Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
iam Offline
I
We all agree with you, but you're beating the Rep. vs. Dem thing to death. :RollieEyes:

This ain't TV and equal time, it's the story of the day.

K
K
Originally Posted by iam
We all agree with you, but you're beating the Rep. vs. Dem thing to death. :RollieEyes:

This ain't TV and equal time, it's the story of the day.

Noooo...

the people shouting for Edwards' head the loudest are....you guessed it....conservatives. It's not that he cheated, it's that he's a Democrat who cheated.

Since McCain conducts his affair in full view of everyone, every day, he should be scrutinized as well.

It's not my fault that the DNC has dropped the ball on this one.

Divorced
M
M
Krazy is trying so hard to divert attention frm the Breck Girl that he is going to hurt himself! grin

If you want to talk about John McCain, go start a thread, this thread is about Edwards. Quit playing two wrongs make a right. :RollieEyes:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
krazy, you get a little carried away with the political partisanship, my friend. This has nothing to do with politics. Just settle down, good grief. crazy

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A seminal book for her had been Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now."

I've read that book. Clearly, she was nuts before she opened it. Of course, anybody can get just about anything they want out of a book these days.

And astrology and past lives? Don't get me started! rotflmao

and:

At lunch at the Soho House in late spring of '07, Rielle told me that she and novelist Jay McInerney were working on a "genius" idea for a television show about women who help men get out of failing marriages by having affairs with them.

The biggest 'problem' for the world at large is that I bet she (and millions like her) believes this 2 be well and good behavior. Some sort of past-life @$$holemates or some such nonsense.

Apparently, she didn't learn anything from her "experience" this go round, did she?

-ol' 2long

Last edited by 2long; 08/12/08 05:34 PM.
G
G
The person who posted the following:

krazy, you get a little carried away with the political partisanship, my friend. This has nothing to do with politics. Just settle down, good grief.

also posted the following:

Krazy is trying so hard to divert attention frm the Breck Girl that he is going to hurt himself!

Now if one searches for the origins of the "Breck Girl" slur, one finds it to be a typical, textbook wingnut smear of a Democrat as effeminate, unmanly, etc. The term is an invention of the Right. It was fed to a member of the so-called liberal media (specifically to a New York Times reporter) by an anonymous source from within the Bush administration sometime in 2003. That reporter (Adam Nagourney) repeated it, and the slur was then repeated in the media echo chambers of the Right until it became familiar. I don't know if Nagourney was the only person who repeated the slur originally. There is no way to know.

In any case, using the "Breck Girl" smear on Edwards is a partisan activity, ML, and you go ahead and say "settle down" and claim it's just fun and funny, but in reality it is a right-wing political tactic. You can't call Edwards the "Breck Girl" and claim your comments are not partisan. It's a lie.

I'm not defending Edwards. I don't care about him. He's a liar and a cheat.

But I think it's dishonest and annoying when a partisan waggles her finger at other people for being partisan. I call BS.

GC

B
B
Originally Posted by Krazy71
The show might've been more interesting if it was about a hot young blond who has all the money she'll ever need, and hooks up with a local up-and-coming politician in an attempt to acquire the power to match all that money.

Heck, the season finale could even end with her nearly reaching the White House.

C'mon guys - THIS is hilarious and y'all missed it!!!

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
And I've got her "lurve" right here...

Oh...

Wait...

Nope...

Sorry...

Stepped in bull poo...

(shrugs)

Same dif...

Kimmy, ya never know, they could be SOUL-MATES!!! DUH!! sigh

Don't hurt yourself with all that tap dancin', Krazy grin

Don't you mean STOLE MEATS?

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
What difference does it make where it came from?

It sure as heck fits!

It's not just those on the right who call him that either. I've heard friends from both sides of the isle refer to him as that.

And Maureen Dowd just referred to him as the Breck Girl the other day. You gonna call her a partisan right winger too?

This is silly.

Krazy has no idea whether anyone who has spoken out against the Edward's affair will vote for McCain this Nov.

He ASSUMES everyone is as partisan as he is. crazy

M
M
Originally Posted by graycloud
In any case, using the "Breck Girl" smear on Edwards is a partisan activity, ML, and you go ahead and say "settle down" and claim it's just fun and funny, but in reality it is a right-wing political tactic. You can't call Edwards the "Breck Girl" and claim your comments are not partisan. It's a lie.

oh no, another "vast right wing conspiracy!" HalliburtonHalliburtonHalliburton! Polly want a KarlRoveKarlRoveKarlRove!!! stickout

And last I checked BRECK was a shampoo, not a political party. grin

Exposure 101

T
T
Go to youtube and enter "john edwards combing hair." When you watch the video, you should be able to see that calling him the "Breck (an old glamor shampoo, in case some of you are too young to remember it) Girl" COULD be claimed to be just truth-in-advertising. I'm waiting to see one of the anti-McCain, studiously-neutral, "non-partisans" on this site come up with an identical, or even similar, incident with John McCain!! rotflmao

M
M
You can't call Edwards the "Breck Girl" and claim your comments are not partisan. It's a lie.

shhhhhh, don't tell anyone but NY Times has joined the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, it will drive them Krazy grin:

Keeping It Rielle
By MAUREEN DOWD
August 9, 2008 NYT

John Edwards’s confession was a little bit breathtaking.

Not the sex stuff. That happens here all the time.

And certainly not covering up the sex stuff. That happens here all the time, too. First people uncover; then they cover up.

Nobody’s ever had sex with that woman until, suddenly, they have.

The stunning admission Edwards made to ABC’s Bob Woodruff, and in a written statement from Chapel Hill on Friday afternoon, was that he’s a narcissist.

He admitted that wallowing in “self-focus” out on the trail and thinking you’re “special” can result in a solipsism that “leads you to believe you can do whatever you want, you’re invincible and there’ll be no consequences.”

Auto-psychoanalysis by the perp. That’s really rich. When Bill Clinton acknowledged an affair, after equally adamant denials, he simply went into an old-fashioned spiral of penitence, his allegedly long, dark night of his alleged soul.

Even in confessing to preening, Edwards was preening. His diagnosis of narcissism was weirdly narcissistic, or was it self-narcissistic? Given his diagnosis, I’m sure his H.M.O. would pay.

The creepiest part of his creepy confession was when he stressed to Woodruff that he cheated on Elizabeth in 2006 when her cancer was in remission. His infidelity was oncologically correct.

So narcissist walks into a New York bar and meets a legendarily wacky former Gotham party girl — whose ’80s exploits were chronicled in a novel by her former boyfriend Jay McInerney because the behavior of her and her friends “intrigued and appalled me.” When you appall Jay McInerney, you know you’re in trouble.

The president manqué gives Rielle Hunter, formerly Lisa Druck, more than $114,000 to shoot vain little videos for his Web site (even though she’s a neophyte), one of which is scored with the song “True Reflections” about the Narcissus pool, which goes: “When you look into a mirror, do you like what’s looking at you? Now that you’ve seen your true reflections, what on earth are you gonna do?”

He has an affair with Hunter, while he’s honing his speech on the imperative to “live in a moral, honest, just America.” A married former aide says he’s the father when she gets pregnant, even though she’s telling people Edwards is the dad. And one of his campaign donors pays off Hunter to get her resettled with the baby out of North Carolina.

But the Breck Girl wants a gold star for the fact that he sent his marriage into remission when his wife was in remission. That’s special.

In his statement, he bleats: “You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare.” Isn’t stripping bare how he got into this mess?

continued at: click

Exposure 101

T
T
And ML, did the appellation "Breck Girl" really come from Maureen Dowd, that well-known wingnut columnist of the lunatic right fringe rag, the New York Times? When did Karl Rove replace ol' Pinch as editor? What with turning Maureen Dowd into a certified member of the lunatic conservative right, and manufacturing lying hits on innocent Democrats like JE, how DOES that man ever get any free time?

M
M
thass right, t&l, it could be a KarlRoveHalliburtonRWVC dirty twick... :MrEEk:

Exposure 101

K
K
I've said repeatedly that Edwards deserves whatever punishment he receives, including political exile and divorce.

If you're going to be partisan, at least have the guts to admit it.

Divorced
P
OP Offline
P
And here's the YouTube video to prove Edwards... Rielle is the "Breck Girl".

Edwards as the Breck Girl

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
G
G
People who have no argument say "who cares" or resort to mockery. If you're losing the debate, then you dumb it down. Classic.

And Maureen Dowd just referred to him as the Breck Girl the other day. You gonna call her a partisan right winger too?

Dowd's archives are overflowing with references to Democratic candidates as insufficiently manly (or, if female, insufficiently feminine). Dowd once described Al Gore as "lactating". I think she's referred to Obama as "Obambi" and called him a "starlet".

You don't have to be a right winger to repeat their talking points or feed their narratives. Just ask Cokie Roberts.

oh no, another "vast right wing conspiracy!" HalliburtonHalliburtonHalliburton! Polly want a KarlRoveKarlRoveKarlRove!!!

That hurts, ML. I'm insulted. Good argument though. Like fighting by flailing your arms.

This Hunter person sounds like a mental patient.

I reckon this thread is going to the ghetto shortly.

GC

M
M
Sorry, graycloud, but it is hiliarious to see all the tap dancing going on on this thread in an attempt to change the subject and shut people up. It deserves nothing more than mockery. There really is no "debate" just alot of liberal tap dancing. And its very funny! laugh

Exposure 101

M
M
I reckon this thread is going to the ghetto shortly.

why have you now thrown an abvious racial slur into this?

K
K
Like fighting by flailing your arms.

It's more like a 3-year-old putting her hands over her ears and yelling, "La la la!" to block out something they don't want to hear.

Divorced
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation