Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 39 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 38 39
D
OP Offline
D
UGH!!! I didn't wake up til 6:50 this morning and had to be at school for detention by 7:15--- I made it!!! no make up though!!!

Church youth are going camping so have to deliver their food stuff after work, have to be back here for football game at 5:30 am supervising behind the grandstand and telling middle schoolers to stop doing that. I get $15 an hour so not bad and it's job security as by the way these middle schoolers behave I am going to see them in the HS ISS room in a year or two!!!!! I love my job!!!!

Tomorrow I have to hang drywall and finish around the new window that we put in last weekend. Also have to do something about the siding outside, but bought shutters that I think will fill in the gap that was created and I don't have to play jigsaw puzzle trying to put stuff back!!!

Have to go help bowling guy with the PeeWees again. I wrote out a dialog to try out on him about there being more then friendship. Don't kow that I am going to try it out this weekend though!!!

Will paint the front of the house before next Wednesday, that is my goal as my folks are out of town til then!!!

Sunday is church and then I want to go up to a festival in one of the hills town and hang out, they are having wine tasting all kinds of things, and then Sunday night bowling!!!

Busy as always!!! But I like it that way!!!!

Dawn

T
T
Gosh Dawn, you do more home reno stuff in one weekend than I do in a week! How do you do it??? I've been painting the same hallway for a month now! First I had to repair the ceiling - that took 2 or 3 muddings and sandings. Then I had to peel off a bunch of wallpaper. Then I had to prime over all the repair work, plus the whole section that was previously wallpaper. Then I had to paint trim - 2 coats. This was a major job - 7 1/2 door frame (ugh). Then the ceiling (2 coats). Then the walls - 2 colours, 2 coats each. I'm on the second coat of each. After this will be the front of the stairs (saving until last because the ladder leans against them). Each step is a different day. I have other things to do so I can't always work on it every day. It's taking AGES!!!!!!!

C
C
Back when I thought I was going to get my mom's house as an early inheritance and that I would then be selling my house, I bought some portable scaffolding. Have never had a chance to use it. And, I still have my bil's power roller. I think I should get around to doing some painting just because I have the equipment. Anyone offering any paint donations?

A
A
3 DAYS OFF!!! Football game tonight....and it's gonna be COLD. Was 41 when I got up this morning!! I'M NOT READY FOR SNOW!!!!

I should do some stuff around here this weekend. I still have gallons of paint here to paint my living room and daughters bedroom....bring your supplies!! laugh

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
T
T
I have lots of paint in many colours! We could have a painting party! I'll supply beer!

A
A
Sounds like a party to me!!!!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
B
B
Originally Posted by Tabby1
I have lots of paint in many colours! We could have a painting party! I'll supply beer!

I work for beer and pizza.

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
D
OP Offline
D
I have the whole outside of a 1200 sq ft house to get painted. But I pay with Steak & baked potato and beer!!!! But quality of worker!!!HAHA!!! All are welcome!!!!!

Tabby I did a hall earlier this summer with 6 doors, did laminate flooring and replaced all the trim work!!! Next summer is a front deck and double car garage. I do work best between 10pm and midnight!!! My quiet time!

You know maybe the guys I have been meeting see all the household jobs on my agenda and that is why they run!!!!! Think they might be asked to help or something!! I hint and if help isn't offered, I drop it, it's not their house and not their responsibility.

Dawn

B
B
Steak and baked potato will get you a better job from me, say more paint on the house and less paint on me or anything else.

W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
T
T
The purpose of the beer is so when you smudge over the line it doesn't look too bad. If you have a really difficult section to paint, something like vodka or scotch may be required.

A
A
okay I up the ante...steak, potato, beer and PEANUTS!! LOL

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
D
OP Offline
D
I do a mean cheesecake!!!!! And I will throw in a tossed salad!!!

Dawn

A
A
I'll throw in Backrubs and Head massages!!! laugh

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
B
B
Originally Posted by AllurinGreenEyes
okay I up the ante...steak, potato, beer and PEANUTS!! LOL

Peanuts in the shell salted and we might have a deal. I might add that I'm 6'2" with long arms and work some things without a ladder. No fear of heights either.

C
C
Whose house is first? What is the address? If you're within a couple of hours of me, I am available mid-October. I will require, in addition to the aforementioned enducements, payment for gasoline if it can be found in my area. We are having a real gas shortage for some reason. Lots of places don't have gas or they have only one grade.

S
S
Originally Posted by cinderella
We are having a real gas shortage for some reason. Lots of places don't have gas or they have only one grade.

"For some reason"??? Between the two of them, Ike and Gustav knocked out 40% of this nation's refining capacity. That's what happens when a key component of the energy infrastructure is nearly regulated out of business and forced to concentrate itself along a hurricane prone stretch of coastline.

C
C
Right now, getting gasoline in my area is much harder than it was following 'KaRita'.

D
OP Offline
D
Well we are probably to far apart to do both houses, so you might have to pick and choose.

But hey I can through in a personalized tour of Mt. Rushmore and can probably work out a deal to get you to the top of the heads and into the storage rooms behind the faces!!!!!

For as much as I do with kids, I am going to pick the weekend of Oct 11-13 it's a 3 day weekend and offer to do a burger burn and sodas for all those youth that show up. They are way cheaper to feed then people our age!!!!

But booka--I do hate heights so you and the long arms are welcome it's only 13 hour drive from St Louie!!!!!

Dawn

B
B
And Dawn, I've heard that SD is actually nice as compared to ND. I've been to Bismarck/Mandan in ND twice and there is little on this earth that could get me to live there. I had a memorable week there in January several years ago where the weekly high was -20, yes -20. The question is how much painting season do you have with your weather?

It supposed to be 82 for high and upper 50's for the lows here for the next few days with what has been very low humidity, quite nice for this time of year and making some very misty mornings.

What is your mid-October weather like? How far is the airport from you?

C
C
Wow! I'll be sure to come see you the next time I'm in the area. I was in the Black Hills in 2002 at the same time as the Sturgis rally but NOT for the rally...matter of coincidence.

A few years ago, maybe 3, I did the Volksmarch at Crazy Horse. It was awesome!

Page 15 of 39 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation