Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1911 08/17/99 01:54 PM
N
OP Offline
N
<BR>A Blessing to Friendship<BR>Father, I ask you to bless my friend reading this right now! Lord show them a new revelation of your love and power. Holy<BR>Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment.<P>Where there is pain, give them Your peace & mercy. Where there is self-doubting, release a renewed confidence in your<BR>ability to work through them.<P>Where there is tiredness, or exhaustion, I ask you to give them understanding, patience, & strength as they learn<BR>submission to your leading.<P>Where there is spiritual stagnation, I ask you to renew them by revealing your nearness, and by drawing them into<BR>greater intimacy with you.<P>Where there is fear, reveal your love, and release to them your courage.<P>Where there is a sin blocking them, reveal it, and break it's hold over my friend's life. Bless their finances, give them<BR>greater vision, and raise up leaders, and friends to support, and encourage them.<P>Give each of them discernment to recognize the demonic forces around them, and reveal to them the power they have in you<BR>to defeat it.<P>I ask you to do these things in Jesus' name! In Christian love, Your<BR>Friend in Jesus.<P>Pass it on to those who may need it.<P>God Bless You All

E
E
Isiah -- Thank you. I will be saving this prayer.<P>God Bless

D
dj Offline
D
Thank You Isiah,<BR> <BR>We all need A boost occasionally, and yours came at a good time for me.<P>God Bless You !!<p>[This message has been edited by dj (edited August 17, 1999).]

L
L
How beautiful. I've printed it out too. Thank you so much.<P>Lori

Y
Y
Isiah,<P>Thank you so much for this. It is definetely one of those to print off and hold onto in our time of need. <P>Thank you for taking the time post it and I pray the same for you. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>T2W

N
OP Offline
N
Here is another that seems to fit w/ friends and marriage<P>The Fence<P>There once was a little boy who had a bad<BR>temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control<BR>his anger, the number of nails hammered daily<BR>gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.. Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to<BR>hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led<BR>him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a<BR>scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they<BR>always want to open their hearts to us.<BR>

Y
Y
Isiah, Thank you for the blessing. I ask everone in this foram to forgive me if my postings have sounded whacked out at all. I have been whacked out. After 6 and 1/2 years of the worst nightmare roller coaster ride of my life, I don't know if I am coming or going. I think I need to shut up and listen. Especially to listen to my Father and trust him. Our Pastor called last night and I unloaded, I was not going to do this because I felt like I was telling on my spouse. Our Pastor told me that was what he was there for. He asked me to tell my H, who is on the way home, to call him. It's in God's hands now. I think this is good, I can't carry the load by myself anymore. God Bless all of you. My love to you all! Ginn

N
OP Offline
N
Ginn, I know things may seem really really tough right now, nothing you feel or say is whacked, this place is great for venting and letting it out - I believe most people here will understand, in fact I know they will, because I know I have vented, myself. Come here and vent all you like its good to let it out. Stay strong and believe in yourself.<P>I have been through the valley of weeping, The valley of sorrow and pain; But the <BR>"God of all comfort" was with me, At hand to uphold and sustain.<P>God Bless

Y
Y
Isiah, Your words are comforting and I do know the comforter is with me. I served the Lord for 22yrs. I was a single mom and though times were rough, I was happy and grew in him. For the last 6 1/2 yrs. I have felt like I am in hell. The only way I have made it through is by calling on the Lord. I am now looking at myself, wondering why I would get into a marriage that from the beginning, the day we were married I knew God was putting a check in my spirit about this man. Now I feel stuck! My Pastor prayed for me that God would provide a way of escape for me. Don't think he nessacerly ment from the marriage but from the bondage I'm in. He also prayed that if it took the pigpen for my H let it be. All I know is that things cannot remain the same. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that light is Jesus. I'm trying very hard to keep my hand in his and not let the storm around me effect me. It is hard. The Devil will not win. Jesus has already won! I pray I am an overcomer. He hide's my soul in the cleft of the rock, I just hope I can stay in the cleft and not let myself be pulled out. Please pray for me I have staying strength and that I learn what it is God is trying to teach me through this. Love Ginn

N
OP Offline
N
Ginn, I would like to recommend Oswald Chambers book, "My Utmost for His Highest" it is a daily devotional that speaks volumes in life. Or visit his website. I'm am glad to hear your testament to your belief in Jesus-He is the answer and he has and will always be.<P>God Bless

N
OP Offline
N
Bringing it to the top

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation