Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
OK, I'm here alone and my W is in Switzerland with my son and dil and we're all awaiting the first born grandchild(for me and W) and first born to my son and his W.

She was due yesterday but doc told her she is not nearly ready.
The doc has already estimated baby's weight at 91/2 to 10 lbs.

I'm going nuts. Pacing the floor like I did with my own. Am I crazy or what. Everone else is so calm, including son and his wife. They're taking a trip into Geneva tomorrow. What are they crazy? Don't they know how quickly things can change?

It's me, really, isn't it.

Every hour that goes by, I'm expecting THE call.

Any suggestions?

ps: and stop laughing mad
smile
All Blessings,
Jerry

D
D
It's you Jerry.

You need to focus on something else.

Take a trip to the library and get a couple of good reads.

You have a celly, right?

If you do, there is NO reason not to keep occupied.

If you feel REALLY anxious, try chamomile tea - it's really good for nerves.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
D
D
Oh.

And have a lovely weekend.

Here's to July babies...some of my very favorite babies are July babies.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
N
Originally Posted by shinethrough
ps: and stop laughing mad
smile

That is sooooo funny.......LMAO....

Jeez, just like the grandpa to worry and want to fix things NOW......

OK, So what can grandpapa do whilst he waits????

How about fixing something around the house?? How about seeing a movie??? How about planting a tree or schrub, in honor of grandbaby??? How about a tall beer..(relaxes you a little...)?? How about detailing your car??? How about coming to my house and doing a little laundy??? (hey it was worth a try.... grin)...

CONGRADULATIONS BTW....

not2fun

D
D
OH!

Learn to whittle.

Aren't all grandpas supposed to know how to do that?

My Story

Recovered!
S
OP Offline
S
You guys are right, it's me. urrgghhh.

My wife told me when she left two weeks ago to cut the lavender in the yard when it's in full bloom, wrap it in elastic, with a paper clip and hang it somewhere for full fragrance.

So I did, and threw it on my dirty laundry that I haven't touched for two weeks. Hope it helps. Not sure that's what she had in mind though.

TIC TOCK....

Sorry if this is inappropriate, this is going to be my wait and see thread.

But it better be short lived!!!! mad

All Blessings,
Jerry

S
S
Hi Jerry,

I have never posted to you but have been reading and learning from your posts for quite some time. Thank you.

It is you Jerry! I'm not laughing. (Barely) I am an old pro at this. I have two new grandsons. They are 10 and 7 weeks old so I have very recently been through just what you are going through. The reason your kids are not nervous is because the docs check things now that they didn't even know they had to check when i was pregnant. When my kids were born, I had sex, got fat then had a baby. They never even checked my second one's heartbeat from the time I got to the hospital til the time she was born.

My DD and DDIL are more informed about pregnancy, labor and birth than I am after having two live births and three micarriages. My kids should have never survived to toddlerhood according to all the things I did "wrong" during my pregnacies. I drank coffee, ate cultured cheeses and even had an occasional glass of wine.

DH and I were ever ready to make the 4 1/2 hour drive to be there for the birth of our first DGS. We even had our own hospital bag packed. As far as suggestions... Don't worry, pray! As for me, I shopped. Babies 'R Us knew me by name. Sure relieves anxiety. (:

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
S
OP Offline
S
Define whittle.

Would that be the same as I have no fingernails left and they are bleeding?

All Blessings,
Jerry

D
D
Define whittle.

Would that be the same as I have no fingernails left and they are bleeding?

All Blessings,
Jerry

Okay.

Now I AM laughing.

Poor Jerry.

Wooza.

May I suggest a trip to Bass Pro Shops? Always helps my dad (and my husband, too).

They even have a tiny little tee shirt that says, "I may be small, but I'm a keeper."

All my kids had one of those shirts.

My Story

Recovered!
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks saynomore,

As far as shopping, my w has taken care of that since the initial announcement. I had to remind her this was not our child. difference is, now we can afford to shop.

This has all made me a little nostalgic. My wife and I married at 20 years old. We had our first son, within a year. I remember going to the grocerie store and buying hamburg for 3 pounds for a dollar. One day there was a well dressed lady at the same counter doing the same, and she smilled at me and said " oh, I see you must have a dog too." Course I replied: 'No, ma'am, I have a wife and son." Never saw her again.

All Blessings,
Jerry

Last edited by shinethrough; 07/03/08 03:48 PM.
S
S
I have had similiar thoughts. I watched glowingly at four seperate showers while my soon to be born GBs got everything that a baby never needed or wanted. All brand new. I remembered putting my first born in a dresser drawer and being so thrilled that he had four or five brand new outfits when he came home from the hospital That may explain my shopping sprees. Multiply your DW's trips by two.

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
D
D
The Wookie and I are finally getting to a point in our lives that we don't struggle to scrape by.

Getting older does have it's perks.

So your wife already got your GS a fishing pole?

What's a grandson (or daughter) for, if not to take fishing?

That's what my dad thinks my kids are for.

My Story

Recovered!
S
OP Offline
S
We don't know if it's a boy or a girl. That's the last inconsiderate act my bratty son can pull on me!

I don't know whether to run out and get a baseball glove or a doll. Hmmmmmmm,,,, fishing pole sounds good. could easily be used for either.

Keep checking caller ID in case I missed a call. No luck.

All Blessings,
Jerry

ETA: It must have been the cheap hamburg!!!

Last edited by shinethrough; 07/03/08 04:04 PM.
F
F
We don't know if it's a boy or a girl. That's the last inconsiderate act my bratty son can pull on me!

I don't know whether to run out and get a baseball glove or a doll.

Jerry, get them BOTH, then they'll have to come visit you to exchange one of them! smirk

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks FH,

I hope folks understand about my son. I'm actually extremely proud of him. grin

All blessings,
Jerry

M
M
Wow, Jerry, you are so lucky! I hope you get a little grandaughter so you can spoil her rotten. I ADORED my G'pa. He used to smuggle me M&M's in bed! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
R
So I did, and threw it on my dirty laundry that I haven't touched for two weeks. Hope it helps. Not sure that's what she had in mind though.

ROTFLMAO!!

Poor Jerry! I would be doing just exactly what you are doing. I have always been a worrier. So, how 'bout tackling that laudry pile. You might be surprised at just how much it takes your mind off things. (Plus your wife said hang them to dry, not shrivel up and wilt! LOL!)

All wil be OK, though...just be thankful you aren't the poor woman lugging around a 10lb baby anticipating the "push 'em out, shove 'em out" part! crazy

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
L
L
Originally Posted by Resonance

ROTFLMAO!!

Poor Jerry! I would be doing just exactly what you are doing. I have always been a worrier. So, how 'bout tackling that laudry pile. You might be surprised at just how much it takes your mind off things. (Plus your wife said hang them to dry, not shrivel up and wilt! LOL!)

All wil be OK, though...just be thankful you aren't the poor woman lugging around a 10lb baby anticipating the "push 'em out, shove 'em out" part! crazy

I was trying to work out what he wanted to fragent. Make the dirty clothes smell like lavender, or the lavender smell like dirty clothes smile

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
S
OP Offline
S
Ok,

That's it the lavender shrivelled up. I'm doing laundry tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.

I'll be a haunt for the next couple of days.

I guess grocery shopping doesn't include ordering out for the last two weeks, right?

All Blessings,
Jerry

S
OP Offline
S
well that makes me chuckle, but how can I bring american chocolate to Switzerland?

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation