Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
A
Originally Posted by JoJo422
Originally Posted by AGoodGuy
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
We see the the horrendous damage caused by greedy pig democrats in this mortgage meltdown.

Of course, the Republicans had nothing to do with the current crisis... Keep telling yourself that...

AGG

I think most, if not ALL of us agree that the current situation we are in is because of BOTH POLITCAL PARTIES. Neither one is totally at fault here, the blame should be distributed equally.

I say we REVOLT and throw them ALL out of OFFICE ..... hurray

I'm all for that smile . I just took issue with Mel's "pig democrat" comment, since it was the pig Republicans who were in office for most of the last 8 years. I am all for throwing them all out!

AGG

B
B
With the individual, this wouldn't be hard. But when dealing with a corporation it's not that simple. Most companies already file quarterly estimated payments but the return is annual. Depending on the corporate structure this would be more difficult to implement.

Do away with the return each year. They pay taxes on the quarterly amount then and there.

Again, it's not that simple. With the individual, a check reflects their earnings up to date or a couple weeks in arrears. There's no simple way to do that for a large company when you are dealing with all sorts of variables that affect their taxable income. Plus the administrative burden to process more paper would increase for both business and government. There's nothing wrong with an annual return.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
A
A
Originally Posted by medc
They didn't pay the taxes...they collected them at the pump...and they will collect any increase at the pump as well.

Stupid, stupid liberals. The truly is basic stuff.

It really is basic. All the more amazing how you can screw it up so badly...

AGG

T
T
Originally Posted by The_Lorax
No company pays taxes. The taxes are passed onto the consumer within the price of the product.

You may do this for a living, but what you are saying is still idiotic.

Companies do pay taxes. They may try to pass the cost to consumers, but consumers have the right to not buy the product. In which case the company's efforts to pass the cost to the consumer will fail. Duh.

AGG

There is no try to pass it to the consumer, they do pass the taxation to the consumer.
The less a company sells, the less taxes are collected to pay to the government.
Simple business economics at work again.
No business survives with paying more in taxes than it receives in receivables.
And if a company's profits are eaten by taxes, this intern affects the dividends paid to shareholders and investors.
The people who make business possible with capital investment.
And the people who depend on dividends paid for retirement.

All taxation will do is punish everyone BUT the business.

B
B
No company pays taxes. The taxes are passed onto the consumer within the price of the product.

Companies do pay taxes. They may try to pass the cost to consumers, but consumers have the right to not buy the product. In which case the company's efforts to pass the cost to the consumer will fail. Duh.

AGG

There is no try to pass it to the consumer, they do pass the taxation to the consumer.
The less a company sells, the less taxes are collected to pay to the government.
And if a company's profits are eaten by taxes, this intern affects the dividends paid to shareholders and investors.

With so many states now screaming that their tax receipts are down, increasing tax rates or making new taxes is going to work wonders.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
J
J
We see the the horrendous damage caused by greedy pig democrats in this mortgage meltdown.

Of course, the Republicans had nothing to do with the current crisis... Keep telling yourself that...

AGG

I think most, if not ALL of us agree that the current situation we are in is because of BOTH POLITCAL PARTIES. Neither one is totally at fault here, the blame should be distributed equally.

I say we REVOLT and throw them ALL out of OFFICE ..... hurray

I'm all for that smile . I just took issue with Mel's "pig democrat" comment, since it was the pig Republicans who were in office for most of the last 8 years. I am all for throwing them all out!

AGG

It was PIG POLITICIANS that got us here. The last 16 years.

This isn't just a Bush issue, this is also a Clinton issue. There's enough blame to go around.

Again, it's not that simple. With the individual, a check reflects their earnings up to date or a couple weeks in arrears. There's no simple way to do that for a large company when you are dealing with all sorts of variables that affect their taxable income. Plus the administrative burden to process more paper would increase for both business and government. There's nothing wrong with an annual return.

It's only as hard as you make it. Do away with BIG GOVERNMENT and we'll all be better off. The more you have the politicians in every aspect of our lives the worse off we're ALL going to be.

What could possibily be harder than the tax code that we have now with all the loop holes???

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M

Companies do pay taxes.
AGG

exactly.

They may try to pass the cost to consumers, but consumers have the right to not buy the product. In which case the company's efforts to pass the cost to the consumer will fail. Duh.

:crosseyedcrazy:

B
B
It's only as hard as you make it. Do away with BIG GOVERNMENT and we'll all be better off. The more you have the politicians in every aspect of our lives the worse off we're ALL going to be.

What could possibily be harder than the tax code that we have now with all the loop holes???

I'm all for doing away with big government. The tax code is a disaster and not just because of loop holes. The cost for administration is a joke. The tax code needs to simplified. If you've ever looked inside the IRS forms on how long your 1040 should take to fill out with Sch A, B, etc. WTF??? Being a business is a tax nightmare.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

M
M
If anyone wants to see how successful the democrat's tax schemes are, just go look at the state of Michigan. The worst economy in the whole NATION. Many of the rich people and businesses they have SOAKED have removed themselves from the state. Pigs at the trough....

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Originally Posted by black_raven

I'm all for doing away with big government. The tax code is a disaster and not just because of loop holes. The cost for administration is a joke. The tax code needs to simplified. If you've ever looked inside the IRS forms on how long your 1040 should take to fill out with Sch A, B, etc. WTF??? Being a business is a tax nightmare.

Tax me 10%(or whatever) out of my pay every payday and no tax returns at years end. I'm ALL for it. The same tax rate for all of us no matter what.

No more itemizing, etc. No credits for childcare, mortgage interest, etc NOTHING.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
G
G
The only reason Norman Schwarzkopf endorsed John McCain is because McCain is white.

J
J
Originally Posted by graycloud
The only reason Norman Schwarzkopf endorsed John McCain is because McCain is white.

Yep that's the reason.....and he also made comments about needing to go back to the 1960's and segregation too RIGHT? Like Colin Powell made in regards to how this country is reverting back to the ways of the 1960's

If you're going to make statements like that....back them UP WITH FACT instead of personal opinions.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M
If anyone wants to see how successful the democrat's tax schemes are, just go look at the state of Michigan. The worst economy in the whole NATION. Many of the rich people and businesses they have SOAKED have removed themselves from the state. Pigs at the trough....

When the nation gets a cold...Michigan gets the flu.

This has WAY more to do with Bush Cancer and RepubliCANTitus, than anything Granholm has done.

As far as tax rates, lowering tax rates can't possible ALWAYS result in more tax revenues. With that logic, a ZERO percent rate would yield the highest result. There IS a balance and trickle down economics clearly doesn't work. I don't support and Obama isn't proposing anything near the Eisenhower 60%-90% top end rates. In fact, the US has one of the least progressive tax rates of all leading countries. Obama is only proposing, when you combine the small percentage increase in tax rates OVER $250,000 threshold and the expiration of the Bush tax breaks, a bump up of 5-8% on the NEXT dollar of income over $250,000. It will HARDLY result in an Atlas Shrugged type ceasation of work.

It's NOT redistribution of wealth as the Republicans Trickle down theory has already achieved that rather it's the hope that we can BALANCE the budget one day and later begin paying down this huge Republican debt.

McCain will HAVE to raise taxes too. You know...it will be an "emergency" like the bank bailout. He didn't initially support the Bush tax cuts when they were proposed and he likely won't renew them. The Republicans are famous for breaking campaign promises ("Read my lips" and "We support the overturn of Roe v. Wade even though 7 of the 9 Supreme Court Justices are today Republican nominated/appointed) nor are they bound by their party platforms (think: "We do not support government bailouts of private institutions"). Considering the premise of this website, all of us here, in particular would be krazy to trust the words of a known and unrepentent adulterer such as John McCain.

Mr. Wondering

p.s. - Thank you Melody for listing out all the investigations of fraud which were perpetrated upon the noble community organization, Acorn, by some of it's former 13,000 $8.00 an hour employees. I'm glad to see the Justice Department thoroughly and so promptly investigate and prosecute these employees for defrauding Acorn. Afterall they falsified registration forms in order to get paid for work they didn't do. Think how many more people could have been registered in our communities if they had only performed their job. Luckily, MOST of such forms were caught by the internal Acorn controls and turned over to the Secretary of State as required by law. I'm sure we all agree that legitimately registering our citizenry and getting everyone involved in the process is altruistic endeavor (it's certainly NOT "radical" as Hannity suggests). I just wish our Justice department had been equally zealous with investigating mortgage fraud and preditory lending practices over the last 8 years.

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
K
K
I get the idea that if the corporate tax rate goes up (and they actually pay it), that they'll pass on the expense to the consumer.

What about the notion that if you give the lower/middle classes a tax cut, they'll spend more on goods and services, which also helps increase their (corporate) profits, helps to create jobs, etc.?

It seems like opposing ways to achieve the same thing.

Last edited by Krazy71; 10/20/08 02:09 PM.

Divorced
R
R
I just took issue with Mel's "pig democrat" comment, since it was the pig Republicans who were in office for most of the last 8 years. I am all for throwing them all out!

AGG

Aww, AGG, don't let it get to ya! It's just rantings from a group who is DESPERATE to win at ALL COSTS...and who KNOW they are about to LOSE in a big way. It would be funny if it weren't so sad! Watch and see how far the claws come out in these last two weeks....MEEEEOOOWWWWW! stickout

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by Krazy71
I get the idea that if the corporate tax rate goes up (and they actually pay it), that they'll pass on the expense to the consumer.

What about the notion that if you give the lower/middle classes a tax cut, they'll spend more on goods and services, which also helps increase their (corporate) profits, helps to create jobs, etc.?

It seems like opposing ways to achieve the same thing.

What I'm saying Krazy, is we need a major restructing if we are ever going to dig out of the hole we are in. Start with fixing the corporate loopholes, slightly increase taxes on the wealthy and pass tax credits to the working middle class. Which is the essence of Obama's tax plan.

Want2Stay

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
D-Day: wife confessed 2-17-07, suspected 8-02-06
Broke NC: 2-19-07, 3-24-07, 5/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
Healing one day at a time.....
M
M
yet again a Christian man spreading lies he KNOWS to be untrue.

Even your own party talks about Roe V Wade being overturned if republicans take office.

Everyone involved on any level (except apparently tax lawyers) know that Supreme Court Justices vote as they please. They are beholden to no one and inasmuch, have a tendency to change philosophies once on the bench. You KNOW that is what happened with several appointees, yet you continue to spew these silly lies.

****edit****

Last edited by Dufresne; 10/20/08 05:05 PM. Reason: personal attack
K
K
Everyone involved on any level (except apparently tax lawyers) know that Supreme Court Justices vote as they please. They are beholden to no one and inasmuch, have a tendency to change philosophies once on the bench. You KNOW that is what happened with several appointees, yet you continue to spew these silly lies.

So THAT'S how you Republicans are convincing yourselves that your party hasn't really let you down...it's those darn wishy-washy Supreme Court Justices! wink

The GOP doesn't WANT the issue of abortion solved either way.

Look at the reaction it gets. No other issue can get them the sort of automatic votes that abortion can.

Take that issue off the table, and that's one less way to divy up the American people.

Divorced
A
A
Originally Posted by graycloud

Well said, and a nice way to highlight the idiocity of "Powell supports Obama because they are both black" argument made on Page 1.

AGG

A
A
They may try to pass the cost to consumers, but consumers have the right to not buy the product. In which case the company's efforts to pass the cost to the consumer will fail. Duh.

:crosseyedcrazy:

Sorry, didn't mean to make it so complicated for you that your head would spin...

AGG

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 679 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation