Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1979270 11/28/07 05:05 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I think I made a major mistake implementing plan A, and then made it worse yesterday. When I told my WS (Who is thinking of leaving) that she needed to make that decision on her own but that there were boundaries that she would need to respect for use to work it out (NC with OM fir life, 100% commitment, no suggestions of open relationships or swinging) I gave her a deadline date of next weekend (Mistake # 1) I also told her that it was probably best that I stop paying so much attention to her by stopping the touching and kissing (I discovered that her EMs are affection, admiration and conversation). (Mistake #2). Yesterday, after thinking about what a mess I created, I decided to tell her that I was wrong in setting a deadline (It's only been three weeks since she told me it got physical), and asked her if the extra attention made her more confused. She told me that the removing of the deadline was confusing but the attention did not hurt my cause in any way.(Mistake #3) I had let my emotions get the best of me that first night, but now think that I may have made things worse by leaving her the impression that I am either weak, or completely insane.

Any advice?

FBH 44
FWW 41
DD 16
DD 11
T
T
TMTS,
sounds an awful lot like myself. Spending too much time second guessing and over analyzing my words and actions.
I think the biggest universal mistake I've made is in sharing too much information with WW about what I'm doing in trying to save our marriage. It's easy to justify being completely honest with her to lead by example, but you may give too much insight and hurt your cause long term by doing this. It's easy to prevent though.
You can tell her that you're committed to saving the marriage without revealing too much about your methodology or strategy.
The bottom line is that you will err from time to time. Don't be too hard on yourself. You're going thru an emotional S-Storm right now.
You're not alone. There are many here who can coach and help you.
Take the time to pause prior to speaking when you converse with your wife. Count to 3 if you need to each time. You'll be able to think more about your response, and perhaps avoid saying too much (as I always seem to do), and you will be improving the conversation EN that needs attention at the same time.
Hope that helps some.
I'm sorry for your pain.
Hang in there. As someone told me, "It's not over until you stop trying."

BH(me): 40ish
FWW:(ILMH) 28yo
DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

??? Spring '07 - Adultery Begins
8/25/07 - 1st D-day (week of our anniv.)
8/07 thru 5/08 - About a dozen D-days/Gaslighting/Flaunting/Fake Recoveries

She finally quit on...

1/1/08 - First real NC attempt(Maybe?)
3/1/08 - Told me OM is an A**hole.(Hope?)
5/3/08 - D-day (Admitted to PA once)
5/4/08 - Latest D-day(Finally confessed to multiple EA/PA in our home)
5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

M
mvg Offline
M
TMTS, start over on Plan A. We all make mistakes when 1st starting out. Learn from them and move forward. Trytohard gives you some good advice.

If you haven't read on plan A. There are some very good threads on what plan A is and isn't and how to implement.

Remember, this is hard on your WW, BUT it is also VERY hard on YOU too give yourself a break. You are trying and learning.

Ask questions if you have them on how to do a Plan A. Plenty of experienced MBers will respond.

EA4-7/07,Dday7/29,NC 7/30/07
ME 47 WH 48
Married 30 yrs.
2 DD,4 GC
Found out
Learning
T
OP Offline
T
I am starting to beleive that what I deem as mistake #3 may not have been so bad. In the last couple of days she does seem more responsive to the attention to her EMs and the tension has subsided some. We actualy laughs together again last night which is something that we used to do all the time, but had gone away in the last couple of years. I know there is still a long way to go and that the fog in her head can rear it's ugly head at any time, but at this point I will take it as it comes.

FBH 44
FWW 41
DD 16
DD 11
M
mvg Offline
M
TMTS keep us updated. I'm glad at least a little tension was relieved with the laughter.

EA4-7/07,Dday7/29,NC 7/30/07
ME 47 WH 48
Married 30 yrs.
2 DD,4 GC
Found out
Learning

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation