Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
pomdbd3 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
MB is being used against me, or at least she's going to try.

Granted, I have no idea if she's broken into my accounts and posted under my names, which is not beyond the realm of possibility. She broke into my email when we were married and was reading my family's opinions regarding her infidelity.

I like to write and then edit my posts. I'll talk about the plight of the Pandas around the world due to excessive verb usage and how the dark side lurks in these parts.

In all seriousness, tomorrow is a huge day. It can make or break me and funds are running out for my attorney.

It sucks.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
J
J
pom, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

FWIW I understand your edits. Pandas are in dire straits, due to lack of diversity in their diet. They have become too specialized, and their niche is being destroyed.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
P
pomdbd3 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
RMX is da man!

Last edited by pomdbd3; 05/20/08 11:02 PM. Reason: Darth What's His Name Ambulance Chaser Gollum is reading and might get upset.

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
M
M
A mother and her young daughter were driving through a bad part of town and the "Ladies of the Evening" were just hitting the street corners.

"Are those ladies waiting for their husband's?" the girl asked.

The mother was shocked and answered "I don't know, Sweetheart. Maybe."

"Do you suppose they all have children waiting for them at home?" asked the girl.

"I don't know, Honey," answered Mom, "I guess they could?"

"I want to be a nurse when I grow up so I can help people get well," said the little girl.

"That's nice," said her mother.

"What about those ladies kids, Mommy? What do you think they will do when they grow up?" asked the youngster.

"Oh, " said the woman, "They'll probably grow up and become lawyers or something..."

That one work for ya?

Mark

R
RMX Offline
R
Originally Posted by pomdbd3
I survived! It's over.

So my MB records get printed out and will be made into a matter of public record.

Well, so be it.

My attorney read one of my posts that they were making a big stink about. They were making a big stink about the fact that I might take the issue to West Virginia if I lose in Maryland.

I'm sure all posters here have never once in all the times they've posted while feeling emotional, have never once posted about something they say they will do while upset but change their minds later about it.

I'm sure we all mean everything we say word for word as if MB was a contract that "if it is written, then it shall be!"

And yes, my ex is very much keeping up with my posts and it has become quite the bit of reading material for her and her attorneys.

Yes, that's right, attorney's. There is a good cop/bad cop routine going on with the two of them. The man they've hired is the "bad cop", who charges $400 an hour.

Amazingly, she still claims she can't afford to live here where I live, but can pay $400 an hour to Gollum.

Sorry, Chrisner, I'm borrowing your term for your OM sitch, but this guy looks like Gollum.

What's funny is that he doesn't know his own rules for his own state and my attorney and the children's attorney corrected him on the amount of time he's allowed to depose me. He thought he could do it for as long as he wanted but he's limited to 7 hours.

I'm not that experienced in family law, but can tell a monster difference between my exww's lawyer and this man because he's not in the same league as her or my attorney.

When you think of the worst sterotype of attorney's, this is the guy that comes to mind. That's him.

All the lawyer jokes you hear? This guy.

My ex's real attorney, on the other hand, appears to have a rational head on her shoulders. She showed more compassion and understanding and empathy to me today in this deposition after it was over, than my exww has in 2 years. She actually acknowledged my pain indirectly and acknowledged that I've been going through a process.

She acknowledged that I'm in a healing process.

Oh, I'm sure this post will be printed out. I'm happy to spend an hour or two discussing the fact that I don't think much of her shark attorney they hired who is not in the same league as the 3 others in the room there today.

Afterall, my opinion of this guy has nothing to do with my ability to parent and I'm able to post all I want about him.

So share your lawyer jokes. They apply to this guy.

My attorney is awesome. My ex's attorney is that opponent you respect.

My kid's attorney? Don't know what to make of her but I'm confident she has the big picture and can see that I love my kids. I don't know if that will translate in a favorable opinion overall, but we shall see. All I can do is be me.

So my forum where I think out loud (in writing) is being used against me. I'm ebracing this. Perhaps I'll start posting now about how I wish to start snipe hunting regularly and will become the next crime boss of Washington DC.

Oh, never mind, I change my mind. I think I will pursue my dream of being the next Ultimate Fighter.

Oh, never mind, I think I shall take up acting. I hear there is a professional Russian Roulette club strarting up. Perhaps I'll join that.

Oh, and I did contact the local republican party to tell them that I'm a minority who would like to run for office as a republican. Not too many of those and Drudge says that Republicans are recruiting.

I think I'd do well here in Maryland with "Si se puede!".

I think I shall post a new lawyer joke for the day. Insert Darth What's His Name Ambulance Chaser into the stereotype.

Perhaps he can waste another 3 or 4 hours and $1200 about how I post that I don't think much of him as an attorney.

I tell you this much: I would recommend my attorney, my ex's attorney, and my kids attorney to anyone looking for one. This guy?

I'd love to tell you more about how things went, but my attorney probably wouldn't like it. She thinks I did just fine today, though.

Money is an issue, however, and it is running out.

There was one golden moment that happened. They asked me if I ever installed a spy program on her computer.

I answered truthfully. I said, "Of course when I suspected she was cheating I did. She installed one on me too. That's how I found out she went out with 5 different men while I was deployed."

Cachow!

Interestingly enough, he didn't pursue any further questions along these lines.

Then there was this crazy focus on my mental health records.

Amazingly the AF waived something from 10 years ago and allowed me to fly planes for 6 years.

And now? The DoD doesn't seem to have a problem with marital grief counseling and seems ok to have me have a TS clearance while working at the Pentagon and supporting the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Oh, and the kid's attorney said that the courts aren't going to care about what happened before the kids were born.

Cachow!

But while I seemed to have popped their bubbles on some issues, I still have an uneasy feeling overall because of the bias towards women and because my emotions from months ago are being used against me.

So that's my update.

SNORT...

Gollum... LOL ... watch yer back man ... he'll bite that wedding ring off your finger if you ever put it back on..

now thats #$@#$ funny!!!! He goes around looking for his "precious" so people don't have to look at his ugly mug.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
P
pomdbd3 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
My vision of the world is of pandas gracefully and peacefully living their lives in open fields while chewing bamboo root and not worrying about the excessive use of verbage destroying their habitat.

Last edited by pomdbd3; 05/21/08 11:57 AM. Reason: Darth WHNACG may be offended by my posts.

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

Never going to happen.

P
pomdbd3 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I'm hurting a bit today.

My therapist says it's a normal response.

She says it's normal for me to feel as I do after facing the grilling and the questions from my ex and having her throw things at me.

Last edited by pomdbd3; 05/22/08 09:43 PM.

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

Never going to happen.

L
L
I dont really know you but {{{{HUGS}}}} Pom

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
B
B
Pom, been reading your posts, you are getting the S$%T kicked out of you by life right now and i sincerely hope things turn around soon. In the meantime, some reading for your friends...

A man went to a brain store to get some brain to complete a study. He sees a sign remarking on the quality of professional brain offerred at this particular brain store. He begins to question the butcher about the cost of these brains.

"How much does it cost for engineer brain?"

"Three dollars an ounce."

"How much does it cost for programmer brain?"

"Four dollars an ounce."

"How much for lawyer brain?"

"$1,000 an ounce."

"Why is lawyer brain so much more?"

"Do you know how many lawyers we had to kill to get one ounce of brain?"

BS ME 35, XWW 37, DS 7, DD 5, DS 5, D-day1 12-20-2007.Multiple Ddays

Divorce 1/29/2009
B
B
and another....

The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer. "I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said. "I'll increase your income five-fold. Your partners will love you; your clients will respect you; you'll have four months of vacation each year and live to be a hundred. All I require in return is that your wife's soul, your children's souls, and their children's souls rot in hell for eternity."

The lawyer thought for a moment. "What's the catch?" he asked.

Divorce 1/29/2009
B
B
and one more...

Q: How many lawyer jokes are there?
A: Only three. The rest are true stories.

Divorce 1/29/2009
M
M
What would you call 10 lawyers at the bottom of the Hudson River?

A start...

What would you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of San Francisco Bay?

Progress...

_
_

"heartsore" is one guy where MB was used against him and there have been others. I have no idea how heartsore's situation turned out, but at the last telling it was not good. But what good can ever happen when it comes to the fall out of adultery and family betrayal, etc.

The right lawyer (and judge) helps. I hope you so find. Heartsore was also a special case in that people from this site did a number on the OM in terms of writing the company he worked for.

Larry

M
M
Originally Posted by _Larry_
Heartsore was also a special case in that people from this site did a number on the OM in terms of writing the company he worked for.

Larry

Much like what happened to lino a few months back. A few of the "vets" took it upon themselves to slander the OM on his web page, which led the OM & WW directly back to MB where lino's plans were discovered and used against him, and he was forced to leave the forums.

Very poor judgment displayed and definately the WORST that I've seen MB let down a poster in need in my 10 months here.

K
K
I haven't read through the thread yet, but I wonder if all of those posts, filled with anger, sadness, pain, and rage could actually support your position...what better evidence of the damage that was done to you?

I think that would be my tactic...let her glean the worst of the worst from your posts, then point to those very things as the results of a mess that she caused.

Last edited by Krazy71; 05/23/08 10:10 AM.

Divorced
_
_
Originally Posted by Krazy71
I haven't read through the thread yet, but I wonder if all of those posts, filled with anger, sadness, pain, and rage could actually support your position...what better evidence of the damage that was done to you?

I think that would be my tactic...let her glean the worst of the worst from your posts, then point to those very things as the results of a mess that she caused.

Fleshed out by an Attorney skilled in the trade, your concept has serious merit. Very interesting and very astute.

Larry

K
K
I've always thought my skill set would allow me to be an effective attorney, but I was never willing to work that hard. laugh

Divorced
P
pomdbd3 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Everyone. I'm going under ground a bit. I'll be back someday, but need to take a break from MB. I love helping people here and posting here, but sometimes feel I get stuck in the muck that way.

I wish everyone well.

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

Never going to happen.

L
L
I understand POM...I've too have done the same from time to time.

During your break, continue to enhance the positives and work on YOU...

Best of luck, L2F

If God is a DJ, life is a dance floor, you get what you're given, it's all how you use it... Pink
P
pomdbd3 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Quick update, then back underground:

I went to a DC United game tonight and sat with the Barra Brava, next to the Eagle's Nest. This is the section in the stadium that does nothing but sing the entire game.

I had an absolute blast. My voice is hoarse from singing so much.

All I could think of at the end?

How much my kids will enjoy doing this when they get older and I can bring them all (we'll sit in a quieter, more kid friendly section).

I felt good and felt good for the first time in a while.

I'm going to go back when I can and when I can afford it.

smile

What surprised me was how many of the chants were in Spanish. I was laughing because the songs have some curse words in them and I don't think most of the crowd knows what they're yelling!

Looks like a good place to meet fellow female soccer fans as well. Lots of them there. I feel like an old man next to some, but I'm sure there's a few in their 30's floating around if I just look. smile

It sure beats staying home and playing games to try to keep my mind off of you know who and Darth WHNACG.

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

Never going to happen.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation