Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
mlhbisme #2047658 04/25/08 05:47 PM
M
OP Offline
M
well, we go on May 29 to finalize everything with the house.

i got some OUTSTANDING news today from my attorney.
all this time i thought i would have to split the profits of the sale with my ex. but.... I DON'T! WOOHOO!

since we already had everything settled in our agreement and he had walked away from the house and only asked to get his name off of the deed, the house is mine. i am getting his name off of it by selling it.

oh thank you god!

now, with any profit i make i think i could pay off all of my debts and start with a clean slate. would an answered prayer that would be!

please pray for a buyer and a good profit for me!

and a house to rent when we sell....

grin grin

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

mlhbisme #2047668 04/25/08 06:11 PM
C
C
That really is great news! I agree about renting. I long for a time when I have no responsibilities. Just to be able to focus on yourself, huh? Good luck!

catperson #2047675 04/25/08 06:34 PM
M
OP Offline
M
it is great news.

thank you!

mlhb

mlhbisme #2048185 04/27/08 07:35 AM
M
OP Offline
M
well,

i am getting the house cleaned and ready to start showing next week. got the garage done yesterday. the sign will go on the lawn tomorrow.

it is strange selling a house... especially when you DON'T know where you will live! i am just playing it by ear. i look in this town and the next town every day to see what is available.
i'd love to move back to my hometown but that would require me finding a different job and i do like my job. so... not sure that can happen.

anyway, i will keep everyone updated.

mlhb

mlhbisme #2048216 04/27/08 09:05 AM
M
OP Offline
M
kids are so smart aren't they?
my son said the other day that he saw "some guy riding with ow the other day" did not know who he was or if maybe they were carpooling to work but said he was sure his dad wouldn't like it. (his dad is out of town for 6 weeks for training) **snickers**

then my dd says "gee, i wonder if she is trying to wreck another family"

out of the mouths of babes.

mlhbisme #2048604 04/28/08 10:07 AM
L
L
Be careful with any rental you get into.

There have been so many news stories about families who rent homes that are in the foreclosure process (the landlords are just trying to profit while they are losing the house....not making the payments, and pocketing the rent...) Then suddenly the renters are uprooted and evicted.

Just be cautious...

Interesting update on OW.....some patterns never change.....

Lexxxy #2048898 04/28/08 05:02 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you Lexxy...

You are absolutely right and I have thought about that..
I am just keeping it in prayer and praying that God provide a place for us.

Yes, waywards.. what a bunch of losers.

blech!

mlhb

mlhbisme #2053877 05/07/08 05:28 PM
M
OP Offline
M
well, here is an update..

my house is in contract to be sold and i have found a really cute house to rent in the next town over where my family lives. we will be moving at the end of my children's school year.

i am really looking forward to a fresh start in a new town where hopefully i won't have to run into any women my ex has had an affair with! (at least i don't think he had any with women from there).. it will be nice to be down the road from my parents as well.

i honestly cannot wait.

mlhb

mlhbisme #2054344 05/08/08 01:07 PM
L
L
Congrats!

Do the kids have to change schools? Are they excited about the move?

Having your parents around for more support will be wonderful!
I'm close to mine, and I love it!

Lexxxy #2054354 05/08/08 01:35 PM
M
OP Offline
M
yes, they will have to change schools.
BUT, they know some of the kids already because i was director of one of the school's after school programs last year. so they met some kids then. i plan to hook them up with those kids over the summer. i also work with someone whose daughter will be in their class so we will hook up as well. plus, they are going to go to the summer program the school offers (for child care) so they can meet kids their too.

my one set of parents will just be down the road. and it is a nice neighborhood. the house i am renting is a LOT smaller than our house now but we will adjust. i did not want to pay a fortune for something that is not mine and also leave me living paycheck to paycheck. we can still live comfortably in this house and have money to spare.

kids are excited and nervous. i personally cannot wait.

mlhb

mlhbisme #2054765 05/09/08 10:28 AM
D
D
Hey Blondie!

Hopefully your parents have warned the neighbors about the "human tornado" about to move into the area. What used to be a nice quiet peaceful neighborhood is about to get a big shakeup!

I am glad to hear you are doing so well and that things are working out for you. New surroundings usually do produce a new outlook on life in general.

duk

Dukhuntr

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that opened for us" - Helen Keller
dukhuntr #2054769 05/09/08 10:33 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Duk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you just sneak in here from time to time now don't you???

how the heck are you? updates, I MUST HAVE UPDATES!

yes, this new town better watchout for the blonde one, they will not know what is hitting them ;-)

mlhb

mlhbisme #2056175 05/12/08 10:31 AM
D
D
Hey M!

Lots to tell and not enought time to go into details. My computer at home is still all jacked up and I haven't had time to get it fixed up and running again. Been busy with changes at work and with a now former girlfriend.

I met a really nice, down to earth woman that I really cared for and enjoyed being with. The last 8 months have been a real learning experience for me about both myself and about relationships. It either went too well or all wrong depending on who you listen to. From my side it went all wrong. We dated about twice or three times a week for a few hours at a time. She has a 15yr old that comes first for her and I admired and respected that about her. We skiied and took day trips with her son and just had a lot of fun.

The all wrong started when she decided she needed a "serious" comitment from me. She wanted more than I was willing to give at that point in the relationship and when I tried to explain I wasn't there yet with her things deteriorated quickly.

For me it just seemed like I was the only one doing any giving in the relationship to that point. I had built a friendship with her son, helped her with her yard and house and just put a lot of effort into getting to know her and her son. She on the other hand could barely recognize my kids still and for the most part shied away from anything that involved my family and friends.

Other than that all is good. Pulled off Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary party in grand style and almost have my daughters wedding paid for also. We go to Cabo in June for the wedding!

Gotta get to work now! You sound good so enjoy the move and help the girls by making it fun for them too. Give them something to take charge of and be responsible for during the move.

Talk more soon,

duk

Dukhuntr

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that opened for us" - Helen Keller
dukhuntr #2056192 05/12/08 10:39 AM
M
OP Offline
M
well, thank you for the update!

i am glad you at least took the chance of a new relationship. sorry it did not work out. i can surely relate to the "being the one doing all the giving part" and the "hardly knowing your kids part and yet you very attentive to hers" oh yes, sounds very familiar.

i wanna go to cabo! where's my &*^%(!! invitation mister!

mlhb

mlhbisme #2056209 05/12/08 11:10 AM
D
D
Although I think it would be an absolute kick to have you in Cabo with us I'm not so sure my daughter would agree. She is very nervous and concerned that a "family fued" will occur during the trip. She has already banned all "significant others" from attending. I'm glad she did that. I could still see myself going looking for the OM after eating the worm one night in the bar. Throwing in the MLHB tornado would send her over the edge I'm sure. Myself, I can't think of anyone I'd rather be with on this trip! I think you could make any trip more fun, especially one to a place like Cabo.

I have no problems with the EX and her parents and I don't think the EX has any problems with my parents either. What we are all concerned about are my daughter's Grandparents. Age seems to have taken the filter off of what they can and will do or say at any given time. Even though they have all beeen warned to respect the event as Jessica's day, you still just worry. Parents hold grudges and protect their offspring forever. My Dad and the EX's Mother are a lot alike in that they say exactly what they are thinking all the time. I will personally be trying to keep those two as far away from one another as possible!

Happy Birthday M!!!!!

duk

Dukhuntr

dukhuntr #2056217 05/12/08 11:22 AM
M
OP Offline
M
well, i hope she has a lovely day. and that no one ruins it of for her by saying something stupid.

hey, doesn't sturgis have a place in cabo? where the heck is that guy anyway? i'll have to put out a shout out to him. i have some parking tickets i'd like made to go away...

thanks for the happy b'day. the big 37. 40 is approaching... dear Lord help me!

mlhb

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (doseedo, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation