Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I
OP Offline
I
So Monday morning we were at the Hospital in a full fledged asthma attack. The ER doctor said immediately she was arround animals that set her off like this.

Attorney is not filing Emergency Custody because of the judge that we have. Our hearing is March 31st and it does not come soon enough for me.

Spent yesterday at the hospital. Katie fell at daycare and sprained her wrist, we went straight there. I was on my way there anyway, I was having major blurred vision, shooting pains down my arm, headache, and trouble breathing. They ended up saying part of it was migraines and they are not sure what the rest was, I have to follow up with my doctor.
But I had my parents come to keep Katie company, so that they could be with her and she didn't have to watch them do all kinds of test on me to worry her.

I came home and spent most of the night with muscle cramps in my legs and feet, and I still have the pressure in my chest. And a slight headache. I have to call my GP today.

I'm looking for a watch with different alarms to buy for Katie so she'll know when to take the medications, either that or I'll just have to call her when it's time.

Thank you all for your prayers. On the brighter side, God led me to read philemon this week and a few scriptures popped off the pages. I think God wanted to know if I was still faithful and wanted WS back. I prayed again and said that I do want my WS back after he has reached full salvation and I'm willing to wait and be patient for that to happen. SO in the meantime, preparing my home for a nice welcome incase that would happen sooner than I think, but not getting my hopes up.

My #1 concern is that Katie and I are following God's will, then it's Katies Health, then WS salvation, then whatever is going on with me, but I know that God has it under control.

Have to go, I have weigh in early today. I joined the biggest losers program at work. My weight is going down very slowly. I'm not upset considering I dropped 98 pounds in a year.

ME - 37 Husband - 34 Daughter - 8
Married 7-12-1997 Seperated - 1-28-2007
K
K
((((HUGS)))))

Good luck - having something unfamiliar happen to you is a big enough struggle without all the other things you are going through. Prayers for you and your daughter.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
I
OP Offline
I
Well.... weekend wasn't too bad. WS actually followed the diet for a change, but he didn't give the inhaler like he was supposed to, but he did use it once. He chose to give it to her before bed, then the next day when taking her around animals he completly forgot that he was to use it. Luckily that was the day I got her back, so immediate nebulizer treatments saved us another ER visit.

I was frustrated though. He took her to church which I was so thankful for, but didn't take her to the sunday school, he let her go up and down the steps on the crutches...

When I picked DD up and we pulled away, she cried. She missed WS, she felt like she didn't even get to see him. He is always so busy taking her everywhere else so to not have to deal with her, that he's pushing her away. She said she asked for cuddle time and he gave it to OW children instead. I asked if she expressed her feelings to him and she said no. So together we called WS so that she could tell him why she's so upset. He promised to spend time with her next visit. When we got off the phone she looked at me and said, I'd be better not seeing daddy. He never spends time with me and he lies mommy. He never does what he says he will, and I'm sure he won't spend time with me either. I said, well honey we'll pray for him.

So today was DD's doctors visit. SHOCK WS actually showed up. He hadn't gone to any of the 12 other doctors visits for her foot. I think the attorney must have told him to make sure he goes. Her foot is finally doing better. No more crutches, and we are going for PT. she's allowed to walk on it now, but carefully.

I sat accross from WS and DD. He would look at me and I would smile. Then he would figit and look down at his phone and pretend to do something. I felt somewhat sad having to see him. I see he's put on more weight, good sign that the depressions around the corner. He didn't look as unhappy though.

His mouth about hit the floor though as he sat and heard DD and I talk about maybe taking a cruiz together. DD said to me, Mommy that's a bit expensive, maybe we should take a few cheaper vaccations rather than one big one. I said you are right honey, but it would be fun. Said maybe we could get a boat instead, then we could have fun all summer. A boat was WS dream.

Then DD said how fun it was to have a sitter when mommy went to play holdem. That was WS favorite game that he suddendly gave up. I watched the strangest expression come over his face. He looked at me and said "how well did you do ?" I turned to DD as if not even hearing him ask, and changed the subject. I was hoping this isn't a love buster. I don't feel that he needs to know my life right now though either.

Then DD asked about someone from work. WS said who's Ron.
DD said oh you know, mommy has tons of friends now. Ron, Jim, Brian, Tony, Mike. Then she turned and said, yeah and Brian is really nice, he carries things for mommy and doesn't yell at her and he is a good cook, and he has really nice muscles. With that WS eyes are now getting Wider and Wider as he pays more attention to her.

I politely said, DD I am sure daddy wants to hear more about the fun you have had at school lately. Want to tell daddy about your excellent report card.

So again, subject changed and WS left to wonder more. I am still working on the house preparing it. Saturday I will throw out a bunch of stuff. Trying to get it perfect for if he does come home.

Until then still working on Me and DD growing closer to God.
VDay was nice. I spoiled DD. Bought her 2 stuffed animals, candy, a rose, a glass rose, valentine washcloths, a barbie, and a kids devotional book. When she saw that book she looked at me and said you are the best mommy in the world. THis is the best present mommy. You can take everything else back, all I need is this book to grow closer to Jesus like you mommy. I love you. I knew then that God is helping me to raise her right.

Today at the doctors WS was telling her that when the other 2 children tell her what to do to just yell at them and tell them to get out of the way. To defend herself. So I didn't say anything then, but tonight I explained that God wouldn't want us to start fights, but to be peace keepers. I explained other ways to tell them that what they were doing or saying was not nice and to stop it. She said, but I was called a weirdo mommy. I looked at her and said, next time turn and say to them, You can call me what you want, but I was made in the perfect image of God, and so I am beautiful. I then asked her who are you. She said her name. I said well who is ********. She looked at me.
I said you are God's child, you are Jesus's Best Friend, You were created in the perfect image of God, You were blessed with God's Grace, You are a strong soldier in Christ's army, and most of all You are Loved. That put such a huge smile on her face. I said next time someone says something bad to you , you just repeat that and you will feel much better.

So tonight I told God that I feel a little impatient. I told him that I know that HE is still working on WS, and I am willing to wait for his best work.

I
OP Offline
I
Hi all:

It's been a long time since I've been on. February 22 my DD and I were in a bad car accident. I had cracked ribs, broken nose, broken wrist and crushed hand. God has been a miracle worker as I am now back to typing for pleasure.

With the accident, I lost my vehicle, lost my home, and lost my job. God has been providing wonderfully. He sent me someone who sold me a car 1987 delta 88 with only 50,000 on it for 1200, my parents took us into their home so he provided shelter for us, and here and there people keep giving me money. Like when I went to the doctors office and she said they found I had a credit of 80.00 so that's 4 visits. I am still in therapy for my wrist and hand, but hopefully tuesday I'll be released from the doctor and will find a new job.

The other front is still the same. WS still not giving the medicines or following the foods as needed, but God led the allergist to put DD on a new medicine and her asthma has greatly improved. DD is still doctoring with the chiropractor from major whiplash from the accident. If you all can keep her in your prayers the WS is taking her to an amusement park against the doctors wishes next week. Please pray that this does not do any more damage to her.

DD is realizing that WS lies alot. She realizes that it is getting dangerous at his house with his new family since he is getting violent again. That's another prayer that is needed.

I have since got a really good attorney, but until the WS does something to DD we can't do anything about it. It does not matter that he is Hitting and smacking the other children involved. It does not matter that he hurt another child's wrist last week.

I still pray that God will reach him, soften his heart, put the Love of Jesus in him, but I am moving on at the same time.

DD loves my friend from the Divorce care class. She has stated numerous times that he makes a better daddy than her daddy, and that I should date and marry him. I have explained that I am still married, and that will not happen for a long time, but in the meantime, she can enjoy his friendship and the fact that he does spoil her. He himself is going thru a divorce like mine and his son has taken to me as well. Of course he smokes and has a cat which would never be good for DD, so it would never work for us, but he's been a good shoulder to cry on and we are the best of friends now.

Thank you all for your prayers...

B
B
INeed,

I'm sorry things have been rough for you, but am glad to hear they are improving.

I have to say, though, that I am very concerned that you say there is nothing more you can do for DD. If your WH has INJURED other children in his home, then you need to do whatever it takes to get her outta there and only allow supervised visits.

Was the injury reported?

If he is having her participate in activities AGAINST Doctors orders, then she is in danger in his care and you need to put a stop to it.

I am trying very hard measure my words, as perhaps the description you give isn't the full story - - but I am extremely upset that the description you give of the sitch for your DD sounds very, very bad and your description of YOUR actions seems like you are just throwing up your hands and accepting it.

We are talking about the most PRECIOUS thing in your life!! Yes, prayer is a PART of the answer, but you need to be taking ACTION.

JMHO.

Please let me know if I am missing something here???

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
I
OP Offline
I
Bugs:

I am definately not giving up on my angel. I can't begin to tell you what hoops I've tried to jump through for her. It is hard in this state. My friend lost her 2 children, meantime it was her husband that let the one fall into fire and get 2nd degree burns. He throws his children against the wall. Our court system in this county is not good at all !!!

My attorney is an old DA. She is gathering all the information. As far as I know the injury was not reported by anyone in their family, but my attorney knows and she's waiting to see what we can do to protect DD.

When I went to the custody hearing, I let the judge know how my WS forgot to give DD medicine and how he made her take double the next day then and could have overdosed her. The judge asked what child in their right mind would tell a parent that this happened. I was called a liar by the judge. I just wanted to cry so badly.

I am beyond worry for my child, yet the more I try the more I loose. I wasted about 10,000 on an attorney that did absolutely nothing. THis one is doing well, but I am tapped. No job, no house and I've borrowed everything from my mom. There's not alot I can do, except keep writing the congressmen to get the laws changed.

Our courts don't care that the medicines aren't followed. The judge didn't care that the last 4 times she went with her dad that she ended up in the hospital from asthma attacks from no medicine given. I have since had her put on another medicine and between the two the asthma is calmed down.

I am a nervous wreck about this week with her with her father and them being out of town. I can only trust God at this point, and pray that he can protect her.

What was weird tonight as I dropped her off. I said goodbye DD I will miss you. Mommy loves you. and my WS said, "I love you to." I don't know if he was looking for a reaction, but he didn't get one. One part of me doesn't care because of what he's put us through, and the other part wants him back so bad.
I'm waiting on God to show me the way.

B
B
INeed,

Are you reporting or logging this? If you are taking her to the hospital, wouldn't those records be able to help your case.

I'm so sorry you are fighting this uphill battle, but keep on fighting!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
I
OP Offline
I
She had been at the hospital the morning of the court hearing. Of course the judge said, look at her there's nothing wrong with her. I replied that is because they gave her the breathing treatment and steroids to get her calmed down.

I have every paper from the hospital and the doctors. I have a great track record, it's getting the judge to look at it.

There are times I just wish someone would shoot me so I didn't have to see what all she is going thru, but then who would care for her. I have to stay strong and keep fighting the battle. Sooner or later something has to cave.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation