Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
ashes, i just clicked on my blog link here, clicked on photo journey on the blog and my pix were showing up fine. i am confused.....

also, did you see the dates i shot out a few posts above? do any of those work for you? i am trying to get others to chime in here too. sounds like we would meet maybe around 11 at an applebees or something and just spend the day together and all meet, then head home. unless someone is driving really far and needs a room. it is only about 2.5 hours for me so i would not need to spend the night.

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

A
A
sep 22 might work better for me than the 15th but i'm sure i can make it either way. the plan sounds good, i'm down with whatever. there's a fun amusement park in lake george (six flags great escape) but it'd be pricey not to mention tiring for those who have to drive a while.

freewebs is looking for your pics in the below location:
http://thumbp2.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid...48&fid=Sent

since you are logged into your yahoo account, i have a feeling they are displaying fine for you only. if you were to signout of yahoo and then view your blog, i believe you'd see a red X or something for each pic. instead of copying and pasting, you'll want to save the pictures on your computer by right clicking and doing "save picture as". then look for like an insert image or insert picture link in freewebs. look for an insert image or picture button or link. if you get really stuck, i can sign up for a freewebs account and help you figure it out.

M
OP Offline
M
ok, i think i finally have this blog picture thing down. so, anyone who has been looking at it, go to the "down the scales" title and the pix of my journey so far should be there. SHOULD! what a pain.

so we have a taker for sept 22, anyone else for that day? newly, AB, anyone???

I may post this get together on the other boards as well to see if we get any takers.

mlhb

M
OP Offline
M
had women's bible study today. what an awesome group. i am the youngest one there of course LOL

did get an invite from one church couple to stay with them in florida and sing! woohoo. i will have to get their information so we can set it up as i know they go back to florida gosh in about 3 weeks....i am hoping for more doors to open there.

called the vet today on putting the dog down. it was all i could do not to cry when she asked if we wanted to be there when it was done. oh lord no, i can't be. i look at the poor dog who can barely walk now with this back end so bad and just feel such pity for him. it will cost around 140.00 to do it so i will need to make the appt soon. this is so much harder than i ever dreamed it would be. i will have to do it when my kids are with their father. they asked me to do it that way so they did not have to be here when i took him to the vet. i still wish my ex would take him for me since it is his dog but i doubt he will offer me that comfort.

sigh

later all!
mlhb

A
A
I think I might be able to do that day ( 22nd). I just need to know way ahead of time in case I'm on-call.

A
A
Ooops, didn't see this post.

It's in Narragannsett,RI. But it's not mine. It's the
in-laws....otherwise we would be down there for sure!

M
OP Offline
M
ok, so 2 takers plus me for the 22nd...

anyone else?

glad you are back safe AB! hope you had a good time.

mlhb

mlhbisme #1926399 08/15/07 08:40 AM
M
OP Offline
M
i would say we are looking at the 22nd for our get together. i will start looking at meeting places, ie, restaraunts and finalizing a time....

working, gotta go ahhhh!

mlhb

M
OP Offline
M
well, i took my health test today (one of my college classes) and got an 81 on it. not too bad since i did NOT study at all for it LOL

now i am doing american history YAWN... i love history but not american history. don't know why, just not a huge fan of it.

i have a job interview tomorrow with a company i used to work for. pay is good, would be so nice to not have to live so tightly anymore. i think my chances are pretty darn good. and once i finish my degree there are huge advancement opportunities. so, i can still finish my degree while i am working. i will still keep my business as well but just do "by appointment only". and of course my kids and my music, etc... not much time to breathe in there now is there? lol guess i will have to learn how to live on less sleep.

poor poor doggie of mine. i am planning on having him put down in the next week or two. at this point i just want it over with. he gets worse by the day. keep us in your prayers about that. my kids are taking it hard.

so i have decided not to date for awhile. i need time to heal. i have no desire or interest. the thought seems very overwhelming right now. and my therapist would agree with me! just my quick side note. enuff said on that.

where are some of our old timers lately? sturgi, duk, jp, karona.... where the heck are you guys? it is not a party without you ya know!

oh, and i have been invited to a wedding... SUCKERS! lol
i plan to go, they are nice people i have known for a long time....

mlhb

M
OP Offline
M
the weeks are just flying by. school will start here again soon, i cannot believe it!

well, i had my job interview yesterday. i am high up on the list of candidates they want for the job... however, as we interviewed the lady was like "not that i don't want you to work for me, but there is another opening that may be more fitting with the education you have thus far and what you are finishing up". it is a job in case managment and i just happen to know the woman who's job it is! that job would be much better for me hours wise. m-f with weekends and holidays off. i am praying big time i get an interview for that job! i would take it in a minute.

meanwhile, the job i am interviewing for is not horrible or anything, but the hours can be irradic and i would have to wear a beeper and be on call one week out of every month. it would require some weekend and night work which i am not too crazy about. the money is good but not if it takes all my time away from my kids. i have been asked to return for a second interview and we shall see what happens. if i decide against it i would just keep doing my substitute teaching and my business.

if you pray, please pray for the case manager job for me, as that would be much better. otherwise, i think i may have to pass on the other job simply because of the hours away from home it will cause me. that makes me really really nervous.

business is going really well and i am looking forward to our mb get together! woo hoo!

happy saturday everyone
mlhb

M
OP Offline
M
i just posted a couple of good aritcles on my blog site under the 'relationships' topic for anyone interested. one was on opposite sex friends and one was on ldrs.

i know those topics have been showing up here lately, so maybe you will find them helpful.

good nite

mlhb

M
OP Offline
M
hey all! i added some new pix to my blog site.
haven't posted much here because it is like typing twice LOL
you can catch up with me on there, just click the link in my sig line.

briefly... all is pretty well. work is busy which means business is good. working on my college classes. just trying to stay busy and out of trouble. and... looking forward to our new england mb get together :-) woo hoo!

hey, are any mods from the new england area? you are invited too ya know!

mlhb

M
OP Offline
M
it's wednesday.. what more can i say? haven't posted much as i post most of it on my blog...

just saying hi to everyone! and sept 22 is still our mb get together unless i hear otherwise from you guys.

mlhb

N
N
MLHB
Hello, I'm logging off for a while to visit the Great Wall. I'm still planning on the 22nd (which may become a problem if I need to stay overnight on the 21st in Toronto for business). Catch you in September.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
M
OP Offline
M
ok! have fun!

mlhb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 418 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation