Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 187 of 339 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 338 339
Q
OP Offline
Q
LOL
Originally Posted By: QueeniesNewLifeAs in the words of my children - you're killing me smalls.

Could you clarify?
I have no idea what it means, they just keep telling it to me all the time lately when I ask them to do something they aren't sure of, but know they have too.

Trust me, domestic goddess in NOT one of my strong suits. I wasn't planning on deep cleaning, just dusting, vacuuming, wiping down the cabinets. Nothing special, but presentable.

I use to stress, now I do it because I want to. Way different. And what doesn't get down, will be just fine with me.

I like you Cinders... Alot....

I like your style woman.....

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
I found the quote! It's from the movie "The Sandlot" and it's from the s'mores scene.

I even found it on Youtube.

I love Google...

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

Q
OP Offline
Q
LOL - That is the funniest thing I have heard or had done in a long time. thanks babe.

How are you? How's vacation going?

I still have this week and next left.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
I like you Cinders... Alot....

I like your style woman.....

Wow!!! Thanks. No woman ever heard that enough. Especially a betrayed woman. I often think one of my issues is not feeling that enough people get me. KWIM?

Queenie, I like you, too. That's why I shoot so straight with you. I have been where you are. I survived. I have thrived. And you will, too!!!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Cinders, isn't it amazing how we come here completely broken human beings and together we help each other build lives back and move forward. We touch each other's lives because we understand what others who have never experienced this don't. And yet, we somehow dig through the mud and dirt to find our ways.

Sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly. But it will always materialize if you work for it.

Queenie, I like you, too. That's why I shoot so straight with you. I have been where you are. I survived. I have thrived. And you will, too!!!
Please don't ever stop. You and so many others are my reality check in a life that doesn't have it down so well right now. smile

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
N
N
hey girl,,,,,,isn't your butt supposed to be in bed????????

not2fun

N
N
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
Hey NOT,

More importantly how are YOU? How is your recovery coming?

I am doing ok. I continue to move forward seeking G-d for his guidance and taking care of what I can.

I seem to be waiting out what happens in court pretty good. It's on Wednesday so maybe things will change by then.

Ok, my ego needs it, what changes have you seen? smile

I miss you, sent you an email. I hope you are doing ok and knowing that I am thinking about you.

I am doing good......Did you mean my recovery from surgery or the marriage????.... wink

In any case, both are going well. Physically, I am doing well. As of thurs. this week, I will be off restrictions and I can start resuming life as I like it....

Marriage wise, it is going well. Maybe not as fast as I want, but that is not part of the program. I am an impatient person though......

ok, enough about me, lets talk about you..... grin

First off, your posts have taken a different turn. You are not posting about your WS as much. Now, I know he is still in the for-front of your mind, BUT you are really doing a great job of plunging forward with YOUR life. That is good.....

Second, you are moving forward with your life. This is EXTREMELY evident in your post. This too is good. Good for you and your children.

Third, you are finally letting go of YOUR need to control what goes on in WS life, and letting him suffer the consequences in his life. This is really good, because even if he DOES return home one day, you will find that you cannot control him, only he can control himself.....

Last, but definately not least, you seem to be really letting G-d take control of your life.

anyway, I hope that boosts you up honey....though I have to say, from where I am sitting, your self-confidence is shining away.... grin

not2fun

C
C
Know what? I agree w/ what n2 said.

It's a good thing, in these cases of recovery, to become more self-focused. The person in your mirror is the only person you can improve. Sometimes, when you work on yourself, things begin to come together better for you.

Here's the verse of the week:

MIC 6:8

He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

Not that I'll give out one every week. This just came to mind. You know, it's sort of what I've been saying....make the next right choice, do what you can and don't stress too much, keep your eyes on G-d who will always be there even if you don't see him.

Last edited by cinderella; 06/24/08 06:36 AM.
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Not,

Whatever good growth there is, is because of G-ds graciousness and love for me. There is a friend of mine whose dad is dying. She and I were talking and crying together. She knows that I lost both of my parents many years ago. She was asking me about the pain her dad is suffering, about the emotional path she is on. I told her that at the time my parents died I didn't think there was anything sadder. I WAS SO WRONG.

Losing my life with my H, my M, and all that was a part of that was beyond anything I could have imagined feeling. I told her she had been through divorces and she would get through this. My suggestion and this is where I just sobbed, was to seek G-d and hold on for dear life.

Because humans will fail us, but not G-d and he was right there waiting for you to let him come and walk you through this. I know that if I didn't have my relationship with G-d I would be dead. It's the most important thing that is nurtured everyday because I want to.

I seek to please him because in the end, he is the one who will bless me and that new life I am building, in spite of all the road blocks I have and probably will put up.

I love when you give me scripture Cinders, it make me take it into my heart and seek G-d and his purpose for me at that moment or the moment when I am most struggling.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
I'm not a preachy sort of person but, when a scripture comes to mind, I'll put it out there for you.

What that verse in Micah says is excellent advice. You seem to moving that direction.

Yeah, losing my h was worse than losing my dad. Truly was. I'm so grateful to have my mom.

L
L
Hi Queenie,

On my thread you wrote,

It's early and I didn't sleep well last night

...so I read the last few pages of your thread to catch up....

...is it related in anyway to what is going on 'wednesday'...like...tomorrow?

...do what you can, Queenie...and don't be hard on yourself!

((((((((((((((((((QUEENIE)))))))))))))))

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Luna,

You know I don't think it has really much to do with that. Oh sure I'm a little nervous, but I truly understand this is in G-ds hands. I am not going to court so I won't see WH. And my A will let me know what happens. Now maybe if I was having to face him it would be a different story.

I'm moving on and building a life and I am truly starting to see it without my husband. It's not something I ever wanted, but I didn't think I would have survived it this far.

Like Mimi has told me I have to think of him as dead. My H is dead, what's left is a monster that I can't stand and I just have to accept and find a new life for me and the children.

I could use the prayers that the commisioner or judges sees fit to give me at least 400.00. that way I can pay for my car payment and just buckle my straps more.

How are you doing?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Queenie - I think you ought to go to court. He will have to behave there - unless he is an idiot which he is, as we all know. You will have to see him at some point. I would go under this controlled situation.

It won't be easy but, if a question comes up, your attorney will have you there to get your input.

Last edited by cinderella; 06/24/08 10:09 PM. Reason: 'cuz I made a boo-boo
Q
OP Offline
Q
My A told me that I didn't need to be there. I could email him again and ask him, but crap, the thought of seeing him after all this time, just did flips in my stomach.

I don't want to break my Plan B. I'm doing so good and that would nearly destroy me. I don't know if I can do that.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Hi Q

I will be praying for you.

{{{{{{Q}}}}}}}}

Married 6 yrs
No children
A started in Dec 07
I found out Feb 08
Q
OP Offline
Q
As long as I don't have to go, I am good. If I have to go I ain't so good.

I wish Mimi were here to go with me at the very least.

smile

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Just because you go, doesn't mean you have to talk w/him. Someone, a couple of months ago, had a thread about how to act toward wh at court. Don't remember who....don't remember when.

I was always told that, if there was any hearing, you were better off to be there unnecessarily than to be absent when needed.

However, I do give you the choice. Just telling you what I was told was the common wisdom in my city.

Q
OP Offline
Q
I have emailed my A and he could certainly call me and ask me a question. I am frightened to face him.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Q just surrender urself to God,and whatever happens - will be for the best

Married 6 yrs
No children
A started in Dec 07
I found out Feb 08
C
C
Why are you frightened?

What is the worst that could happen?

Could that be worse than what you have survived?

Page 187 of 339 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation