Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I asked for you Chris, because if I recall...last spring you went into a weekend psychiatric hospital, and you are military. My H wants to do this, but doesn't want it showing up in his permanent record. Do you have any commetn on this? He has also stopped taking his anti-deps, oh about 2 weeks ago, which makes his leaving the house same as usual. I can't BELIEVE he stopped taking them again. The same thing has led to our last 3 separations. He can't stand me or the kids (much) when he stops. And depression was the reason (he wasn't talking about the OW) the other times he left.<P>Anyway, talk to me about the permanent record. If you don't want it on the list:<P>Amelia109@aol.com<P>Thanks<BR><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P><BR>

B
B
Lor,<P>Many years ago (about 12), my ex-H (now retired USAF) was having a bunch of problems (childhood issues, a roaming wife [me], and a bunch of other crap). He was seeing a counselor (private, we paid) at the time. He had a reaction to seeing a photo of a family member who committed suicide and went off the deep end.<P>When I called his counselor, her first suggestion was not to call the police (mandatory 3 day observation) as long as I didn't feel in danger (and I didn't) and she arranged a voluntary committment in the local psyche ward (he could leave at any time).<P>I drove him down there (seems odd to think about it now; but he had me bind his hands [and all I could think to use were pantyhose]) and he checked himself in. This too we paid for.<P>It never went on any of his military records (nor did his counseling) but he was always in fear that someone would find out. He never felt he could get a Top Secret clearance because of this. (He was/is a very straight arrow; if they had asked him about it, he would have admitted it).<P>Don't know if this helps, but this was my (our) experience.<P><P>------------------<BR>RobinAnn<P>*********<P>Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!

L
OP Offline
L
Back to top. Chris?

C
C
Twasn't me who went into the weekend ward. If he goes to psychiatric care throught the military hospital, it will show up in his records. If he goes privately, it shouldn't. It <I>shouldn't</I> be a problem for him though, unless he is in a high security job and even then it may not. I have a secret clearance and it does not affect me at all.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html</A>

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the info, Chris, sorry I misremembed, no offense meant. It isn't as if I THINK you've needed the psych ward [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I just know you've tried many things to take care of yourself.<P>all my best,<BR>Lor

P
P
As Chris said, it shouldn't get into his record provided he goes off base. However, if he doesn't already have a top secret clearance, it may crop up because of the investigation that is performed for the security clearance. Even then I think it depends on the type of top secret clearance you have. My background check was extensive because I was a missile launch officer.<P>------------------<BR>God Bless,<BR>Rob<P><BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation