Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I hit teenaged girl who just had gotten her license and her sister was the passenger.

She blew a stopsign on the 4 lane I was on and I never saw her.

I hit her square in the passenger doors and knockwd her around into another car.

The last I saw of the passenger, she was unresponsive and being taken away in an ambulance. Her father got to the scene and it was all the police could do to keep him off of me.

The driver got tickets for disregarding a stopsign and failure to yield.

I don't care about my injuries and I feel terrible for the injured passenger it wasn't my fault and it wasn't her fault.

It's her sister's for blowing the stop sign at rush hour.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
G
G
Man
That sucks pariah. Sorry to hear this. Hope everyone is ok. I just got in a HUGE one about 3 months ago. You will walk around in a daze for a while. It will slowly go away.

I'm glad you are ok. Sounds like theres nothing you could have done.

C
C
That's why my D17's not allowed to ride in a car with a teenage driver, and why I taught her that, when she sees a teenage driver, to back away and keep a safe distance.

Sorry about your accident. Are you ok?

T
T
How horrible! Are you alright? What a shame for that young driver and her sister.

A
A
Ugh Pariah!! I'm so sorry!!! How are you feeling? What are your injuries? I also hope both sisters are going to be alright. Please keep us posted.

You and the girls are in my prayers. This is one reason I am not encouraging my 17S to get his license. He's not mature enough for the HUGE responsibility of driving a vehicle.

Feel free to email me if you'd like.

Ronda

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
i don't understand why their father was coming after you... didn't the police tell them that his daughter blew a stop sign and that there was nothing you could do to avoid the accident?

FBH, 39
Now a primary custody dad
New life began June 2008
N
N
May God bless you and the family. I'm sure you are concerned for them, and can understand how a father could lash out, without comprehending the full situation.

Uggh. Certainly not what you needed was it.
I'm having a bad week too, and it feels like a wreck.
Give us an update on the girl if you can, because it will likely make the papers.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
R
R
I am sorry that happened to you.
Will say a prayer for you, the girls and their father.
Take care.

I do not blame the xwh for his affairs and abandoning our marriage. He fulfills 90% of the Cleckley Criteria

I forgive him for his insanity and I forgive myself for being gullible to his charms.
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Well, they have retained an attorney and are not cooperating with the insurance company.

It's clearly her fault and she is claiming she didn't see me when she looked me dead in the eyes before she floored it.

A
A
ahhh my heart is with you as are my prayers!!

Take care!!
Ronda

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
S
S
Was it a four way stop, or were you on a highway that she entered? If she was entering a highway and you did not have a stop as well, then she is clearly at fault.

I feel badly for you - it must be hard thinking that you may have hurt someone and then, wow how scary and angering is it to think they'll try to sue you?

Sunny

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I was on a road with two lanes and a center turning lane about 1/4 mile from a stop light.

She was in a shopping complex and had a stop sign at her exit.

She came to the stopsign, tapped her brakes and floored it.

I was going toward the light and she tried to cross from one shopping complex to the other and I caught her in the passenger side doors, we both spun 90 degrees and her driver's side doors struck a minivan at the other stop sign square in the front.

The accident report says I have no contributing factors to the accident and she had failure to yield to her contributing factors.

I looked up her address and it seems they are afraid I'm gonna sue them. They have a HUGE house on about 40 acres with a pool and a multi car garage.

N
N
I hope you took pictures. Camera cell phones are a great resource in times like that.
I'm sure there were other witnesses too (like the van driver).
There's probably nothing you can do now. Just let your insurance company handle it.

There's no point in worrying.
You never said if you were hurt. Even without visible physical injuries, a wreck that did that much damage to the car probably caused you muscle strain. I had whiplash and never before that knew how horrible it felt, and long lasting.

You mentioned what a big house they have. I'm always surprised at how quickly I can find things on the internet. I use www.zabasearch.com to look up addresses and ages. And zillow.com is my favorite to look at homes, and their values. In some areas, you can even get a 360 degree view of someone's home, as well as a current market estimate.

Last edited by newly; 04/16/08 01:01 PM.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I took pix with my cell phone.

They totaled my truck today and are going to make me an offer tomorrow.

I told the adjuster anything other than top retail dollar for it will be wasting both of our time as I paid top dollar for it less than 6 months ago.

These smaller trucks are appreciating in value daily.

The other party is still avoiding speaking with the insurance company, and probably going to let the attorney do it.

As for injuries, yeah I'm really sore, but my gunshot wound is screaming.

The doctor gave me oxycontin for the pain and it does stop it, but it totally incapacitates me.

I feel I am going to need an attorney and I'm most certainly not going to use my divorce attorney. He is as useless as a fish with a bicycle.

K
K
Hope you are feeling better! Have you heard how the passenger from the other car is doing?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation