Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 39 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39
A
A
Kind of a crappy week ahead of me. Working 10 days in a row. Birthday is tomorrow....and I'm WORKING! LOL Son's football game Friday night. Preparing for Store Inventory all this week and weekend. My Boss will be in town Sunday and Monday for the Inventory.

I plan on taking a 4 day weekend next weekend. smile Y'all are welcome to come to PA to visit!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
I'm getting my hair cut Saturday and sending an 8 inch pony tail to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program.

A
A
What a wonderful, kind thing to do Cinderella!! smile

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
B
B
Another absolute blow-out weekend full of fun and activities.

For a summary, which centered around our annual church picnic on Sunday (137 kegs of beer sold!):

Friday: I had Friday off and ran some errands and then stopped by the picnic grounds to see if they needed any help and ended up staying until after dark.

Saturday: House and yard-work and then went to a bar in the evening with friends to watch a college football game. Many adventures took place there and I ended up with a new phone number. Went home at a reasonable time.

Sunday: The big day, read the papers, got cleaned up, and headed down to the beer stand at 11:00am. I ended staying until about midnight, working the full shift until the beer ran out about 22:15. The cops chased all of the customers out and the workers stayed behind to do some housekeeping and drink some beer. My very good friend and fellow alderman Anna and her husband Kerry joined the crew and amongst many political discussions we found time for general discussions as well. I ran into hundreds of people that I knew and added some new ones to the list. The selection of women was most excellent and I made quite a few tips and not only flirted a bit but was flirted at a lot. There was someone in particular there that I fancy and I managed to squeeze in a little interaction with her. I had a fantastic time, had my A-game the whole time, charmed many, worked with some of the best people I know, did a lot of bonding, gave and received much humor, and will be thinking about it until next year. I saw Dave last night who runs the whole beer sales and he jokingly told me that he expects me to be running the whole show in 5-years and I knew that he really means it. I of course accepted. I was one tired puppy dog when I got home.

Monday: Took it easy during the early part of the day and then went over to my best friend’s house and we had a few Coronas and some filets on the grill and talked about women.

Tuesday: We had a special BOA (Board of Aldermen) meeting last night at 19:30 that lasted about 90-minutes. We got a lot down because the mayor was out of town. I predict a good fight when he gets back! Fellow alderman Anna and Ericka retired with me to the local tavern and we had much discussion and a few beers and I stayed out way past my bedtime and got home about midnight. Anna has a habit of keeping me out late. She is married, probably not happily, but I keep everything on the up and up. She is definitely the smartest woman that I have ever had the pleasure of actually liking and for some reason appreciates my company. I like to refer to her as my co-conspirator. Through a interesting coincidence, she happens to know the certain someone from the picnic that I was interested in and Anna and my mutual friend Cathy knows this person well. So we’ll see what Anna and Cathy can do for me in that regard.

Tonight, I don’t know. There are several possibilities but I also need to catch up on laundry and get some sleep!

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
B
B
Originally Posted by Pariah
We went back up to the vineyards up in Dahlonega and tried three different ones this time.

We had a good time and I found a fantastic little BBQ place off of Auraria Rd.

Pariah,

What varietals do they grow in Georgia? In Missouri where I live there are quite a few wineries and the big varietal is a Norton.

W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
C
C
Thanks. It just seemed like something I could do to help someone live a happier life...something that wouldn't cost a lot, take a lot of energy, wouldn't make too many demands of me. And, if I don't do it soon, I will have too many shiny hairs to do it. For some reason, I'm getting these shiny very blond hairs and they don't want too many of them.

sigh

B
B
Originally Posted by cinderella
Thanks. It just seemed like something I could do to help someone live a happier life...something that wouldn't cost a lot, take a lot of energy, wouldn't make too many demands of me. And, if I don't do it soon, I will have too many shiny hairs to do it. For some reason, I'm getting these shiny very blond hairs and they don't want too many of them.

sigh

Before and after pictures please. People still talk about my long hair but I find the shorter hair much easier to maintain.

C
C
My hair is very straight and very fine. I have a nice quantity but it is SO fine that I have a tiny, skinny pony tail. Currently, it is down around my shoulder blades.

I figure I will end up with it around the tops of my shoulders though I wanted to end up w/ it around my collar bones. However, it's so long that I think that is increasing my shedding. The dermatologist has said for several years that my shedding was a bit heavier than she would expect for my age. I know stress can worsen it and I've been concerned about the shedding so I guess that may be making me shed worse. I guess it's time to go back to the liver enzyme injections. Fun fun fun.

If it's not in a pony tail or hanging limp, I put it up in a rope-like thing around my head. I get lots of compliments about that - from men and women. It may not be fashionable but I can do it in 2 minutes and lots of people like it. I suppose it's my version of Katherine Hepburn's bun.

I've done short hair before and found that it cost more (products and frequent hair cuts) and took longer by the time I used the blow drier and the assorted brushes, etc. It's not as easy for me as the twisted thing.

B
B
As a man, I've had various lengths of hair all of my life. Last year I said what the heck an didn't cut it for over a year. My hair is fairly fine and to my surprise gets very curly beyond a certain length. In the course of a year, it grew down to my shoulders curled, so I don't know how long it was when it was straight because I never really brushed it out. I would brush the ends upon occasion as I was starting some little baby dreadlocks.

So this wild hair (literally) went on for over a year and there are people who never saw me with short hair. People still talk about it and I guess that it made quite an impression. I am back to short hair where its very short on the sides and longer on the top. I pat it dry, brush it forward, throw and dab of gel on and fuss with it just a bit as it dries. Very simple and I really like to look. The poll among those that matter to me is about 99.9% in favor of the current look. I am very happy to have hair at my age and the natural blonde tones override almost all of the grey.

But enough about my hair!

M
M
my vote, if i count booka, is that the hair looks much better short. you were blessed with a nice full head of it that is for sure! most women would kill for your hair lol

my weekend plans? are you ready for some FOOTBALL?! my son has games all weekend. that is where i will be.

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

A
A
I haven't seen my real color in 26 years...lol. But I do know there are a few shiny ones up there...I blame the EX and my kids! LOL

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
C
C
Yes....I blame my children. It's certainly not my age. BTW, my younger sister has been coloring her hair for 15 years or more. Me.....Nope - except for highlights and the recovery period after I tried to highlight my own hair and had to dye it to cover up the mess I had made. That was a hard 12 months or so before I got it to a color that could grow out.

R
R
Hello nams!

Understand your concern. I have never trespassed on anyone's property until this trip and it was just too much fun to miss. The locals pointed out the way and unfortunately, requires jumping over someone's fence. On taking the oranges, we met the owner earlier and he invited us to visit. The other way of getting to the orchard was to walk round the airport, so we took a shortcut and walked over the airstrip. There are only three flights each week, so the airstrip/airport was deserted. While at the orchard, the owner gave us permission to try as many oranges as we wanted. This is the person who experimented with orange and apple cultivation in tropical climate.

By the way, I want you to know that I am not an American and I am travelling in my own country.

This weekend I shall be a good girl-- cleaning the house and ironing and catching up on work.

B
B
Originally Posted by AllurinGreenEyes
I haven't seen my real color in 26 years...lol. But I do know there are a few shiny ones up there...I blame the EX and my kids! LOL

I never ask a woman what her natural hair color is. It's a rather immaterial question.

C
C
The Diplomat states a fondness for blond hair. I no longer have that. However, I keep telling him that all he has to do is agree to pay for it and I can have it done. However, it is an expensive, ongoing ordeal.

Having once had a good hair stylist fry my hair due to ongoing, repeated chemical processing - back in the 80s during the big hair perm days when I also highlighted - I am not eager to go there again. I'll settle for highlights - IF someone else pays for them.

A
A
I am a licensed hair dresser so I do my own!! Heck of a lot cheaper! Plus I'm the manager of a beauty supply store so my employee discount helps even more! laugh

Good idea Booka to not ask... wink Although I tell if asked.

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
B
B
I figure what's the point to ask, they might not even remember!

A
A
LOL that's probably VERY true!!!! laugh

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
B
B
All right, I have two very good FFs (female friends) Anna and Kathy and they did some checking up on the person that I had some interest in and that I ran into at the picnic last Sunday. It appears this person is in a relationship (but likes to flirt nonetheless) and there are some large questions about her "personal stability". I've asked for examples out of curiosity.

Anna and Kathy are neighbors, I know Anna through the BOA (Board of Alderman) as she was in office prior to my election to that body this past April. As an aside, I am a political monster when it comes to the local-level politics and have some distinct goals in that arena. I have made many contacts and am still exploring it. But back to the subject at hand, Kathy is on the P&Z (Planning & Zoning) Board, so I know her from that and via Anna. Both are married with children and everything is on the up and up between them and me. After being married to a cheater/lair, I'll never go there.

I was appreciative that Anna and Kathy would take up my cause and I have no doubt that they will have additional efforts in that area. Anna had a friend that she wants to introduce me to. Both Anna and Kathy entertain frequently and Anna has invited me to her next party that she said would serve as our mutual birthday party and her's is a week after mine. I will wangle an invite to Kathy's.

So there are a lot of good points in living in a small town and having a lot of friends. My goal is to get involved enough in the community and doing enough stuff in the community that people speak well of me and that the word gets around so that if a woman should inquire, she will hear good things. That's not my primary reason for my goals but could be an added benefit.

I am very happy as a single dude and could fill my schedule with activities for every night. I am currently looking for a volunteer organization that I would be interested in working with. I often wonder if I could ever find a woman that would add to the experience rather than take away for it. That's been an elusive goal.

N
N
Hi Ruffled,

I'm sorry I assumed American. These days that can make non-Americans pretty nervous especially when traveling. I'm glad you understand my concern.

I love to travel and have done quite a bit. Post divorce...not so much. I look forward to the day when I can get back to it.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
Page 9 of 39 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation