Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
TJD #2125935 09/11/08 10:55 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Well, the deal with his cell is...

They pay for all BUSINESS related calls. He actually has to print out and highlight all calls each month that are BUSINESS related. I said that since THEY sent HIM to Canada, that those should count as "business calls" when he has to call home too... but we'll see if they go for that.

They don't pay his whole bill tho, just a portion.

He'll get a blackberry and the whole bill paid with his next promotion, probably next summer. Yay. A blackberry. Just what he needs... grumble

E.

eeyoree #2125937 09/11/08 10:58 PM
T
TJD Offline
T
I've never had a boss turn me down for personal calls either. They were always very understanding, especially if out of country. WEAK.

This is not what we all dream of when we get married. That is for sure.

ME BH 40 - FWW 39

Sons - 9 and 7

DDAY - March 18,2006

Married 10 years

Recovering
TJD #2125938 09/11/08 10:59 PM
C
C
Isn't there a midnight showing of Rocky Horror somewhere nearby you can go to? Or a hotel by a lake or ocean? Do something for yourself.

eeyoree #2125939 09/11/08 11:00 PM
V
V
((((((eeyoree))))))

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this. frown

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Verve #2125942 09/11/08 11:04 PM
T
TJD Offline
T
Well, I just got to be the tooth fairy. smirk

Our 9 yr old just lost one a couple hours ago.

ME BH 40 - FWW 39

Sons - 9 and 7

DDAY - March 18,2006

Married 10 years

Recovering
TJD #2125943 09/11/08 11:05 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I've never had a boss turn me down for personal calls either. They were always very understanding, especially if out of country. WEAK.

Well, either you worked for Betty Crocker, or he worked for Hitler. He made it seem like there was just NO WAY in the past he could ever get a free second to call me. That it was UNREASONABLE of me to ask for a phone call a day from him while he was out of town. That I just didn't understand. (this is literally what he told me).

Now, I will give him credit. For this recent "out of town" stint... he has been VERY good about maintaining contact with me. But, not so much tonight. He knew that I was going to dinner with a friend adn then to dance class, and then would be home.

No, this isn't what I dreamt of M being.

Its now 10 pm in Calgary. Midnight here. Cell is still off, and he's still out-- or he's still idle online at least.

I think I might try calling the hotel room, just to make sure there's no answer. If he's in the room but not on his computer, something serious is up...

I doubt he's in his room, I think he's more out at a bar with a "client" that just happens to be female. Same ol' same ol'.

E.

E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by catperson
Isn't there a midnight showing of Rocky Horror somewhere nearby you can go to? Or a hotel by a lake or ocean? Do something for yourself.

I wish. I have to work tomorrow-- its a big day at work too, so I can't get out of it. I'm gonna be dead tho...

I'm just chillin' with my MB buddies, waiting for H to reappear...

Heck ya'll have stuck with me for the past how many hours? I at least owe you resolution to this story...

E.

TJD #2125946 09/11/08 11:07 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by TJD
Well, I just got to be the tooth fairy. smirk

Our 9 yr old just lost one a couple hours ago.

AWWW!!!

How much did it cost the tooth fairy??

E.

Verve #2125947 09/11/08 11:08 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Esprit
((((((eeyoree))))))

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this. frown

Thanks for the support smile

E.

eeyoree #2125949 09/11/08 11:11 PM
T
TJD Offline
T
Just a buck!

I used to travel alot. Probably 40%. Didn't see my kids and wife. Missed Halloweens and birthdays. We have changed our lives.

I haven't traveled since December.

You know you travel alot when you know the stewardess's by first name. Now, I get to play tooth fairy. First time for me.

ME BH 40 - FWW 39

Sons - 9 and 7

DDAY - March 18,2006

Married 10 years

Recovering
TJD #2125953 09/11/08 11:20 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Great to hear.

H actually had the same position with a different company and traveled 98% of the time (literally). He was NEVER HOME. He'd come home late Friday night, and leave again Sunday after dinner (sometimes earlier). And then he'd "disappear" all week long, and I'd get the lines about how he "just didn't have time" to call, etc, and I was being unreasonable, etc.

After I totally withdrew from the M and was involved in my EA, he quit that job, and took the same position with a smaller company that promised him that he'd only travel up to 25% of the time-- it was in his contract, and they were gonna pay him more. It just so happens this year it occurs all at once. He really changed his attitude at first when he got the new job... but I was really too far withdrawn and too deep into the EA much to care by then. It obviously got to me and I bought it eventually tho-- I'm home, aren't I? Tonight was the last night I had to get through... and he pulls this crap.

So while we have time... (haha, at this rate, I got all night...)... what in god's green earth do I say/do when he does call? Sushi with the client had to have been over long ago, its now almost 10:30 there. No restaurant is open that late on a THURSDAY. So he's at a bar, for sure, somewhere. Nice. Who knows who with. And he'll lie and tell me a guy anyways, and how the heck am I ever supposed to know?

What do I say? I'm sure he'll have some "perfectly logical" explanation. He always did. Its just there's too many of them for it to have always been a coincidence...

Glad to hear you got your first experience as the "tooth fairy". Cute smile I think I only ever got quarters for my teeth, haha.

ETA: Now up to 4 hours and 36 minute idle...
E.

Last edited by eeyoree; 09/11/08 11:21 PM.

eeyoree #2125956 09/11/08 11:26 PM
D
D
See, now at THIS point I'd be worried he had an accident or something. I hope he's okay.

(And if he DIDN'T have one, he'll wish he HAD, by gum!)

Charlotte

eeyoree #2125959 09/11/08 11:31 PM
T
TJD Offline
T
What to say?

hmmmmmm........

I'll need to think some more.

ME BH 40 - FWW 39

Sons - 9 and 7

DDAY - March 18,2006

Married 10 years

Recovering
T
TJD Offline
T
by gum! Why does he need to buy gum?? laugh

ME BH 40 - FWW 39

Sons - 9 and 7

DDAY - March 18,2006

Married 10 years

Recovering
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
See, now at THIS point I'd be worried he had an accident or something. I hope he's okay.

(And if he DIDN'T have one, he'll wish he HAD, by gum!)

Charlotte

Yeah, I used to think the whole accident thing too. But then I got used to him "disappearing" all the time while out of town. And I stopped worrying about that because it was a million times more likely that he was just ignoring me or didn't care.

This isn't unusal for him. I put up with two years of this exact behavior, nightly. And bought all of his "explanations" of why he didn't/couldn't call.

Really it was simple, he just didn't care enough to call.

Plus, he doesn't even have a rental car there, apparently. He has been staying in a hotel close enough to the client that he just walks back and forth, and took a taxi from the airport.

Million to one odds he's out at the bar...

I wouldn't worry about an accident until tomorrow morning, if I hadn't heard from him. And even then, I think I'd suspect an accidental "staying in someone else's bed" than an actual accident.

Maybe I'm just cynical. It comes from literal YEARS of his disappearing acts and making me seem like I'm the crazy one for expecting a phone call while he's out of town...

E.

PS- 4 hours, 45 minutes. But who's counting? :crosseyedcrazy:

Seriously, what in god's green earth do I say to him when/if he reappears?!? If I said what was in my head right.... rant2

TJD #2125964 09/11/08 11:34 PM
D
D
Originally Posted by TJD
by gum! Why does he need to buy gum?? laugh

rotflmao

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......you GOT me!!!!!

rotflmao

eeyoree #2125965 09/11/08 11:36 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Oh, and BTW... I called his hotel room. No answer. So he's not in there... or at least smart enough to not answer... or too busy to answer... skeptical

E.

eeyoree #2125967 09/11/08 11:38 PM
D
D
UGH!!! That just sucks!!!

I don't blame you for: rant2 , either.

I wouldn't know WHAT to say.

I would probably say, "You B******D!!!!!!!!!!!!" For starters.

He's probably drunk by now and will call you drunk or wait until the a.m., hoping you have cooled off by then. I'm just guessing here, though.

Charlotte

eeyoree #2125970 09/11/08 11:41 PM
T
TJD Offline
T
I think your million to one odds are right.

What to say after he's been drinking???

Your tone of voice is likely to say it all.

Do you want this to be the catalyst for him to come clean on everything? My bet is he is/has been hiding alot from you.

What do you want to come out of this?

ME BH 40 - FWW 39

Sons - 9 and 7

DDAY - March 18,2006

Married 10 years

Recovering
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
I would probably say, "You B******D!!!!!!!!!!!!" For starters.

Hmmm... that's quite kind compared to what I was thinking wink

He's probably drunk by now and will call you drunk or wait until the a.m., hoping you have cooled off by then. I'm just guessing here, though.

While the drinking part in and of itself bothers me, its not as much as WHO HE'S WITH. Really, what client stays out until now 10:45 with their auditor, drinking, when they have to work the next day? Maybe I just don't get the corporate world...

Although, if he DOES decide to call tonight, I'm gonna get the same old song and dance, and I'd put my bank account that it gets turned around on me and is somehow all my fault... especially if he's been drinking. He's a little "looser" with his anger after he's been drinking.

I'll never know who he's with tho... he'll lie to me if he is out with some woman, because he knows it is grounds for immediate plan B (not that he has the first clue what plan B is, but I'm fairly confident I made it clear that this behavior is unacceptable and I will toss his @ss if it continues.)

He'll lie. What way do I ever have to find out? Unless I can find someone on MB from Calgary that wants to go on a hunt for me, right now... rotflmao

At least I'll know (or should know) if he even comes home tonight. I'll just always doubt who he was with, especially since he turned his cell off and didn't bother to call all night. That just makes it shady, IMO.

E.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 103 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation