Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Absolutely the most important thing is being happy with yourself and not needing another person to "complete" you.

Funny how age changes the way we look at life and what we will and will not put up with.

The older I get the more set in my ways I am getting and I'm enjoying being alone with my kids and living life day to day. My son started his senior year in high school today and is a starting wide receiver on the varsity football team so every weekend I'm the proud football mom screaming in the stands and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. My daughter started 6th grade today at a different school and she managed to get out the door without too much drama. LOL I work 50 hours a week and I love it! Life doesn't get any better than this at the moment!

Should a man decide to join our world that would be okay but I don't sit around whinning about not having a man or damning every man who has ever done me wrong. Life is way to short for that stuff!

Okay enough rambling. Have a great day!!

Ronda laugh

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
S
S
Why did you leave him a message? Was it because your schedules are too different and you couldn't get a hold of him in person? Or were you afraid of some conflict? Did he call back?

I
I
I agree with your decision to conclude the relationship as it was not working out as you would have wanted it to. Had it been a mutual understanding from the beginning; i.e.,that getting together would be possible but on a very limited basis it could have been ideal. This was not the case. So it was best to bring it to a close.

Conveying your decision in a message was probably the best method since you could deliver it without interruption and without having to field any attempts to dissuade you from it.
It gives him the opportunity to think about what you decided and and reach an understanding as to why. Then should he contact you, all you need to do is inform him that you have decided it is in your best interests. Enough said.

T
T
I had that same problem early on in my relationship - he was very busy with work, his kids, his church, his friends - and I was feeling like I was Plan "B" also - I always got invitations for "last minute" dates, etc. This went on for the first few months of us dating.

I stuck it out though for a few months more - because I really liked him and the time we spent together. I did eventually have the discussion with him as time went on that I didn't want to be his "back up"..........

things did change though - as we got closer and closer, I noticed that I rose up above his friends on the importance scale - and his work schedule eventually lightened up....our relationship grew and grew.

Now, I'm right up there with family....

So, I would wait to see if he calls - tells you his thoughts - and you can make your decision then.....

You've only ben dating a few months, right? Maybe give it some time and see how things develop?

Older But Definately Happier and Wiser
S
Sadmo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I left him a message because I just suddenly realized I was putting a lot of my precious thought into WHY aren't we spending more time together, and I decided to call him, and if he answered, fine, if not, I would just leave him a message....

He actually did respond, he said that I am a great person, he wants to keep in touch, but our schedules are just don't jive... I then heard from him again today.

I did respond, and we talked about how we are both at two different phases in our lives: I am more settled, he is still able to just pick up and go, and he likes that.

Can't say that I blame him. It would be nice to be able to do that...

So, it is what it is....

I have a really fun night planned with friends on Friday, I am looking forward to that!

S
Sadmo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just an update....
I have been living my life, doing what I want, and I like it! I am still talking/seeing the guy that I talked about earlier (felt like I was plan B...) I am not putting all of my eggs in one basket, and I am not EXPECTING... which is new to me, I kind of always had expectations that I felt were not being met, and I have stopped this a lot. Since I have gotten D'd I have become friends with a few guys that really look out for ME... I can run things by them, and they will tell me the MALE version of what is going on - LOL, and as time goes on, it makes more sense.

This guy seems to really like me, but there are two things that bother him: He is not ready to be M'd (not that I am looking for that at ALL right now) AND I am older than him. The funny thing is, when we first met, we both thought we were the same age, but, we are not. I like this guy, but, I am cautious. He actually is really respectful towards me, but, every once in a while the age thing really rears its head. I am almost 7 years older than him, and I think that it freaks him out every now and again.

So, only time will tell. I LIKE him a lot, he has told me he likes me a lot (how school girlish! LOL!) and we get along great... I really think it freaks him out... But, I am cautiously optimistic, and I am still just having fun with my kids, my friends, my family... my life is SO FULL, so full of great things, (and some not so great things), but I am really happy....I am glad I am ME! hurray

N
N
Thanks for the update, Mo!

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 703 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation