Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Please help... I finally exposed. She is PISSED, says its over, everything I expected, but i can't think straight enough to know what to say to her. PLease help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thread:
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/sho...ID=#Post3337535

G
G
Batten down your hatches.

Who did you expose to?
What did you say?
How did your wife find out?

S
OP Offline
S
Exposed to my mom. WW found out by snooping my email. Was honest with WW, did not apologize. Now she is pissed, have a firestorm waiting when I got home from work. Need ANY advice on how to not let her tear me apart emotionally

G
G
Did you tell your mom about your EA and how it might have contributed to the state of your marriage?

My concern is that if you left that out your wife is going to feel that you've were not honest and that your were shirking your own culpability.

Whatever was in the email, you need to get yourself calmed down. Do you usually have this strong a reaction to your wife's anger or is this a recent development?

M
M
Ok, first of all...CALM DOWN.

This is very normal. Most WSs spew the same stuff after exposure.

Just tell her that you are doing everythign you can to save your M; that M is made for TWO and not THREE, and the only way to get OM out of the picture is to expose this ugly fantasy to the light of day.

DO NOT LOVEBUST. Tell her you are sorry she feels that way, but you are doing everything you can to save this M.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
S
OP Offline
S
I exposed all my faults as well as hers. She says it over, we're done, don;t bother cuz there is nothing left. i don;t believe her but don;t know how to respond either.... Somewhere I saw a thread on what to say when you get the firestorm after exposure, but i can't find it....

G
G
Maybe this is the thread you were looking for?

MB thread

There seems to be several folks inputting on that one in regards to exposure fallout.

jmwc95 wrote, "Okay, a sh!tstorm is about to descend upon you and you need to know how to deal with it. Just lovingly detach and refuse to get drug into a fight. Key phrases to disarm the situation are, "I did what I thought I needed to do to save the marriage," and, "I'm sorry you feel that way." Do not apologize for your actions and walk away from any venom spewfest. "

G
G
SG, just checking it to see how you are.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 325 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation