Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
That's what we all have in common - how this impacts us. The circumstances of the A may slightly vary, but overall we essentially feel the same. You are NOT abnormal, crazy, etc. You are a deeply wounded soul (hence my SN).

I am so sorry that you have this pain too. I really am. I wish nobody had to go through this - ever - it's horrible.

Me(bw/fww) 39
recovering with amazing fwh/bh 36
DS 7
DS 4

His
EA Oct '07 - 7/2/08 (d-day)
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

T
T
You are right , we share a pain no one will ever know without going thru it.I would never have thought after 35 years that this could have happened, to us. Nightmare is the best word I can find. Every waking minute, I am consumed by emotions I never knew I had. Anger, hate, jealousy,tears,and strangely feelings of love are all combined and surface spontaniously. After 3 weeks although much better, still breakdown uncontrollably trying to rationalize, next steps. I am going to counselling myself to deal with me first and it's helping. W is going thru withdrawal and not ready to participate in counselling and still dealing with her devils. Surreal is the word. No real communicatin yet and she is still making up her mind as to her next steps. I don;t tink she can deal with this by herself,, it'sto big, ergo, she is in turmoil.I am waiting and supporting as best I can but being accused of "pushing too hard". She cannot let go of the A even though she was dropped abruptly. What does it take ? n spite of the A I would go to the ends of the earth for her. Am I an idiot? Can't live without her...

L
L
Originally Posted by gettingitback
It took a while for the whole thing to sink in and for the devastation he caused to set in. Initially I think he thought we'd just move on and I'd get over it. Then reality set in. Sorry but I'm not going to be trampled on like this and 'just get over it.' I've got a lot going on for myself and I don't need to stay in this marriage. But the kids kept me here and the fact that my FWH is extraordinarily remorseful. He has said over and over that he will do anything to make things better and to show me how much he loves me. He hates who he was and what he did. He sees the OW as having no redeeming qualities. (I'm still pissed off he didn't see this when she was hitting on him).

GIB,
This sounds like my story and REALITY has set in for both me and FWH. REALITY is....this is not going away any time soon. And yes, it is for my kids too why I stay and why he is so sorry. Sometimes I wasn't to say TO H*** with you. How DARE you do this to me and expect me to hurry up and get over it.

BW (Me) 40
WH 40
D-Day March 2008
Co-Worker Affair lasted 13 months
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation