Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 207 of 339 1 2 205 206 207 208 209 338 339
C
C
Nail polish WITH acetone, Queenie.....soak those babies in it. Soak, soak, soak. It softens/melts them significantly.

Q
OP Offline
Q
lol

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
next time if I do this again, get those nails that is

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
I had them once. 15 years ago - or maybe more. Once.

L
L
Hi Queenie,

Just dropped by to say hello.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
A
A
Hi Queenie

Just wanted to see how your day has gone! Hope better smile

(((Hugs)))

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi there Pretty, thanks for checking in and me and you too Luna for stopping by and saying hi.

Today actually has been a very strong day. I spent the first part of the morning helping my friend and im'g my DD back and forth. Then went into Seattle and began preparations for working on a project with Jewish Family Services on bringing a forum for recovery to this area in September.

Then went to my 2nd job, finished early and went back to JFS for an AA meeting.

I reconnected with a girlfriend of mine and we talked about me coming back to Temple. I'm not ready yet, but it was nice to hear I am missed. I really called her to check up on some people who are having family medical issues.

I feel like Satan is giving me a rest today. My boss suggested that while I am stepping up my prayers for G-d to bring WH down, I also include protecting me from Satan.

How are you? How was work? What' the weather like?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
hi Queenie, just popped into say hi.
coo-eee!

Definatly pray a hedge of protection about yourself, the enermy is a snaky little beggar.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
A
A
Today was long. I was up at 5am to go to work. Didnt leave there till about 330p or so. Then went and go the kids. Came home and did dinner. DH is out of town till later this week so Im going solo here for a bit but it will be alright smile

I have been kinda under the weather and I do not know if its what I thought was wrong lately or if its just this stupid weather its self. I have been getting headaches and sore tummy frown But the show must go on!!!

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
How do you take care of yourself.

How do you manage life without him around? Do the kids go to daycare.

My OS just got home. He was happy to see me and gave me a big hug when he got home. He had a blast. I'm so glad, but I'm glad he is home.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
I am glad he was safe

I honestly do not know how I survive sometimes. H is not away to often.

The babies go to daycare when im working

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Oh ok, cool.

What are you doing tomorrow?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
I have to work from 10a to 6p other then that nothing to big. No I dont rest. Im trying to get days off at work too but I dont know whats going on right now with that.

What are your plans?

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hopefully the weather will be nice and I can spend it at the pool. I have an AA meeting that I can walk to tomorrow. I sure hope I hear something soon about the child and spousal support.

This BROKE deal isn't fun. But I am doing it and fortunately there is milk, cheese, taco fixings, and a few other items here to eat. Just boring.

Reminder of college days.

I'm praying hard for G-d to allow me as strong a day tomorrow as today was, though my mood has shifted a bit. I think I need to go pray and keep on praying for more protection and get to sleep.

I can go downhill fast when I think of how much is in front of me. Don't want to go there.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
E
E
Queenie, thank you for the compliment you gave me on the other thread. Unnecessary but sweet just the same. blush

J
J
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
I can go downhill fast when I think of how much is in front of me. Don't want to go there.

Hey there Queenie.. haven't had a chance to stay up to date on everything, but I wanted to touch on this real quick.

I think regardless of our circumstances, even when there is someone at home to share our lives with, looking too far into the future can be a source of endless worrying.

Just remember, and I know you know.. God will ALWAYS provide you with what you need. He is eternally faithful to you, and will never turn away from you.

Remember that today is the day you have, yesterday is gone, and tomorrow will come all on its own. Today is a precious gift.. that's why we call it the 'present' smile

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
B
Queenie,

Like James, I'm not as up to date as usual on your thread, but wanted to stop by to lend a bit of support and say Hello!

I feel like Satan is giving me a rest today. My boss suggested that while I am stepping up my prayers for G-d to bring WH down, I also include protecting me from Satan.

This is a good suggestion. I hope your desire to return to Temple comes along,,,obviously there are people there that care for you and want to help support you. I have found that even though I'm not really involved in activies outside of regular service and Sunday School class, attending church has helped me a great deal - more than I ever imagined it would. As God's people, we are called to spend time together and there are benefits to be found in that. I'm not pressuring, just wanted to point out those things for your consideration.

This BROKE deal isn't fun. But I am doing it and fortunately there is milk, cheese, taco fixings, and a few other items here to eat. Just boring.

Yes, it can be 'boring', but having nothing would be a whole lot worse, wouldn't it? I understand & am not downplaying how difficult it is when finances are so tight because of the selfish WS. That stinks and is NOT right.

But, let me also remind you to include prayers of THANKS to God for providing. It is important to be thankful for all we have, even when it's just a little. When we give Him proper thanks for even the small things, that is when we place ourselves in a position of allowing Him to give even more.

This is the prayer Ladybugs and I pray now each night. We thank God for every day and for all of His wonderful blessings - even when that particular day may have been not so 'perfect' in our eyes.

{{{{Queenie}}}}

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
S
Hi Queenie,

I never received your e-mail with your address to send A Case For Christ.

Say

Last edited by saynomore; 07/16/08 08:25 PM.

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
P
P
But, let me also remind you to include prayers of THANKS to God for providing. It is important to be thankful for all we have, even when it's just a little. When we give Him proper thanks for even the small things, that is when we place ourselves in a position of allowing Him to give even more.

Yes. Just imagine how we as parents feel when our children thank us for the little things or just tell us that they love us. How it makes us feel. When my kids do that, it just makes me want to do more for them. I imagine God is like that. Like a parent.

Queenie, if things get really bad financially, I don't know about where you live, but in Dallas they have a food bank sponsored by the city as well as many churches around here have them (with no strings attached!). There is nothing wrong with asking for a little help when you need it until your money comes through. I'm sure they'd love to help a single mom struggling to provide for her family. That's why they're there.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Q
OP Offline
Q
You are more than welcome Exodus, it's the truth.

Hi James, one day at a time, but it was close to midnight.... LOL, but I get your point, truly.

Bugs,
We thank God for every day and for all of His wonderful blessings - even when that particular day may have been not so 'perfect' in our eyes
You know I could do this so much better. I thank him all the time throughout the day but maybe I don't do it enough or humbling enough to thank him for the small stuff. What an honest observation for me, thank you.

I really am doing ok financially, I have a little over a 1/4 tank of gas, I have food in my house - though not exciting, and all but one car payment bill is paid.

I was most worried about how I was going to pay for the cell phone, but that seems to be possibly working itself out.

I will keep my options open for asking for help, but I think that there are other people hurting way more than me and this is good for me to just learn to do without. I think G-d needs me to be in this place.....

I really want to learn all the lessons G-d puts in front of me. He is building character and other good qualities that will hopefully one day bless my M.

But I am not proud enough not to ask for help if it gets really bad.

Oh and Say, I emailed you my address. I apologize for not getting that completed and thank you for following up with me.

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 07/16/08 12:48 PM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 207 of 339 1 2 205 206 207 208 209 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 277 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation