Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 39 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 38 39
B
B
I was thinking that Dawn was in jail and only checking in occasionally! (wink)

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
S
S
Originally Posted by Tabby1
Saturday night we (my BF and I) attempted to watch a movie but the power went out half way through. So we went upstairs to get candles (we were in the basement - totally pitch black). Got some candles lit...
The story read well up to this point.

...and the power came back on. So we went back down to resume the movie...

I fear for this relationship. LOL! laugh

T
T
You didn't even ask what kind of movie it was!!! (it was actually a chick flick!)

BTW, cribbage by candlelight is more romantic than you would think. You have to lean in fairly close to see your cards and the pegs. I'm sure neither one of us has done it before.

C
C
Candlelight and boyfriend...sounds good to me.

G
G
Is Scrabble by 60 watt comparable? If so I'll be doing that with girlfriend tonight.

Last edited by gekko; 09/16/08 02:25 PM.

I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be (my) style.
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
D
OP Offline
D
I have detention every day!!!!!!

I am the In School Suspension lady at our HS and part of my job is detention after school!!!

I love my job I am paid to be mean!!!!!

I really do love the kids and working with them.

Dawn

booka I will try and get back to you today at the start of detention!

T
T
40 watt would be better, though if I were you I'd pull the plug and get out the scented candles!!!!

P
P
ONE OF MY TWIN BROTHER'S RESCUED COCKATOOS MADE BIRD TALK MAGAZINE!!!!

Tiki was abused, naked, mutilated and totally nurotic when he got her 5 years ago.

Now after years of patience, rehab and a whole lotta love, she is in the top 4 in Bird Talk Magazine's birdy dance off!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd48/screamingcockatoo/mag1.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd48/screamingcockatoo/mag2.jpg

The video...

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
A
A

Saturday night we (my BF and I) attempted to watch a movie but the power went out half way through. So we went upstairs to get candles (we were in the basement - totally pitch black). Got some candles lit...

The story read well up to this point.

...and the power came back on. So we went back down to resume the movie...

I'm with Seabird on this one!!!!!! Cribbage would have been my third or fourth choice of "things to do" with a candlelit hour to kill. laugh

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
A
A
Pariah

My daughter and I loved the video of Tiki! Thanks for sharing it!

Ronda

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
Tiki was great. smile

Dawn, glad to know your not really in detention. stickout

BTW, I wouldn't have been playing cribbage by candlelight. :RollieEyes:

D
OP Offline
D
pariah-- I can't view the video from school!!! you tube is blocked!!!

I did get to see the pics that is cool that you and your brother have the same interest, are there lots of those in your lives?

Cin--I kind of like detention it is the quiet part of my day before I go home, staff has left the building, so there are no interuptions!

booka-- as you can see I am 47 have been divorced since '02. My focus has been on my kids and getting them raised, then it was helping my daughter thru her divorce and the grandkids, my youngest is a senior and so I will be doing the empty nest thing next fall.

When I have friends that reach the empty nest stage I put together a basket of goodies for two and I had Cali from this site write a poem about being empty nesters and how this is the time to focus back on the two of you!!!

Well this summer I realized that I am alone and this is not where I seen myself in life at this point.

Up until this summer I hadn't dated. I tried the online thing, visited with a few guys, meet one or two, went on a date or two.
Have had a number of guys interested in me and have asked me for email and such, and then I hear nothing.

I volunteer at church, with the youth bowling program, I bowl one night a week, there are not many eligible single guys my age in my world. I have went to countless festivals and sporting events this year. I do go out with friends and listen to live music in different venue's in the community. I even offered a reward once if kids in my Youth to Youth group or Church youth group could come up with a date for me. I am by no means a knock out in the looks area, but not going to hurt anyones eye sight!

So I guess for me right now there is not a future with a guy in it for me, and that is ok, I thought by this time in my life there would be someone special for me!

So booka, tell me what it is that I am not doing!!!! And I don't have any cats!!!!!!

Dawn

B
B
Dawn,

It's simply, you're in reactive mode waiting for someone to notice you and do all of the heavy lifting. Everyone, including men, want to be pursued. Very few want to work at pursuing others. You will need to be far bolder than you are now and you will need to introduce yourself to every single man that you meet that's legal in age or above. Cultivate male friends for dating advice. If we were to meet in person I could give you a complete plan in about the first 5-minutes or less. Save the shy-flower routine, heck, don't save it, toss it out the window. You will need to be a huntress. No one is going to knock on your front door and rescue you from yourself. You will not have overnight success. You will need to work on the fundamentals, how to meet people, how to converse, etc. You need to put yourself in proactive mode.

If you introduce youself to every eligible male that you encounter, you are going to start to get good at meeting people. When you get the deer-in-the-headlights look, have some fun and toss them away. Continue until you find someone that matches your level of friendliness and who will look you in the eye. That's a start. My strongest advice is to seek out a personality type just like yours and preferably someone who shares your interest. Opposites attract but make poor partners.

Wit, personality, intelligence, approachability, openness, honesty, directness, tenacity, and confidence are all requirements of attraction that go beyond the purely physical. Have them all in abundance.

Avoid being needy, irrational, fragile, passive-aggressive, manipulative, and game playing. If you like a man, tell him. If you're attracted to him, tell him. If both, give him a problem to solve and he'll be hooked. If you're attracted to him, on the first real date kiss him and make it count. Avoid having sex on the first date. There should be a gradual escalation to sex.

I should write a book targeted for the female audience! smile

W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
B
B
And Dawn, if you want to get more detailed, you can always email me. I can put you in touch with both male and female advisers.

P
P
Originally Posted by daybreak
pariah-- I can't view the video from school!!! you tube is blocked!!!

I did get to see the pics that is cool that you and your brother have the same interest, are there lots of those in your lives?

You won't be disappointed when you get to watch it.

I am a a licensed rehabber. My XW HATED my love of birds, but my one and only companion bird is Roxy. The wild ones come and go and some, their spirit must be cast unto the heavens.

pic

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
D
OP Offline
D
booka,

I am proactive.I am friendly and a very smiling person, I nod or greet everyone I meet with a hi or hello. I might just see them in the aisle or something.

I want to let a guy know that I am interested, BUT I want them to pursue me, I am old fashioned in that way I guess, but most of the friends that I have have said the same things.

I have asked a couple of guys how much they want to be pursued by a woman and they have said that it makes a women look needy and clingy and that turns them off!!

Approachability is one area that I struggle with. I would say that my self confidence, not arrogance, self confidence, puts people off from coming up to me!!!! I don't play the dumb blonde well!

I can say that I am passive/aggressive some, I try to take the lead from the guy and then lose patience when there is nothing to follow. I am a leo so have a personality that is to lead!! I work on that one constantly.

Give him a problem to solve, I don't get this one, what 1,000, 199 X 79? I don't get it spell it out for me!!!

If I am attracted and feel that the attraction is returned there is always a good first kiss!!! There is never nor will there ever be sex on the first date!

Dawn

G
G
I have my daughter this weekend because she is having surgery next week and will be with her mom over the next two weeks convalescing so...

Tonight - my daughter, my girlfriend, and I are making dinner together and playing games.

Saturday; daughter and I are going to the park together in the morning then after lunch my girlfriend is taking her to get nails done, then the three of us are going to the fair with our close friends. I am not eating all day so I can share a funnel cake with my daughter, lol.

Sunday - church, then daughter and I are going to watch football together and goof off.

I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be (my) style.
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
B
B
I am seriously thinking about taking this afternoon off if the weather cooperates to catch-up on some outdoor projects. I have 6 shrubs, 4 lavender plants, and I picked up 2 of something called nandina (heavenly bamboo, it's not really bamboo) that just looked too interesting to pass by. I am a plant addict! Would like to get those planted in the backyard because I have no room to plant any in the front yard without establishing a new bed. That will get the plants out of the driveway so that I can then degrease and pressure wash the driveway in order to apply sealer to it tomorrow. Then on Sunday 4 of us neighbors will rent an aerator for 4-hours and hare it each for an hour, so I'll run over the back yard for sure and have 25-pounds of fescue seed at the ready, I probably won't do the front yard at all. There;s other things I can do, like mow the grass, hang storm doors, shop for trees, etc.

I haven't a clue as to what my entertainment opportunities are as of yet. I am various stages of communication with several women and there's always the possibility of something occurring there. Top priority are my household projects.

The weather here is very nice with low 80's during the day, low humidity, and overnight lows in the upper 50's. It was a beautiful misty morning.

T
T
I SO want to take the afternoon off as we are having a very beautiful day which has been so rare for 2008. However, I can't. And besides, I still have a whole pile of painting to do so I wouldn't be able to relax doing something fun.

C
C
gotta get ready for German student who will be spending 2.5 weeks w/ us.

Page 14 of 39 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation