Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#2072266 06/12/08 08:48 AM
S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi, this is “Suzet”. Members who followed my story will probably remember about me and my H’s severe infertility problems. Medically we were unable to conceive our own biological child. According to the doctors, the only chance we had to conceive was through the very expensive and technological advanced intro-fertilization method called ICSI (and then we would only have a 30% chance).

Well all dear friends, I have such wonderful news to share now! After almost 12 years of marriage and me already in my middle 30’s, I/we finally became pregnant WITHOUT any infertility treatment. The pregnancy was confirmed yesterday (I’m 5 weeks pregnant now). This is truly a miracle and we feel so blessed! I’ve always known that God can do miracles…that ALL things are possible through Him, but now we experience it first hand in our own lives/marriage! This was such wonderful news for us!

To members who still care, please keep us in your prayers… I pray to God now that he will bless and protect this entire pregnancy so that I can be able to give birth to a perfect and healthy child… We believe that is His will…

God Bless to all,
Suzet

P
P
That's awesome Suzet! Congratulations. I pray that everything goes well for the entire pregnancy. Your world is about to be rocked. LOL

I have four children and life has been interesting to say the least.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
L
L
Wonderful news, Suzet. Thank you for sharing your blessing here, too.

Congratulations!

LA

F
F
Congratulations Suzet!

I'm quite sure that you and "Mr. S" will make wonderful parents.

My son and daughter-in-law are in much the same position, with our grandchild due in August. After many years we had all come to think there would be no children because of her PCOS. But God has blessed them and they are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their child next August(they have chosen to NOT know the sex in advance).

My prayer is that God keeps both mother and child safe and that you have a healthy child as your gift from God. Between the fertility problems, the job problems, the infidelity problems, I am certain that you have both learn painful lessons and will, as a result, make SUPER parents!!!

God bless!

A
A
How absolutely WONDERFUL, Suzet! Congratulations!!! cool I pray you have an easy and enjoyable pregnancy!

Lori

VERY HAPPY! FBS/FWS; 47yo; M-29 yrs.; DS-26,DD-21; our affairs: 1990-'96
B
B
Miracles do happen!!!!!!!

Take good care of yourself - no coffee, cigarettes, alcohol.....

Please keep us updated.

S
S
Great news Suzet!
It reminds me of a girl I went to school with. She was told long before her and her husband got married that she may not be able to conceive. They went for tests before they got married and they were told both her tubes were blocked and there was nothing they could do. So they started to look into adoption options. On her honeymoon she got the flu really bad....so she thought. Turned out she was pregnant! They went on to have 2 more kids!

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
E
E
Suzet, I am so very happy for you.

Me = FBS age 51
FWH = age 51
M 25 years, 2 children 16 and 20
D-Day 5/19/05
Recovered and happy
S
S
Thanks for sharing the news !!
What a wonderful blessing.

Please update us as to how you are doing, and may you continue to find Joy in the Journey.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
J
J
Congratulations!

Right after a fertility clinic refused to work with us unless I used donor eggs, I got pregnant with twins. Miracles do happen!

My prayers for you and for a healthy, happy, safe pregnancy!

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
S
S
Absolutely God Sent! Congrads to you and the H! I will certainly pray for you and your family for a smooth ride along the way!

RIn

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Dear all,

Thanks very much for the all the prayers & good wishes, I appreciate it very much! I will definitely keep you all updated. smile

FH, I’m so glad to hear your son and daughter-in-law is going to have a baby too! (You told me last year about their infertility problem). I’m so glad for all of you! You must be very excited. Will this be the first grandchild? My H is the only son, so you can just imagine how excited his parents were when they’ve heard the news. They have started to accept that they will proably never have a grandchild, but now they have also something to look forward too! My younger brother have 2 kids already and although it will not be the first one for my parents, they are just as exciting - especially since they know how much we have longed for this to happen.

Jayne241, I’ve heard miracle stories like yours (and the one Suamico posted about) many times before…that’s why I’ve never gave up on the hope and belief that the same miracle would happen to us. I’ve always felt doubtful about the intro-fertilization in our case… I never felt sure that the intro-fertilization was the way for us to go and that it would succeed. I never understood that feeling, but now I know why… In our case, it was meant to happen without it! smile

Blessings,
Suzet

B
B
Proverbs 31

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the business of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

I am delighted Suzet !

May you be BLESSED by this child ! Hallelujah !

MB Alumni
S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
smile smile smile

Thanks Bob, that's a very precious chapter/verse!

F
F
You must be very excited. Will this be the first grandchild?

Suzet, yes, my wife and I are very excited and thankful to God for all of His mercies and blessings.

This will be a second grandchild for us, a first grandchild for my DIL's parents and they are thrilled!. Her sister also has problems and isn't likely to conceive either.

In addition, my eldest daugther and her husband are expecting a daughter, also in August, so we will have 3 grandchildren next Christmas.

Our youngest son and his wife have a wonderful baby boy (7 mos. old) and he is a delight.

I know it's "early" for you, but sonagrams are amazing things these days and when you get to them you'll understand too. That tiny human being is miraculous as you see it growing and developing...and you can choose as my daughter and her husband did to know the sex of the child or as my son and his wife did, to not know and be "surprised" the "old fashioned way" with whatever gift God has given them.

God bless.

S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I know it's "early" for you, but sonagrams are amazing things these days and when you get to them you'll understand too. That tiny human being is miraculous as you see it growing and developing...and you can choose as my daughter and her husband did to know the sex of the child or as my son and his wife did, to not know and be "surprised" the "old fashioned way" with whatever gift God has given them.
FH, we will be going for my 1st sonar and full examination next week. We both would like to know the sex of the baby beforehand (we will be far too curious to have the patience to wait until the baby is born! grin), however I think it must be very special to be "surprised" the "old fashioned way" too. Interestingly, we both (and 2 other family members) have a feeling that it is going to be a girl. However, whether it's a boy or girl doesn’t matter, as long as the baby is normal & healthy. smile

My younger brother and his wife have a baby boy of 7 months old and a little girl of 2 yrs old (she tuns 3 in October). We are the godparents of them both and also the godparents of a 8 year old boy of close friends.

God Bless.

F
F
However, whether it's a boy or girl doesn’t matter, as long as the baby is normal & healthy.

Amen!!!

T
T
That is wonderful news Suzet. You must both be thrilled. TT

B
B
Congratulations Suzet.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
wonderful news! everything always happens in God's timing.

Twila Paris, one of my favorite christian artists, shared a story about her pregnancy. She and her husband had tried for years to have a child. After being married forever, and with her in her early 40's, it finally happened. She said God has a wonderful sense of humor for she found out she was pregnant while playing the part of Sarah in a play (Abraham's wife who got pregnant in very old age, from the Old Testament)!

I am happy for you! I hope to have more children one day as well. Need to find a wonderful husband first, but, all in God's time.

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation