Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
M
M
I think entering negotiations and making it perfectly clear that 10 minutes after they level an attack against Israel, we would in turn make Tehran the largest parking lot in the world, may just shut them up.

A President does not have to sit with another leader to make this clear. I would make the statement....and then suggest that when they back off of their "destroy Israel" stance, we will have something to talk about. Until then, there is no reason to give that nut-job an audience.....much less let him come into our country and spout his rhetoric.

C
C
Originally Posted by medc
I think entering negotiations and making it perfectly clear that 10 minutes after they level an attack against Israel, we would in turn make Tehran the largest parking lot in the world, may just shut them up.

I will check out the link. BUT, I understand that McCain has only said that PRESIDENTIAL talks should not be held without preconditions...and I agree 100%. I have not heard him say that diplomatic talks should not take place...in fact, I have heard him say the opposite.

Obama now has adopted McCain's position after realizing he misspoke about HIS sitting down with these leaders without conditions.

Presidential talks are NEVER undertaken without preconditions. Obama's position that he would do so was absolutely unheard of.

Summit meetings are risky things to hold in the first place, from a diplomatic standpoint. There is a reason we have ambassadors and embassies and Secretaries of State, after all.

When the President of the United States meets with another nation's leader, it DOES legitimize that leader in the eyes of the world. Even though the US is a superpower, when the President meets with the leader of another country, they do so as equals, and in this sense some of the "prestige" of the United States is conferred upon the leader he meets with. Prestige is a very important quality in international relations, and has a lot to do with the perceived legitimacy of a government.

Most Presidents also are very careful about who they meet with for the simple fact that meeting the wrong person would be unwise, politically. A photograph of a US President embracing (or even shaking hands with) someone like Pol Pot, Idi Amin or Adolf Hitler would be political dynamite in the hands of the opposition.

Obama was ignorant of both of these considerations when he made that promise to meet with Ahmedinijad "without preconditions". That doesn't say much for his judgement, in my opinion.

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
M
M
[quote] [Obama was ignorant of both of these considerations when he made that promise to meet with Ahmedinijad "without preconditions". That doesn't say much for his judgement, in my opinion./quote]

agreed.

M
M
The Obama Campaign has tried to mislead Americans into believing that Obama never said he would meet with Ahmadinejad, which is a lie. Here is video of Obama himself in September 2007 clearly stating he believed there was nothing wrong with negotiating with Ahmadinejad. Obama even called him by name.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
"Would you be willing to meet with leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, and North Korea without preconditions?"

Here is Obama's response on 2007 SC CNN/YouTube Democratic Debate (23-Jul-2007):

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

K
K
Ah, the sound of desperation.

Divorced
D
D
Originally Posted by Krazy71

rotflmao

Yep!!

A
A
Originally Posted by Krazy71

They now have Cindy, the OW, throwing mud at Obama.. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel....LMAO...

AGG

A
A
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
Originally Posted by AGoodGuy
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
"palling around with terrorists" doesn't come close to the monumental lack of judgment that...

I wish both campaigns would stop with the slime attacks under the guise of "it shows poor judgment"...

I would have greater respect for a candidate who focused on issues instead of trying to make himself look better by making the other guy look worse. I know, wishful thinking...

AGG

I totally agree GG. I HAD a lot of respect for John McCain until last week.

Thanks. I cringe every time I see the candidates (or their surrogates) throw mud. It is so unbecoming and unpresidential, and just worsens my opinion of whoever is doing the slinging. Oddly, both McCain and Obama look uncomfortable doing it, but I guess their advisers keep telling them "sling sling sling"... puke.

AGG

K
K
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
"Would you be willing to meet with leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, and North Korea without preconditions?"

Here is Obama's response on 2007 SC CNN/YouTube Democratic Debate (23-Jul-2007):

I agree with everything he said.

Not talking to our "enemies" is foolish.

You can always invade them without just cause after talks break down.

Divorced
M
M
see, the problem with the Obama crowd is, you can't state facts...like Biden's opinion of both Obama and McCain without them whining like a bunch a 9 year old girls. It's either a racial issue or "swift boat" politics.
How about ...it's the fact.

Ayers is a HUGE problem...and it SHOULD be pointed out.

Biden's opinion of Obama IS relevant...as are his stated views that McCain would be a very good president. Joe Biden said that.

But in typical liberal fashion...it's time to whine when the facts come out. It's a vast right wing conspiracy.

M
M
Even Obama doesn't stand by the comments he made about sitting down with the presidents of those nations. Even he now knows it was a STUPID thing to say.

M
M
see, the problem with the Obama crowd is, you can't state facts...like Biden's opinion of both Obama and McCain without them whining like a bunch a 9 year old girls. It's either a racial issue or "swift boat" politics.
How about ...it's the fact.

Ayers is a HUGE problem...and it SHOULD be pointed out.

Biden's opinion of Obama IS relevant...as are his stated views that McCain would be a very good president. Joe Biden said that.

But in typical liberal fashion...it's time to whine when the facts come out. It's a vast right wind conspiracy.

Indeed

Have you heard about Raila Odinga yet?

LINK

K
K
Whining?

Why would liberals be whining?

The scoreboard says Obama is winning handily, late in the fourth quarter.

Ayers isn't a problem at all. Why would it be? Hilary already tried to make it a problem and failed, months ago.

Todd Palin...now THAT could be a problem for McCain, if the Obama campaign needed the ammo.

Divorced
K
K
That music was SCARY! cry

And the desperation builds...

Divorced
M
M
that's all liberals do...heck, you have it down to a science....so, pull up your big girl panties and at least educate yourself. Then vote your conscience.

K
K
that's all liberals do...heck, you have it down to a science....so, pull up your big girl panties and at least educate yourself. Then vote your conscience.

It's called 'winning', not 'whining'.

My conscience tells me that every American is morally obligated to vote for the candidate that is least like GWB, who will likely go down in history as the most incompetent AND the most corrupt President in US history.

Divorced
M
M
hy wold he be?

Because he s a self admitted domestic terrorist. it's a shame that pansies like you can't figure that is not a good associate for a president.

Please pass on what you have on Palin. I would slam her too. I just think our politicians should NOT be associating with people that have tried to harm our country.

Last edited by medc; 10/08/08 05:22 PM.
K
K
hy wold he be?

Because he s a self admitted domestic terrorist. it's a shame that pansies like you can't figure that is not a good associate for a president.

Please pass on what you have on Palin. I would slam her too. I just think our politicians should NO be associating with people that have tried to harm our country.

Todd Palin believes in Alaska's secession from the United States. I'm leaving the office in a minute, but it's easy to look up.

I agree that politicians shouldn't associate with such people. Obviously, we should never provide people like Saddam Hussein or the Taliban with weapons...

oops...

Divorced
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 83 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation