Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 39 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 38 39
P
P
GF has to work so I'm off to make bullets for next weekend's shoot.

The weekend at the wineries earned me a new toy that I'll pick up next Friday afternoon from the gun store.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
M
M
Had an awesome weekend with my kids. (I just love hanging out with them!) My son had a football championship this weekend. 2 games Saturday and 2 on Sunday. His team ended up coming in second place over all and got a huge trophy plus some MVP medals. We sat in pouring down rain to watch the games but who cares? I'll be sitting in snow to watch them soon!

I have found that, as long as I have my children, nothing else matters in life. That is why I would really like to have one or two more... They grow up way too fast.

I have to say, this move has been so great. The kids in this new community have really accepted my children. I was nervous at first, as I know a new school can be hard. But they have melded right in and the kids have been great. The ones on my son's football team just took him right in like they had known him their whole lives. I do think it helped that I had them involved in the summer youth programs so they met some of the kids already. But I am just so thankful that God has protected them like this, and made this move a very smooth transition.

Now that it is fall and then winter, I can tell you my weekend plans already: football, then hockey. That is where I will be until next March on every weekend! And I wouldn't have it any other way...

hurray

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

B
B
Had a fun time at the concert for a different take on the music scene via Cross Canadian Ragweed, a lot of caps in the audience and some very drunken revelers, so in addition to the entertainment there was an amusing audience, very crowed, and I scooted out before the last song and headed to the local tavern back home, having 2-beers with Dave and Jo Ellen and Dave and I had a very long and very political discussion. Headed home at about 01:15 as the 3 of us agreed we were tired.

From that point onward I did not leave the neighborhood the rest of the weekend. I didn’t feel like going anyplace and wanted some alone-time. Did bunches of yard work Saturday and partied at neighbor Tim’s house in the evening. Sunday did major housework and caught up on some sleep. Nice weather all of the way around with the windows open since Friday.

This weekend, I watched “Fearless”, 4 out of 5, “Deep Water”, 3 out of 5, and “We Own the Night”, struggling for a 3 out of 5. Netflix has restarted after a 90-day vacation. There were quite a few themes in “Fearless” that resonated with me. I view my divorce as a death-like experience.

So relatively low-key for me but it's what I wanted.

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
C
C
NOW, IN KEEPING WITH THE "IDIOTVILLE" THEME:

REAL LETTER I GOT FROM ONE OF MY DOCTORS:

rotflmaorotflmaorotflmaorotflmao

This is to inform you that, after carefful and agonizing consideration, I will be retiring from clinical medical practice as of August 31, 2008 in order to pursue unique intellectual property development opportunities in intraoperative nerve integrity monitoring. I also expect to do more songwriting, which one of the main reasons that I came to...

rotflmaorotflmaorotflmaorotflmao

B
B
And your weekend was?

W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
C
C
ok...too short...nice

And, I got my hair cut off....i'm lucky if it's an inch long at the back hairline.

M
M
but you did it for a wonderful cause.

you are MUCH braver than I am cind.

Too funny on the drs. letter!

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

A
A
Cin.....I wanna see pictures!!!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
When I find my digital camera, I will post some.

D
OP Offline
D
Wow here it is Wednesday and I forgot about last weekend!!!

I had bowling guy put my ceiling fan up and track lighting in my hallway up!!! I still don't get him!!!

Then I had a bunch of girl friends come over for girls night and we ate, drank, watched movies and had a ball!!! Sandy has a new boyfriend that she knew 25 years ago and hooked up with online. One minute the guy is a nerd and she is moving on and then he is the sweetest thing in the world and dotes all over her. It's fun to watch!!! Connie and I believe that this is the one!! But anyways Connie says to Sandy that the new BF reminds her of Shrek-Sandy was offended by comparing him to a big green guy and Connie is no, no it's how he dotes on you!!! I just happen to have a full size movie poster of Shrek in my basement so Connie and I run down and take pics and send to Sandy!!! So now when george calls Shrek appears on her phone!!!! Love is so grand!!!!

My YD is bowling on my league Sunday nights with a team of guys, we started this past week. It's going to be way to much fun, they pick on her unmercifully and she dishes it right back at them as well as giving it back to bowling guy who I am still bowling with!!! She carries a higher average then any of the guys so she will get hers back in!!!!

This weekend I get to put a new window in my dining room, finish up insulating the family room floor and go help bowling guy with the PeeWee bowlers, and then bowling myself on Sunday night!!!

My life is boring, haven't played quarters in a long time, nor done any online dating. HELP I need a life!!!!!

Dawn

S
S
Looks like my weekend is going to be spent riding out Hurricane Ike. Crap... This is really, REALLY going to suck.

A
A
Seabird please stay safe

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
S
S
I'm going to try. NHC is forecasting a possible monster. I'm 60 miles inland and not in any of the storm surge zones. We bugged out of town when it looked like Rita was going to hit along with every other Tom, [censored], and Harry. The roads were jammed up like crazy and there were probably more fatalities because of the evac than there would have been if most people had just stayed. I'm not going through that again. I'm a little concerned with flooding, but mostly with high wind and tornadoes. I really hope that Ike doesnt' intensify into a high Cat 3 or 4.

The aftermath is going to suck too. No telling how long we'll be without power, etc... crazy

N
N
I'll be taking the PRAXIS 2 test for art. Yikes!! NOT looking forward to that. Most people who take it tell me they come away certain they've failed.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
T
T
Hope everything turns out ok Seabird.

I've got my mom visiting Saturday. Sunday my partboarder is taking my horse to a show. In between there I need to finish painting my hallway and get my laundry done. I might try to go out Saturday night if possible but we'll have to see.

P
P
I go and pick up my new toy from the gun store tomorrow!

After the shoot, I gotta put 2 more tires on GF's car and then she wants to go eat.

She doesn't like to go shooting so that is my "alone time" where I can just go relieve my stress, the concussions bother her nerves. Another effect of her brain injury.

Sunday we are going to go to the thrift stores and possibly a movie.

She also wants to go look at new cell phones as mine is still all broken up from the wreck I had back in April and her's is the one my XW gave me. She don't mind it, but she wants one of the cooler new phones.

We also are going to look at some houses to rent closer to work. I'm driving 60 miles now and it's really getting to me after a year of driving it.

It's costing me over $120 a week in fuel alone, but my review is at the end of this month and there will be a substantial salary increase, I don't want to spend my raise on fuel, I'd rather spend it on a house.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
C
C
Originally Posted by AllurinGreenEyes
Cin.....I wanna see pictures!!!

Here is a link:

Hair Cut

B
B
There, I changed the date on the subject to this weekend.

Friday night I'm uncertain and can always go to the Irish pub that I like, the food is good, the atmosphere good, the scenery excellent, and did drop some hints towards my luncheon date of yesterday that I would be available if she wanted to do something. I also need to perform a few errands out in preparation for the wedding that I'll attend of my neighbors Mike and Gen on Saturday.

I have a bonus on this check and am interested in some good-sized trees for the backyard from the local nursery run by two brothers, one of whom I know as he sits on the P&Z board. They're open limited hours on Saturday and I want to seek their advice on what to have them plant. Then the wedding is in the ex-town at noon at a Catholic Church and I really want to go being an official Catholic now. The reception is back in my town at the Knights of Columbus hall at 17:00. I'd like to get something done between the wedding and the reception if possible.

No plans yet for Sunday and a lot will depend on the weather and the prediction is that the remnants of the hurricane will bless up with another 4-5 inches of rain, so I might be checking the movie theater schedules.

Good luck to those in the hurricane's path. Please prepare as I do with over 100-bottles of wine, many bottles of bourbon (snake-bites and such), and about 100-cigars, that should tide me over and would be a good basis for anyone's emergency kit. If you're going to suffer, you might as well suffer happy!

S
S
Well things are getting *interester and interester... Turns out the XW had some surprise emergency outpatient surgery today. Tonight is my single overnight, and normally I'd take them to school on Fri morning and they'd spend the rest of the weekend with their mother. The X had agreed that they kids would be best weathering the storm with her since she's a little further west, has a 2nd story, is protected on two sides (town house), and has resources to bug out to Austin if necessary. The plan was for her to pick them up from my house tomorrow afternoon, but apparently she's in a lot of pain from the procedure. There's a decent chance the kids will end up staying with me throughout the weekend.

Jill will also be here with her sister and her dog. This will put me in a technical violation of the decree since we're not allowed to have any unmarried, unrelated members of the opposite sex overnight while the kids are present. I'm doing her a favor though so she's just going to have make an exception for me.

I'm the one who insisted on the restriction anyway, so she might not even care one way or the other.

*I know that's not really a word. It's a pop culture reference.

C
C
cinderalla, that is really amazing. My daughter is doing that next year when she goes to college, gonna cut all her hair off and die it.

seabird, I am at Lake Houston - hopefully the side that doesn't flood.

Page 12 of 39 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation