Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 100 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 99 100
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Just like Noah...hee hee.

Hopefully Gramps is doing ok without his pens and pocket protector. They are on the drier, having been washed but not dried.

The Dervish missed his regular breakfast again and had to take a PBJ. He used the last of his breakfast time to fight with Mr. C, who also missed his breakfast. (He's been having kind of a hard day, all self-inflicted.) It's about an hour till lunch, since our stomachs are still on MT time.

Yay for such effective threats from Cinders!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Oh. :MrEEk::MrEEk::MrEEk::MrEEk::MrEEk::MrEEk::MrEEk::MrEEk::MrEEk:

My.
crazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazycrazy

Word. faintfaintfaintfaintfaintfaintfaintfaintfaintfaint

blush

This post had nothing to do with what the Dervish said about me to the teacher. THAT was rather flattering--I hope the teacher realized that!!--and a compliment to her vigilance (inconvenient) and strictness (unappreciated)! laugh I was commenting on the dinner last night, where I received one of the biggest surprises of my life...in that it was actually a surprise. A shock. A Holy Cow, a WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting evening...

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
So don't keep us in suspense, now that we know we're in suspense.

Also, Mr. C wants you to call him when you can.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
grin

I'll call him right now. What am I threatening him about this time? Oh, wait--that would be if YOU wanted me to call him. :RollieEyes:

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
He found a DVD you were looking for, and he is very proud of himself. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
T&L said:
This post had nothing to do with what the Dervish said about me to the teacher. THAT was rather flattering--I hope the teacher realized that!!--and a compliment to her vigilance (inconvenient) and strictness (unappreciated)! \:D I was commenting on the dinner last night, where I received one of the biggest surprises of my life...in that it was actually a surprise. A shock. A Holy Cow, a WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting evening...

I know she does that on purpose.

Not sure why though, she ought to know we are interested in whatever she writes, even if she doesn't set us up first.

So glad to hear GOOD NEWS from AW. Thanks for the report.

Glad Neak is safely home. Or is it no longer home for Neak?
Did I ever tell you I have a hard time keeping up.

Cinderella, how are your two doing? Not much news from you about them this last little while.

Hi CC !! Thanks for the comments.

Thanks to every one else too.

Neak Sis, how is the garden?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
T
T
I know she does that on purpose.

Yes, she certainly does!!!!!!!!! rotflmao

C
C
:crosseyedcrazy:

T
T
Just a quick note before we leave for dinner again. Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! OK, that was it! kiss

T
T
I lied. flirt

We went out to dinner last night at the house of one of my dad's former students. She's 4 or 5 years older than I am, so I was expecting to see her, one of my classmates, and maybe a couple of other women in that age bracket. Unbeknownst to me, she had larger plans. The was a whole BUSLOAD of people there, mostly from her class--all people my dad had taught once upon a time. That was all cool.

However, thinking it was just a small get-together, and since another former student is staying at the same house we are--so we visited until the last possible minute--I really quickly took off my favorite t-shirt (It has the skeleton of a dog on it with the caption "In dog years, I'm dead.") I'd been planning to wear until I dropped a glob of avocado goo on it during lunch, grabbed a casual (yet clean) shirt--unironed-and dashed out the door. We got to the house and walked in. The very first person I saw, sitting out on the patio, was my boyfriend from junior/senior year, brief fiance my freshman year of college--from whom I had a very acrimonious split, too! Fortunately, that was 42 years ago, long enough for us to have seen each other a number of times since and have a friendly relationship now...but still. blush It's not that I want him to pine for me, but I don't want him to feel a sense of RELIEF, either! So I was greeted with great friendliness and introduced to his perfectly made-up and coiffed "friend" while I stood there in my wrinkled clothes and tousled hair and simultaneously made scintillating chit-chat and mentally went, "Crapcrapcrapcrap!"

For those of you who remember The Sad Saga of OtherSusan the Stupid, this is NOT MS, but the young gentleman known as the Sipper of Nectar, for his wandering eye and mind. I don't think he's changed much. We're leaving for a program now and we'll be seeing him again--"Let's sit together, Susan"--and I assure you tonight is not a repeat of last night in either garb or preparedness. rotflmao

C
C
Yeah, I have those moments, too.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Me too. I had one just this morning. Thank you, Neaksis. Picture little flowery pajama pants,t-shirt, and little flip=floppy heels since they were the only slip on shoes I could find on short notice. Then she parked across the street from her house and made me mince across and up the driveway, in full view of the whole neighborhood and the mother taking her small daughter for a drag around the block.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Not even close, dearie. Not even close. Maybe if you had Jaime el Primero answering the door, but not until then! kiss

Well, at last night's event, they passed out the program for the weekend. Sunday night is the big banquet--$225 for the 3 of us. I was told that there would be a vegetarian dish for the non-carnivores and meat for the others. And this is correct. The menu lists THREE meat dishes for those who attend to ingest the decaying corpses of dead things: (1) Seared Island Snapper with Ponzo Ginger Butter, (2) Grilled Breast of Chicken with Peppercorn Brandy Sauce, and (3) Petite Teriyaki Steak with Green Onions and Sesame Seeds.

How many choices do the vegetarians get? Well, we get one. I''m sure by now my daughters, at any rate, are curious as to what that ONE choice is. What sumptuous feast will be set before me at the end of my long journey across the ocean to attend this festive event? I'm glad you asked. sicksicksicksicksickEggplant Parmesansicksicksicksicksickpuke I'm bringing along my bag of pretzels, that's what I'M doing! I guess Neakbro and I will be having bread, salad, and dessert. I'm going to make up for this today at the Japanese church potluck. You just watch me. My muumuu is big. It can take it.

T
T
Not that I'm bitter! rant2

C
C
You know, I think I'd let them know that for $80 a head, I expected more.

T
T
Breaded, fried snot with cheese. Yum.

C
C
Maybe you should show up with your purchased-elsewhere stir-fried tofu? I'd rather have a good salad than breaded and fried snot with cheese.

A
A
Rella you have it right !!! rant2

TL you need to go buy a cheap thermo carry bag and stop at a decent vege restaurant on the way to the event and buy a few GREAT meals ...... like Tagliatelle with Broccoli & Wild Mushroom Sauce and Stuffed Peppers with a Savoury Cashew Sauce and stuffed mushrooms and Stuffed Jacket Potatoes ..... which I'm wanting to eat right now ....sour cream, cheese and spring onion filling ...... and eat THAT in front of them. laugh faint

Then tell them that you are allergic to eggplant sick and ask for a refund grumble :twobyfour: redflag

I'm thinking that the Tagliatelle would go so well with the potatoes right this minute as well. think grin

Followed by some dead decaying animal like spicy mex chicken and rice rotflmao

however someone would have to cook it all :RollieEyes: sigh

Liz where is the pizza shop number????? crazy

uhuh oh well at least Mikey had Macca's for dinner tonight ... nuggets and chips ... didn't leave a chip either. shocked

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
hug(((((AW))))) hug

Is it really you? How are you? How is Liz?

A
A
Each day I try to enjoy something from each of the four food groups:
the chocolate group, laugh
the salty-snack group, grin
the caffeine group, and the dance2 "whatever-the-thing-in-the-tinfoil-in-the-back-of-the-fridge-is" group. puke

uhuh

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

Page 38 of 100 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation