Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I had just got my pilot's license back after passing my medical.

YAY!!

I went to fly my airplane which had an annual inspection the month before. They test EVERYTHING.

It felt good to stretch my wings and take to the sky with my feathered bretheren.

I took off from Dahlonega, it was cold, the plane lept off the ground in the thick, cold air.

I got over the town and could see the golden spike of the museum, climbing, climbing.

I leveled out around 3000agl and seattled in for what I thought was going to be a relaxing return to my favorite past time.

I reached down and swapped the fuel lever from the right tank to the left tank and within seconds the cabin went silent, except for the clicking of the magneto boosters trying to re-ignite the fuel mixture.

I thought, oh great there was water in the tanks, but I had checked the gascolators and fuel was blue.

I hit the fuel booster switch and stabbed the throttle and it caughed once and still there was the silent clickety click of the mags as the propeller was now a windmill.

The VSI was now pointing down and the altimeter was running anti-clockwise.

I reached back down and changed the tank switch back to the left tank and almost immediately the engine came to life.

I pressed the throttle to the firewall and took her back to the airport. Landed extremely hot and came in high. Just in case.

During my inspection of the fuel tanks, they were perfect, no water and no blockages.

I opened the valve on the gascollator and let the left tank flow freely and turned the valve to the right. The flow stopped.

What the?

I turned the valve to the off position and the flow started again.

The valve handle had been removed and placed back on 30 degrees out so the fuel would stop flowing when the tanks were switched.

My twin brother mentioned that the last time he used the plane, someone had siphoned all the fuel out of the left tank and he had to fill it back up.

Someone with knowledge of how aircraft work only know to rearrange the fuel valve or take the fuel.

I have a sick feeling about this.

First my old colt revolver mysteriously becomes damaged enough to almost kill me and now my plane has been tampered with.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
F
F
File a police report and be very careful. The police won't do anything, but it establishes a record in case any future "accidents" happen.

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I have my now x-wife on tape wanting me dead for my insurance.

I brought it up to the attorneys and they summed it up to "heat of the moment" stupid comments.

I thought the aircraft inspector had put the fuel selector handle back on wrong, but he was waaaaaay too meticulous and I had flown it the day he finished wit zero problems.

I
I
CONGRATS - on getting your license back - I bet it feels really, really good to do what makes you so happy and independant again !!!!

If you don't have/use one - BUY A PARACHUET !!!! I know it's not practical or what operators of small aircraft typically do, but your safety and life are # 1 !!!

I never wear a helmet when I'm riding my horse (whose Mr. Sane) but if I get on someone else's I put it on, just in case.

When I go out alone, I park my car under lights or as close to the restaurants door as I can. When I'm home alone my security system is on, I "try" to keep my car doors locked all the time.

I worried and still at times worry, that one of WH's bimbo's or their BF, husbands, are going to attack me, do something to my car, hurt one of my pets, break into my home, etc. etc. With me out of the picture he would be free to be with them. Or their bf/husband is out to get my WH but hurts me by mistake. You hear of these crazy scenerio's all the time.

I did have one of WH's gf son throw a rock thru my window, thank God, I wasn't sitting at the computer or I would have had that rock hit me straight in the head.

Be careful, very careful....hugs

R
R
change your beneficiary on all insurances and anything else that had her name on it immediately

I
I
change your beneficiary on all insurances and anything else that had her name on it immediately

... AND inform her. Preventing her from getting what she might be after is a small victory if you are not here because she still thinks she can get that stuff by getting rid of you.

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
As of Friday, we are now divorced and she can no longer get anything from mr.

I flew the plane again Saturday and it did just fine.

Part of my pre-flight routine now is to swap the tanks during taxi out to make sure the fan will keep turning.

W
W
Pariah,

Scary to be sure. You are well to be rid of her. Glad that you are OK. Please be careful.

Who

I am the BW,
He is the FWH
D-Day: 12/02/03

Recovered

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation