Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 70 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 70
LilSis #1901069 01/16/08 07:38 AM
N
N
I signed up for an online diet thing to track my eating habits and caloric intake,

sounds interesting.....like an accountability log?
can you post a link?

You sound well, LS....I am hoping 2008 is YOUR year. Take care.

LilSis #1901070 01/16/08 09:20 AM
R
R
Good morning LS!

I have to agree with Nia...you sound so good! Hey...what's not to love about a mundane life, right! I'll take my mundane life over drama, drama, drama any ole day.

As for the 3%ers...I have a feeling if they do end up in this category, it will be out of stubborness and not happiness. If I had to place a bet though, RT is too manipulative, selfcentered and materialistic to live the rest of her life on a cop's salary. Once that spousal support dries up and she actually has to be somewhat responsible for herself, she isn't going to like it very much. The fantasy will start to turn into reality. It will not be a pretty picture over there.

But your life...well your life will continue to bloom.

Best Wishes!

rubydoo #1901071 01/16/08 10:49 AM
L
LilSis Offline OP
OP Offline
L
nia:
myfooddiary.com

It's $9/mo. to sign up, but a friend of mine says it's really helped keep her accountable. You have to enter in everything you eat in a day, how much you exercise, and your weight goal, and it tracks nutrition for the day. It has a database of thousands of food items that you can plug in (i.e.; Nature Valley Granola Bar-crunchy peanut), restaurant food, or you can enter a recipe that you make and it calculates it for you. It tells you how many calories you can eat, and counts it down for you throughout the day, tells you what you are lacking nutritionally, etc.

I figured it was worth $9 just to give it a shot for a month.

As far as the 3%ers go...I agree. Even if it doesn't crash and burn, it will not be a happy life. How could it possibly?

I should be above caring, or at least above wishing to see it crash and burn, but I'll admit that I think about it every day at least once, even if it's just for a brief moment.

I'm determined to live well regardless, but I would feel vindicated somehow...

I think when I'm Done, I won't care a lick. I'll get there. Just takes time. I'm not done carrying these bags yet!

LilSis #1901072 01/16/08 10:57 AM
N
N
myfooddiary.com

Thank you LS...looks very interesting.
I just joined a gym.......but, since I am still "new" to this area, i don't have an excersize buddy who I actually feel accountable to....and I work better that way. This may help.

nia17 #1901073 01/16/08 12:28 PM
S
S
Cheap Shot Warning!

I should be above caring, or at least above wishing to see it crash and burn

Still striving for perfection?

You're human, Sis. You're not there yet because you still want to save your family. You're not Done.

Tell me more about the Head of Household option. The whole tax thing has started to weigh on me--I don't know how I'm going to handle it yet (and I'm sure the SCQ won't suggest anything).

sdguy038 #1901074 01/16/08 02:17 PM
L
LilSis Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Still striving for perfection?
Got me! HA! Someone's been working on you, too...

Actually...trying to NOT think about two sorry souls in a twisted relationship...I'd call that striving for mediocrity.

You're human, Sis. You're not there yet because you still want to save your family. You're not Done.
Sigh. No, I'm not. It's a work in progress, and will happen in its own time, won't it?

Tell me more about the Head of Household option.
I did an estimated tax interactive worksheet on the Turbo Tax website. To file as HoH, you have to pay more than 50% of the expenses of running a home, and have a qualifying child live with you most of the time, e.g.; you provide the primary residence. Refer to Pub 17 on the IRS website for the particulars.

It's not quite as generous as Married/joint, but not as costly as Married/separate. LG's probably the one to ask.

LilSis #1901075 01/16/08 03:06 PM
B
B
LIlSis - When it does crash and burn, don't be surprised if it doesn't make you feel better. To me it just emphasized what a stupid waste the whole thing was.

believer #1901076 01/16/08 04:08 PM
L
LilSis Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I always remember you saying that, believer. "Feeling better" isn't the right phrase. It's more like I see that relationship as so wrong, so evil, so twisted...that I will be relieved when/if it dies.

It's certainly not doing anyone any good while it's alive.

Especially my boys.

LilSis #1901077 01/16/08 04:45 PM
F
F
MEDC,

I live in the Coopersville area and also own company that's involved heavily in the marine business. I'd be willing to answer any questions or dig up info for you if you need it.

-Fluke

Last edited by Flukeboy; 01/16/08 04:46 PM.

Me (BS) 36 FWW 35 Married 5/25/91 DS-7 DD - Born 11/8/05 !!! PA #1 12/1996 PA #2 4/01 to 1/04 NC 1/04 There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread. - Mahatma Gandhi Don't think exposure is a good idea? Go here... From Harley Himself
Flukeboy #1901078 01/29/08 02:48 PM
L
L
To valuable to let it drop off...

And WE are missing you LilSis....

LG

L
LilSis Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey, LG.

Still out here lurking from time to time.

I totally concur with what Bugs said. I need to be away from here. It's not about WH (still not ex) or the A or RT or any of that. I've got a life to live and I am doing it. Coming here sort of keeps me mired in the ugliness. I'm turning away from it...not from the wonderful people here, but from the pain of this place.

All the could have beens, should bes, the whys, the what ifs. I'm just not there anymore, and don't want to go back there.

I've got so many wonderful things going on.

Like Bugs, I'm also getting the boys more involved with church. They are in CCD now, and last weekend I had them baptized. It was incredibly moving...for everyone, including them (which surprised me).

WH always had a problem with Catholicism, so was not agreeable to having them baptized as infants. I just went along with that...kind of one of those things that gets put off and before you know it...well, you know.

Now that I'm on my own, I can do what I want to. I still don't think that WH is all that thrilled, but what's he going to do? I don't own that problem. I KNOW I'm doing the right thing, and that's what matters.

My sister informed him of the date/time/location of the baptism out of courtesy and respect for the boys. He did show up, which was great for the boys. I didn't engage with him at all...I had too many friends and family around to give him a second thought. I invited SIL/BIL as well, who were delighted to attend and even came over to the house afterwards for the celebration. We had a houseful and it was mass chaos...and completely delightful.

Between kids and work and keeping busy with friends, life is good.

I still have plenty of moments, of course, but I know they will pass...so I just let them. I live for today, take joy in today.

As far as WH goes...it's totally in God's hands. I can truly say that now. Whatever happens will happen. I don't think about the future. I think about me, and the boys, and what we need and want and what will bring us happiness.

Thanks, all...I'll check in from time to time. You can assume that no news is good news!

LilSis #1901080 01/30/08 12:54 PM
R
R
LS,

Thanks for the update.

So good to see you doing so good!

Best Wishes!

rubydoo #1901081 01/30/08 02:53 PM
N
N
LilSis,

I rarely post, for various reasons, so you won't recognize my name, but I was the BW and went through counseling with the Harleys. I have followed your story from the beginning. Just wanted to add the following...

During the time that I was dealing with the A-tragedy, I felt as if I was healing slower, "moving on" slower, and in general not as strong as other posters were or expected me to be in my situation. I wondered if I would never fully get over the A (and the other horrible things my XH did to me). I used to pray (maybe even beg) for peace and healing.

Fast forward to today...the A ended (to my surprise) after almost two years, the D is long done, and another two years after that I met a guy and we're in a wonderful relationship, talking marriage, and he really is better than my XH in every way. Plus...just the other day I realized that I couldn't even remember the last name of the OW. Imagine that! I knew everything about her...yuk! Yet now, I've forgotten her last name. Never thought that would happen!

I realize that I've soared so far above OW and XH ...maybe on eagle's wings as the verse goes. No, I will never be the same again, and it was a more horrific time than losing my parents, but I am ok again and maybe even better in some ways.

I know you will feel that way too someday. It's ok if you take a different journey to that place than other people took. Take care and best wishes

Nev
W
W
LilSis,

It's good to hear from you. I was wondering how you were just the other day. Glad to hear you are doing alright.

Fox

B
B
Hey Sis!

Just popping by to say Hi!

Once again, we sound like we are both at the same place in our healing. Being disengaged from here a bit is helping me, too. Being totally disengaged from the WH drama is the best thing, though, isn't it?

Love that you had baptism for the boys! What a beautiful thing. Glad you had a great celebration after!

I think of you often and am glad you are going well. Check in from time to time, ok?

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
S
Dear Sis,

Happy Birthday!

40 is not so bad. Except for the aches and pains. And gray hair. What's left of it.

Anyway, have a great day with the boys!

SDG

I'm jumping the gun a bit--the day is Friday, but I don't want to forget.

Last edited by sdguy038; 02/15/08 01:41 AM.
B
B
Happy Birthday to you, Sis!!!

Remember. Forty is FABULOUS!

Hope you take the opportunity to celebrate YOU today!

Remind yourself of all of the hard fought changes and improvements you have made. Acknowledge the amazing power and strength you have!!

Look in the mirror and SEE the Goddess that you truely have become!

The day of your birth is one to be celebrated by all of us who have been blessed by your presence in this world and in our lives!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
C
C
Happy Birthday Sis!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
Happy Birthday, Sis! Have a good one!

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
Sis was having trouble logging in to the site yesterday but needed to leave--she's celebrating her birthday by taking the boys to visit her sister. She asked me to post this update for her:

I had a meeting with my attorney on Weds., just thinking that we needed to go over the final paperwork regarding the pension/retirement stuff. So we went through all of that and decided which version we preferred, and then he said, "So I need you to sign here."

It came as a shock. I thought there'd be another set of back and forth with the papers. But nope. This was it.

So I took my pen, poised it to sign...and just couldn't. It took me about ten tries, and of course I was beginning to cry...and my attorney was saying soothing things. But I had to do it. I had to sign it. That was the first time I put pen to paper regarding this divorce. WH filed on October 13, 2006. I held out until February 13, 2008. I suppose it will be final today or Monday.

It was okay, really...I had to get back to work and we had a big project we were working on, so I got immersed. Then the boys and I had errands to run in the afternoon to prepare for the trip, and yesterday was another busy day at work, with a great lunch and wonderful wishes from all my friends there. We toasted my birthday, and the 40s as the best decade, and putting the past behind us.

Maybe now is the first chance I've really had to reflect. I know the reality, finality, and deep sadness will hit...probably as we are on the road. Seven hours of highway provides a lot of time for reflection. A lot of time for tears.

Actually, it was probably a good thing it happened the way it did. I knew it was coming, and it's probably better that it came as a surprise. Like ripping off the band-aid: fast and unexpected is better than anticipating it and worrying about it.

And the boys and I have been on our own for such a long time now. We have our life; our routines. The reality and day-to-day won't change.

I had a dream last night that I ran into RT. I told her exactly what I thought of her, and fought the urge to hit her. At another point in the dream, I fought the urge to call MIL and tell her exactly what I thought of her, her husband, her son, their behavior, etc. Even in my dream, BR was talking to me...and I relented.

So here I am this morning...40 years old. My hope and prayer is that the 40s truly are the best decade of my life. I know I am looking forward to being with my sons as they grow to be men...they will be 19 and 22 when I turn 50. It will be tumultuous, I'm sure, but exciting and (hopefully) rewarding. And sad. Darn it!! Can't I be done with the sad?

This moment is really the first that I've felt sad. But the weekend with my sister will be wonderful. B is the oldest of my three sisters, and she and I are most alike personality-wise. Pragmatic, conscientious without being driven, pretty even keel (well, with the exception of my nervous breakdown, which was generally situational--this is my rationalization, anyway). She and I have always been the anti-drama sisters.

When she was here last summer and spent about five days with me, I really turned a corner. She knows how I hurt, and can comfort me and relate to me that way, but then has the knack of knowing when I'm ready to deal with the practical side. So maybe it's a God thing that the timing has worked out the way it has.

Anyway, better go or we will never get out of here.

Page 67 of 70 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 70

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 671 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation