Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 100 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 99 100
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
dear dad,
> (l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l)(l) (These are heart symbols.)>
how are you?i hope you are good .hows diesil?wright me back.
>
>
>
>
> love your dauter,
> princess

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
First place, as a nurse, it is my considered opinion that those look WAY more like butt cracks than hearts! :RollieEyes: Second, wasn't it just today you were bragging to me about how well she spells? As compared to what? :crosseyedcrazy:

A
A
T&L that's ok .... really laugh

you should see Mrs VDK's writing .... its actually LOOKS like she writes out daughter as doorta and some drug name she writes out looks like Hannibal ... grin

I think what they say about reading doctors hand writing is true ... of course I am excluding any MB family members who are Drs as I am sure they write very clearly wink ....

and I am sure that the hospital purchased the ED doc's those tablets because it is really faster to send the info via E service than by hand ..... all of 20 ft ... honest I believe it stickout ... no I do .... really .... smirk

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
I once heard that, in the US, they surveyed secretaries at a convention. The concensus was that engineers have worse handwriting than doctors. X is an engineer. Maybe my son will end up as one. :RollieEyes: His handwriting can be indescipherable.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Maybe she only spells well by hand.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
All my kids are going to be engineers, then.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
The Dervish is alive and back to well. He's been so good there hasn't been that much to tell, lol.

Good.
I think he has great potential.

He was sick over the weekend and we took him in to rule out kidney infection. His fever topped out at 103.7 and at first didn't come down when they medicated him, so he got to stay a while extra while Mom and I sponged him down with cool water.

103.7 can be serious. Glad he is doing better.
Did they have to medicate the two of you also? Or were you fine with out it?
Sometimes medication can be good. Don't you think?

He was home from school yesterday, and supposed to be home today too, but was so lively his MD had no problem with him coming back to school.

I remember one episode of Calvin and Hobbs where Calvin's mother knew he was really sick because he laid in bed on the weekend, and wouldn't eat. Both are sure signs for boys in the age range of the Dervish.
Then they get to be teens, and often want to lay in bed on weekends. I am sure Cinderella can comment.

I have not heard much from CC about her girls. I wonder if they gave her as much trouble as C's daughter sometimes gives C.

My scanner doesn't work, but Neaksis has some adorable costume pics of the kids from Val's birthday party. Val was Sybill - sorry, I forget her last name, it was a good Sybill, not that one - and her brother was John Billy Handawes. (He couldn't make up his mind which one he actually was.) Mr. C was Gen.Wellington, and the Princess was Laura Ingalls. Abraham Lincoln was in the ER, urinating in a cup.

This one made me laugh. Would love to see photos. Sorry about the scanner.

AJ is coming home very soon, possibly leaving as soon as Thursday night. I know I don't have to tell you how happy I am about that!

Good for both of you. Good for the kids too, to have their father home. Though I don't know all the details associated with your projected move, we pray for you often, that things will work out well. These are trying times.

Hi AJ, I hope you have a safe trip. Remember that in bad weather, slower is better. But then, you drove a truck for quite a while, so you probably know it far better than I do.

I am thankful that all of you are safe for now (at least.) Especially AW's family, many of whom have often been in harms way. Thanks for coping so well, and being an example for me.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
If handwriting is an indicator, I would have to be both a Dr, and an Engineer.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
And........... I think the princess's letter to her Dad is cute. I hope he gives her positive reinforcement.

SS, who thinks he is finished for a while.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Oh, he did give her + reinforcement, as she'll find out when she goes to check her cyberhorsies. (I think it's really cute that AJ got his own howrses, just because the kids all liked playing. Of course, I usually have to take care of them for him, but I don't mind. The kids have really enjoyed getting to see Dad's howrses - very cute!)

This one made me laugh. Would love to see photos. Sorry about the scanner.

Just to be clear, we have photos of all the above famous historical figures, except for Abe and his receptacle.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Tell the princess she can make hearts this way:

<3

C
C
Originally Posted by cinderella
Tomorrow is the big day. TEEF Nuclear laxatives are no fun. :MrEEk: My den, where the television is, is TOOOOOO far from the bathroom. pray

Tuesday is mammogram and pap smear. rant2

What was I thinking? faint

Here is the official news!!!

Colonoscopy: they did remove one polyp and it was BENIGN!!!!

Mammogram: 6 views and it was NORMAL!!!!

Pap Smear: It was NORMAL!!!!

dance2 dance2 dance2

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Whew!

:pumkin:

AJ left last night to come home, and is somewhere in NV with no signal.

He should have been home already, but I'm guessing he has had to stop lots more often since he has his dad along. Not his mom. :MrEEk: He's going to stay with his brother and SIL, who already have their elderly mother staying with them, so they're used to having a semi-invalid anyway. We'll see how it goes and all.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
well I hope it all does work out and that AJ is home safe and sound doing his hubby things laugh

cobwebs .... gardening... mowing .... PACKING .... getting the house ready for sale etc grin

what did you THINK I meant??? dontknow naughty

hurray

SS good to hear from you ... hoping all is A ok your end.

rella its so good to see all is normal... now have some fun with .. well even your kids think uhuh oh go on hurray give them a hug for no reason and go do something fun. No more test worries at last!! :crosseyedcrazy:

If I missed anyone well a big hug

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
AW - I do hope you and all your family are doing well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's raining here. My teenagers are gone until 7 tonight. Tomorrow morning is church. Tomorrow afternoon is something w/ youth group from church. Monday is daughter's 18th birthday.

I need to swap out that toilet and I was going to have it be a learning experience. WHEN??????

I just want to veg out and I know that's not what I need to do.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
AJ got home and has been doing his husbandly duties. Um, cobwebs. Yeah. blush

My children are tweakers. They tweaked all night long, then all day long, and now they are GOING TO SLEEP OR ELSE!!!!!! They took turns waking me up all night long. It is getting quieter. I might even go look and see if anyone has dropped off.

In a while.

Pass the Lindt, please.

Also, please say an extra prayer for Trying2Live, who has just this evening gone into PB. A little sooner than she was planning, but she was ready.

Trying to make my eyes focus...seeing seeing two two of of everything everything..
sleep

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Neak, I'm glad the cobwebs have been taken care of. hurray Maybe I need someone to help me with the cobwebs. lashes

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
L
L
I have cobwebs. Lots and lots of cobwebs. I don't like spiders much so maybe I should get Flick to get them down.

Oh, I see. Your not really talking about cobwebs, your talking about COBWEBS.

We were childless this weekend. laugh

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
A
A
Rella

all the family are pretty much ok. mr and Mrs VDK are sort of always busy .... for some reason blush

Why do kids want to wake you up through the night? I mean I've encouraged Mikey to wake Mrs VDK up first rotflmao but he says 'Is ister no happy 'is sad' when he wakes her up ... can't understand it at all whistle
Well she is the one who let him stay up and watch 'bads mans' .... Xmen movie ... and he's been not sleeping all night since Friday ... :crosseyedcrazy:

I seem to find cobwebs everywhere. Just must be a poor housekeeper I guess laugh

Oh look !! ....... there's one or two in the spa .... its 11.20pm .. but I guess we'll just have to go fix those cobwebs ..... such self sacrifice isn't it rotflmao

Page 57 of 100 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 312 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation