of you to give her few advices.

Who, when and why I post to someone is none of your business. I felt a strong desire to post to Mishes and so I did.

S
OP Offline
S
If you know my story, you will look at me very differently (in a possitive way) ...

Please don't post your email here. I am not eager to share my story.

If this were true, you would be eager to post your story so that we all would see you more positively.

I never considered posting my email here.

I have tried not to put anyone on ignore, but I won't listen to anyone about such personal issues if they aren't willing to be open and honest here. So...ignore it is. H put you on ignore a long time ago.

B
B

She avoided the first part of this question completely. It's going to take time, but time, in this case, will probably erase her feelings for him, though probably never completely.

R
R
Best Advisor wrote:
If you know my story, you will look at me very differently (in a possitive way) ...

Then why are you holding back, Best Advisor. Tell us so we can be inspired by your positive story and background. You'd think one claiming such a story would be proud and eagerly willing to share.

P
P
H told me last night that God broke his heart so he could give it back to me and that God broke his will so he would give it back to God.

SMB, When I read this I got "Godbumps" and tears welled up. Awesome. Just awesome.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
SMB...PLEASE put BA on ignore.
Or better yet, just ask Justuss to stop her from posting to your threads.

Page 43 of 48 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 47 48

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 328 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation