Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 38 39
P
P
Well, the GF's mom did overdose on anti anxiety pills and mixed it with SSRI's. BIG NO NO.

Valium, xanax, lorazipam , you name it.

Her doctor was giving her anything she wanted or either she was doctor shopping.

Anyways GF is angry with her mother. She's done this one other time after her ex husband (GF's dad) killed himself. They were divorced, but she still blames herself. He merely self destructed from alcohol abuse.

The GOOD NEWS is she is bringing me back a Shrimp PoBoy from Penns Seafood!!!!!

YES!!!! I'm gettin a REAL PoBoy!!!!!!! laugh

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
R
R
What is a shrimp PoBoy? My dad goes shrimp fishing on weekends and we are sick of eating shrimps.

I have to clean house this weekend because my colleague from Thailand is coming to stay. We are going white water rafting next weekend and a conference after that.

I had a haircut last Sunday and the internal auditor says I'm 'hot'. blush

P
P
A Shrimp PoBoy is a pile of fried popcorn shrimp on a hoagie roll covered in hot sauce and remulade sauce.

Here's a pic of the one I had the last time I was there.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd48/screamingcockatoo/poboy.jpg

This weekend I have to do yard work and then on Sunday we are going to see the new Batman movie.

Next weekend is the big GA Sig Sauer group shoot up in Rasaca, GA at the Chestnut Mountain WMA Range.

I'll be loading bullets tonight and tomorrow night as GF works late.

Last edited by Pariah; 07/18/08 08:30 AM.

S
S
Originally Posted by RuffledNOT
What is a shrimp PoBoy?

You poor thing. frown

Pariah - I'm jealous about the Sig Shoot. I need to put more rounds through my P239 .40.

C
C
yea i ate poboys all the time while i lived in new orleans... the be good

in other news, think i'm gonna ride my bike to the beach this weekend and say hello to a tiki bar with some friends

party on wayne

FBH, 39
Now a primary custody dad
New life began June 2008
B
B
Originally Posted by Pariah
A Shrimp PoBoy is a pile of fried popcorn shrimp on a hoagie roll covered in hot sauce and remulade sauce.

Close

Nobody in South Louisana knows what a hoagie roll is

We use FRENCH BREAD baby!

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
C
Originally Posted by BetrayedCajun

Close

Nobody in South Louisana knows what a hoagie roll is

We use FRENCH BREAD baby!

ure making meh miss new orleans lol

FBH, 39
Now a primary custody dad
New life began June 2008
B
B
last night I had no idea what to cook for supper, so I invented something

I pulled out a pack of shrimp, sauted it in butter and liquid crab boil, and served on rice

I frikin slaughtered it, and DS4 wasn't complaining either

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
P
P
My GF brought me back a half a gallon of Remulade sauce from Mississippi last weekend.

I put it on everything!

It's incredible on asparagus!

B
B
Pariah,

What's in the sauce that you have?

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
P
P
From a recipe I found on the web.
I've never made it, but it turns out a speckled orangy color.

1 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp. prepared horseradish
1 Tbsp. finely diced onion (optional)

Blend all ingredients together in a bowl.
Let stand for flavors to blend.

Add 2 Tbsp. dill weed to replace your normal tarter sauce on fish.

B
B
Thanks!

Remoulade

Now since we're both single guys, we can be particular about the details, so real mayonnaise or the fake stuff? I love Dijon mustard, especially with some good cheddar cheese.

I really liked your video of casting bullets. If you ever hit the Lou' (as we affectionately call the St. Louis metro area), the first beer is on me.

Speaking of beer, I thought some people here were going to blow a gasket over InBev's purchase of AB.

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
P
P
Originally Posted by booka
Speaking of beer, I thought some people here were going to blow a gasket over InBev's purchase of AB.

There's a Stella on my computer desk right now. laugh

InBev can only make that watered down swill that AB makes better.

There's a BW brewery here in Atlanta and there is a Miller brewery down in Albany where I moved from.

Thanks for the comment about the bullets. We pretty much have to cast for the Sharps rifle as ammo for it is over a buck apiece off the shelf and making rounds gets them down to 10¢ apiece.

There's lots ov videos on the youtube we've done to do with shooting. Before anyone asks, yes that's my twin brother.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=screamingcockatoo

Last edited by Pariah; 07/18/08 05:22 PM.

P
P
Originally Posted by Seabird
Pariah - I'm jealous about the Sig Shoot. I need to put more rounds through my P239 .40.

You need to take a road trip and join us sometime. laugh

We have so many toys to shoot and everyone is welcome to the fun.

You too can make a 100 yard pistol shot and go home with that feeling of accomplishment that you can do something that very few can accomplish. smile

D
OP Offline
D
Well boys here in South Dakota we consider Mountain Oysters to be our to die for food!!!

And my daddy makes the best rhubarb wine!! I have a brother that does brew his own beer though!!! They have tried for a rhubarb beer, something like "Pink ^ss" was the name they came up with for it!!!

I hit the Arts in the Park up at Spearfish, beautiful little town in the Black Hills if you ever get to visit!!

Stopped in Sturgis on the way home, you have heard of the motorcycle rally they there haven't you?

And then stopped in Rapid for a Christian out door music Festival, it is so cool to see generations hang out and rock together, tonights main act was TobyMac. A little funky for the likes of South Dakota but I walked past an older gentleman with his farmers tan and he was getting down to the beat!!!

It was a blast and will go back again tomorrow, I got to play with my grandson while there as my DIL took of with her friends for a little while!!!

Have a safe weekend all!!!

Dawn

A
A
I took the kids and my daughters friend to a water park on Friday. Left my son at my sisters for a week and the girls and I lived it up in a hotel room for the weekend. We had a ball!!

3 more days left of my vacation!! laugh

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
P
P
I have a forum get-together shoot to host tomorrow.

We are going up to the WMA range in N GA until early afternoon and then having a cook out and pool party at a friend's house.

Holy moly I have my whole arsenal loaded up and ready to go for everyone to get to play with.

There's a few old timers who can't wait to get their hands on my WWII stuff.

A
A
Working tomorrow.....Off Sunday...gonna work on the tan.

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
S
S
There's a few old timers who can't wait to get their hands on my WWII stuff.

I went on a shoot with some friends a couple of years ago to an indoor range that rented us some full auto stuff; a Thompson, an M16, and an Uzi. Those along with my two friends' respective arsenals=FUN.

One guy has an M1 Garand and I about pooped myself when the empty clip popped out of the magazine. *PING* LOL! I wasn't expecting that! laugh

We were shooting Wolf though and the range was poorly ventilated. By the time we were finished, everyone was coughing up thick black globs of goo.

Good times... wink

P
P
Originally Posted by Seabird
One guy has an M1 Garand and I about pooped myself when the empty clip popped out of the magazine. *PING* LOL! I wasn't expecting that! laugh

I let a kid and his father shoot my garand a while back.

And an old timer have a go with my 1903a4 yesterday.

Ralph schooled me real good. He don't speak much about his time in the military, but he puts his money where his mouth is.

If you are EVER, EVER down the ATL way, I'll take you shooting.

Page 3 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 492 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation