Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 100 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 99 100
C
C
Greetings, all you feminine friends.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I actually have a smidge of signal out in the wilds of North Dakota.

AJ got his brother a T-shirt that says "Hick My Truck". It is a picture of a very rustic semi, an outhouse behind the sleeper, a dented front bumper swiped from some freeway guard rail, and a deer strapped to the hood.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Lovely Day

Swiped from another thread because we could all use a Lovely Day!

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!

I finally managed to sneak online on my BIL's computer, for just a second. It has been a very busy visit. We had the 3 kids for church and the afternoon, then yesterday I worked on the farm.

I am probably the only farm hand I know that goes to work with baby wipes and Oil of Olay lotion. grin

Rella, I haven't had a chance to look at a map yet, but we might be in your area later this week. I'll let you know once we have our route planned, and whether it will be in the middle of the night. shocked

Well must dash and get ready to go, we have much to do yet today, but no farm work anyway.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Well, let me know if you'll be in the neighborhood.

N
N
Mom,

If you see this, will you please bring me over a tub of butter and my phone? It is still at your house.

Thanks,
Neaksis

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I'm sure she's home. Just call her and ask.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
May I ask, is this thread only for off topics, or can we discuss MB?

S
S
Originally Posted by aprilshowers
May I ask, is this thread only for off topics, or can we discuss MB?

LOL......... good one Aprilshowers.

It's not my thread, but we have been known to discuss Marriage building on this thread.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
T
T
This thread is like going to a buffet. Pick and choose. As many refills as you want. Nibble or devour. But no charge. grin

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
This is truly a multipurpose thread. Feel free to bring up any subject you like.

SS - lol about 'we have been known to do some MB'ing from time to time'. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
Originally Posted by Neak
I'm sure she's home. Just call her and ask.

Yes, call her on your cell phone.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
Neak, where in the world are you today?

Hi T&L !!
How's the foot?
Or, are you officially a retired nurse, and a part time tractor driver these days? grin

Hi Neaksis !!
How does your garden grow?

Cinderella....... I was thinking about you on Mothers day during our church service. About you, and CC, and Neaksis. It's tough being a mother when there are two doing the parenting..... but you gals do it all. I thought about the decisions you have to make.... often with economic consequences for you, in order to help your children. None of you talk about that much, but it's always there. ........... SS thinks some more.
I can't go back, and relate all the thought that came to me, but I can say thanks. This applies to all of you.
Thanks for making the world a better place by teaching your children the difference between right and wrong.

Thanks for doing the hard work it takes to make them citizens of the world so that they can contribute to the greater good.

Thanks for making the sacrifices it requires, and not giving up.

Thanks for being willing to help others as you go along, despite the constant demands on your time by your family. I was thinking about Cinderella's walks, but I know the rest of you could be, and should be recognized too.

I don't know all the good that all of you do, but God does, and I pray he will give to you the best possible outcome when you have troubles.

CC, have you got your new boss trained yet? Training new bosses can be so difficult.

Hi AJ !! I was thinking about truck drivers the other day. When I first got my drivers license, there were not nearly as many trucks on the road, and the drivers seemed to be more polite. We called them the "Knights of the road." I drove home from the cold and frozen north one dark and snowy day, and we had a CB in the car. We fell in behind one truck - whose driver started to talk to us. He told us when the road was getting slick, and he gave us pointers about driving in snow. He was a very nice man. He said more than once "you just follow me, and you'll be just fine." I imagine you cast in that mold - a Knight of the road, watching out for people as you go along.
I pray for your children, I know they wish you were home more often. Thanks for the things you post from time to time. The information is very valuable.

We are getting peas from our garden now. The edible pod kind.
Home made Chinese food has never been so good.

SS

M
M
SS...you just quit bragging about eating peas!!
I just planted mine last tuesday and they have been snowed on and rained on almost everyday since!! (Not a bad thing really, just pointing out the dramatic climate difference).

We are having such a sloooooow spring we may never get anything planted! I still have the heat going in the greenhouse for the tomatoes (with water walls on them too!) and I'm afraid to plant the rest of the greenhouse yet. Outside stuff, well it may not be till July...

....off to water the peas....and wonder when oh when I can finish planting....hmmmpppphhhh.

S
S
I know M&L, I know. I lived in Alberta for a few years.

We have a friend in Idaho. He asked if we would come to visit him this summer.

I said "sure, just tell me which day summer will be this year, so I can plan."

He told me it's not THAT bad.

I think we'll be in Yellowstone, and in Cody this summer. How far away are you? Should we come by and see you?

SS

M
M
SS, Idaho is the banana belt! We still have snow all around. Most of the flats are melted off but if there is a little contour to the ground and it is shady (north side), there is still a snow drift. The mountains are still very full of snow. I'll bet we will still be able to see snow into July on the peaks. It's been a long time since that happened.

We are about 5 hours from Cody (I had to look it up on mapquest). We went to Yellowstone a year and a half ago. I went more as a kid living in California than I have since I've lived in Wyoming (25+ years). I live on the western side, where it is beautiful and soon to be green. (The leaves haven't even come out yet!!)

Oh, and about which day will be summer here.....
I think it was that one last week when it got clear up to 65!! Then it snowed. I think we missed summer this year and it is back to fall.

Last edited by marriedandlonely*; 05/13/08 04:32 PM.
S
S
I really do have a friend in Idaho. We'll be staying with him on the way north. (We live near Las Vegas NV.) He has access to horses, and we may do an over night ride into the mountains.

We are going to Cody to see the Museums. Another friend told me the Fire Arms museum is one of the best in the world, but my W and daughter want to see the Western Americana Art museum in the same complex. All of us are interested in the Plains Indian museum. We are not sure where we will go from there. There is a good chance we will end up in Rawlins, and go west on 80 back towards home.

Yes, I remember the cold and snowy north. When I lived in Whitecourt Alberta it snowed on July 17th. Not much chance of that where I live now.

SS

PS -
It does snow here in the mountains in the summer, but I live at low altitude.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi SS cool

I am in Iowa, just recently having finished my shift and eaten (got up at 4am *shudder*), and we are headed on a collision course with that bad storm that has tornado warnings just south of Kansas City. We were going to go through KC tonight, but if it looks bad we'll just stop. We had hoped to unload, and maybe even reload, a day early but won't take any chances.

AJ says hi, and thank you very much regarding his posts. He was also tickled by the whole knight of the road thing. Since he is driving and can't read over my shoulder, I will say that he sometimes gets very cranky with the naughty little cars that cut him off, or pass him, get in front of him, then slam on their brakes, and other such tricks. But he is also very gentlemanly, and I have seen him go to considerable trouble to help others, even the drivers who have little vehicles.

I'm trying to finish getting the pix of a house we looked at finished to be posted. If we did get it, it would be more to have an outpost to find a more permanent location without having to fly in from CA every time we wanted to see something. And $7200 or less is hard to beat. Neaksis would have SO MUCH FUN helping me fix up the decorating, and also the little MIL cottage that would be included. Also, the empty lot behind it would be available for an additional $1200.

It is a goodly land, flowing with wheat and lentils.

...but there are giants...

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
I've been to Cody and to Yellowstone. Almost 6 years ago. My last whole week off from work - that was actually 2 weeks.

SS - thank you for always encouraging me.

This month, I'm feeling overwhelmed. I have so much to do but just no energy. When I have it, I spend it having fun. Just not getting things done. And it bothers me.

My chickadees are turning out ok. Apparently, tonight, they had an unfortunate evening with their ISTJ father. (Myers Briggs personality type.) My son even told me, "I can see now why you weren't happy married to him." I did inform him that I loved his dad and did everything I could but he said I wasn't punctual enough and I didn't keep the house neat enough. (So, son knows his dad is a doofus.)

I shall not rant farther. Nope, not me....not one bit farther. Further. More. Whatever.

T
T

Page 14 of 100 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 272 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation