Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 116 of 160 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 159 160
B
B
SD,

So sorry to hear about Augie. I think it's totally normal to be grieving 'everything', as this is quite a trigger. Let it happen, just don't let it keep you down.

When my Alex passed, a friend gave me a framed poem. If I can find it, I'll post it for you. You could print & frame it, then let the kids pick a place to put it in the house as a little memorial. Ladybugs loved it.

hug

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
C
C
The Tenth Good Thing About Barney

The Legend of the Rainbow Bridge

Cat Heaven (the book by Cynthia Rylant) great pictures for a little one

Cat Heaven - - - - poem by Cynthia Rylant (may be same as text of book)

For your children, you may want to go to the library and check these out. (((SD)))

P
P
Being a rescue and rehabber, I've witnessed many a feathered friend across the bridge. I take solace in the thought they will be waiting for me on the other side.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
L
L
Sorry SD.

Those of us that have lived the 'particular experience' of loosing and grieving a pet (mine was a beautiful golden retriever) know what you are feeling.

...and yeah...IT IS the kind of trigger that leads to grieving...ALL OTHER LOSSES!

I am sooooo sorry for the pain, SD. Hang in there buddy! I will be thinking of you today.... (imagine an emoticon: a shoulder for you to cry on!)

hugSD hug

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
W
W
Thinking of you, Guy Smiley. hug

I've had a couple of old dogs put down when it was there time. It was tougher than tough.

Those gentle brown eyes looking back, completely trusting...... cry

I stayed with them until they passed. I always felt I owed them that much.

Take care, sdguy, sorrow brings many things back to the surface.

Fox

B
B
Originally Posted by wildhorses74
Those gentle brown eyes looking back, completely trusting...... cry

That's how I get away with so much flirt

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
W
W
naughty

C
C
That's how I get away with so much

BC on the Prowl

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
C
C
Hey SD. Sorry about the old cat. We had 3 dogs and 4 cats over the 26 years. They were all (well maybe not one of the cats) good friends. We had to put the last cat down during my Plan A in late December 2006. I still have Wayzilla's water turtle. We have had it for over 20 years and it will probably out live me and be DD's problem some day. Not much companionship out of a turtle. But a serious improvement over Wayzilla.

Take care SD.

Last edited by chrisner; 09/10/08 10:31 AM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, guys. No serious funk so far, just some healthy grieving, so that's good. The thoughts and suggestions are truly appreciated. Thanks for the book suggestions, Cinders. I was hoping someone would point me in that direction.

I take solace in the thought they will be waiting for me on the other side.

This from the SCQ:

It turned out ok for the kids to be there. They actually had gone to the car to wait before things went real bad. They didn't see Augie at the vet. They did see her this morning because I didn't think she was going to win this last round. She did have a good run.

I have told them that she is in cat heaven with Biffer and Patches. And that she is now feeling better and she can see us and she will always be with us.

and when I mentioned that I would have liked to see her one last time

I thought you would have. It was a last minute decision. I was picking her up to take her to the 24 hour hospital for the night. She was suppose to go back to the vet in the morning for further evaluation and then to make a decision. I would have let you know tomorrow if things were at the end. Things got worse when they brought her out to me to take her to the hospital. It seemed like the right thing to do for her.

Biff was the other cat the SCQ and I had. He died about six years ago. Lung cancer. (I kept trying to get him to quit smoking, but he just couldn't kick it.)

I stayed with them until they passed. I always felt I owed them that much.
Yeah, I remember doing this with Biff, crouching down and looking into his eyes as they dosed him so that he would know his people were with him at the end. And how hard we both cried and held each other.

Not much companionship out of a turtle. But a serious improvement over Wayzilla.
grin

C
C
SD
How did you bring in quotes from different threads?

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
S
Hey Mr. Smiley,

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I have had many cats throughout the years. There's Saroya, Midnight, and Sinclair, and Patches, and Oscar, and Sydney,and currently Jerry--he's an orange tabby--campground kitty.

I remember when I got Sydney. It was not long after I moved in with the Z. My sister brought in a LARGE gift bag--to which the Z said "There'd better not be anything LIVING in there" because he KNEW that one of her friend's cats had a litter. I was in the shower. She came into the bathroom, with the bag in hand and tells me she's got something for me. I take my time drying off and then go to 'unwrap' my present. I peer over the edge of the bag and there's this tiny little face, all eyes, looking up at me with that sharp toothed kitty 'meeeooo'. Little tiny tabby with white paws, cute as all get out. She was a good cat, and a great MOUSER. From the time she was old enough to hunt, we had no mice around to speak of in this ole house.

Anyway, I've got lots of good memories with the feline brood that I've grown up with. Much love and respect for the kitty kingdom.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
I've always had dogs myself. Sandy, Frederick, Buster, and Brewski.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

S
S
I also have two dogs of my own and my sister's dog living here. I have Macy (jack russell terrier) and Lucas (greyhound), and my sister has Penny (the 'weiner' dog)

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
Does the wiener jump up? My Boston Terrier jumps up constantly. The little ones seem to do that.....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

C
C

P
P
Cinders, those were hysterical. I love the dog singing and the dog playing by himself. My oldest son has a dachsund that's he raised from a pup named (predictably) Oscar.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
I aim to please.

C
C
Oh Cinder, those were the best. My fav was the shoes!!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

C
C
Prince CatLover loved it too!

Page 116 of 160 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation