Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 38 39
S
S
Originally Posted by Pariah
If you are EVER, EVER down the ATL way, I'll take you shooting.

I've got family in Knoxville. It's kind of close. Maybe the next time I'm up there I can work something out. smile

Last edited by Seabird; 07/27/08 11:59 AM.
G
G
Wow. I never knew there were so many gun freaks on MB. I'm the only one in my family without a gun. Even my sister owns a shot gun. My dad and brother collect guns. I've been seriously considering buying a shot gun so that I can shoot with my dad. Any advice would be welcome. We do have a gun club near by, too. So I could take some lessons.

Besides, there have been a few famous Annie's. Of them, I like Annie Oakley the best.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
S
S
Green - Need to know what you plan on shooting to help make the right determination. Paper targets? Potential home intruders? Neighborhood cats who poop in your flowerbed?

You said you want to go shoot with your dad? Where? You don't want a shotgun if he's target shooting at a range for instance.

G
G
Dad shoots trap and skeet. Bro hunts, plus does some target shooting. Step-dad shoots targets, trap and the odd groundhog. Mother has an airpistol she uses to shoot the squirrels who raid the bird feeders.

I may want to shoot a home intruder, but I don't anticipate I'll need to. Of course, if the country goes to heck in a hand basket I may need a gun to fight. Mostly, I would want to shoot trap with my dad and sister.

Dad does have a rifle and a couple of handguns for target practice and protection. Not to mention the odd cannon.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
P
P
I like your family already! laugh

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
S
S
I've shot trap and hunted before, but I always did it with my uncle's old Ithaca 12g pump. I know that people who are really into the sport can literally spend thousands on shotguns purpose-built for it.

Maybe consider a decent all-around 12g shotgun with interchangeable barrels. One for trap and skeet (I assume some kind of choke might be required?), and a shorter (18"), chokeless barrel to leave on it for home defense. Practice with it enough so that working the pump becomes second nature. It's easy to forget that part in a panic, high-adrenalin situation.

G
G
Good advice, thanks.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
R
R
I went white water rafting last weekend and my river guide was really cute, muscular, cute, muscular, cute, muscular and I can't stop thinking about him even though he is a little too small sized for my preference.

He was yummy and I jumped into the river just once so he can come rescue me. He did.

whistle

N
N
Ruffled,
I can see the smile on your face as you wrote this.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
S
S
He didn't haul you into shore by your flotation devices, did he? CPR? Sounds like you started off with a good idea, but failed to follow through. laugh

B
B
Originally Posted by RuffledNOT
I went white water rafting last weekend and my river guide was really cute, muscular, cute, muscular, cute, muscular and I can't stop thinking about him even though he is a little too small sized for my preference.

He was yummy and I jumped into the river just once so he can come rescue me. He did.

whistle

What, no mouth-to-mouth?

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
D
OP Offline
D
This weekend is my birthday!!!! Actually Saturday is my birthday but am hosting a 9 pin scotch doubles bowling event on Friday night to celebrate!!! Should be fun, then we will h it the local watering hole!

Saturday night a bunch of us girls will probably go out!!!

My daughter is leaving in the morning for 3 weeks with her dad and my folks left this morning for a week, so a whole week to myself, without someone asking what I am doing or where I am goind!!!

Dawn

A
A
Happy Early Birthday Dawn!! Gonna play "the game" this weekend while at the watering hole?? laugh

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
D
OP Offline
D
Oh yeah!!!!!

Dawn

N
N
Have a Happy Birthday Leo!

Originally Posted by daybreak
without someone asking what I am doing or where I am goind!!!

They'll still ask, by cell phone.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
B
B
Happy birthday daybreak. I'm just a couple months away from mine. Next year will be the blowout party for the next major milestone.

It's both payday and a no-sales-tax weekend, and I think I'll do a bit of shopping for some new shoes (guys like shoes too, although not to the extent of some women!) and some new dressy-casual shirts this evening and see what's at seasons end, etc. I'll hit a couple of places, maybe some dinner out, and maybe tip a few at the tavern (I have to touch base with my constituents) before the evening is over. Tomorrow I would like to do some yard work and then will attend a party in the evening with friends and neighbors to celebrate the opening of a friend new deck. Sunday I have a tentative M&G (Meet and greet) with someone I've been emailing, texting, and calling for a while. We're going to meet at a quaint town that's the half-way point for the both of us. There are several winieries, breweries, etc. there and we'll make the day of it. She's not my physical type but has other attributes that compensate.

I'm sure there will be another adventure layered in there somewhere. I never have a boring weekend even if I attempt to make it so!

TGIF!

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
T
T
Happy Birthday!

You guys are all going to have so much fun. I'm going to be stuck painting my bathroom. That and my mom is coming to lunch Sunday. Should have enough partial painting done for her to criticize effectively. Oh joy!

R
R
Happy Birthday Dawn! <sparklers & cake here>

I shall be alone this weekend. Will be organizing my photo albums and bathing the cat.

sleep

A
A
lol newly!!!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
D
OP Offline
D
Ruffled ----Bathing the cat? do you really do that?

Yes they will ask by cell phone.

But all summer I've been messing with my kids per text messages. Sent them one "I am getting married!!!" It was 2 am!!! I got back "Are you drunk?"

So this weekend I think I will do the picture text with the police and my hands behind my back head down being put into the patrol car!!!! I know most of the cops in our little town and they will play along!!!!! That should get the kids good as long as they don't call grandma/grandpa at 2 am!!!!

booka let me know how the meet and greet goes. I have one tentative for Wednesday, his birthday!! Half way between the two of us so about an 1.5 hours.

Plan on having a great one!!!

Dawn

Page 4 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation